Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
two dreams I had recently

I'm trying to figure out what these dreams mean. In the first dream there is a brown bear that I find either on the roof of my house or in the attic. He is a nice large bear and I greet him and walk him through my house down the stairs and open the front door for him. He then walks out my front door and away. I was calm and felt very at ease with the bear the entire time. It was a soothing experience.

The second dream I was styling my hair using dead fish. I was using the dead fish to curl my hair. At the end my hair looked very nice, with flowing waves.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45, Atlanta, GA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: two dreams I had recently

Nan,
I can see where these two short dreams connect.

First Dream

HyperDictionary Dream Dictionary:
Bears can symbolize the cycle of life and death and renewal {they hibernate= symbolic death - and come back to life=renewal}. It may signal of period of introspection and thinking.
The attic or top of the house is often symbolic of the 'thinking mind'. An attic is also the highest room in the house {you} where all types of things are stored {past experiences, emotions, attitudes}.

Brown is a color of autumn. Another reference to the cycle of life {the 4 seasons}. In the 'autumn of your years' {winter would be the final years of life}.

Since this is a 'nice' bear, and your calmness and ease with the him suggests this is a positive aspect in your life.

So what we seem to have is a focus on the cycle of life which at the age of 45 is a time of the mid-life stage. Retrospective, reflection on your life. The positive aspect of the dream suggests, upon reflection with the different changes and conflicts, you are comfortable with your life.

Second Dream

Hair is often indicative of your attitudes. Fish is often symbolic of how you really feel, your true self. Styling your hair may represent how you have how 'styled' your life, how it has turned out. Death represents the end of something. At the end, or what is looked upon as the end, every things is as if it 'flowed', your life as if it were meant to be as it is.

Have you done much reflection on 'mid-life' things recently? The dreams seem to be addressing those issues that normally start to come up at mid-life. Reflection on the past, the emotional cycles you have endured through life, thinking more about the past than the future. And of course there is the issue of death.
In the end your 'hair' looked nice, with flowing waves. This would represent your deepest attitudes toward how you feel about your life and perhaps life in general. A positive attitude.

Does this fit your personality, your general attitude?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Yes this does represent how I am feeling about my life currentl. I went through a tough divorce and I feel I am on a very good path with my life these days. I have been struggling some lately though with thoughts of my childhood (it was less than ideal, but whose is?) Perhaps I am finally letting that part of my life go as well and coming to peace with it.

Thanks for your insight, it was very helpful.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45, Atlanta, GA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Nan,
Thanks for the response. And welcome to the club of aging psyches dwelling in the forest that is mid life. To come to peace with life, that is where the soul meets the sidewalk in Jungian psyche. Putting to good use the principles of self discovery and personal growth. And discovering beneath all the baggage that creative and spiritual self which I believe to be the true essence of a 'soulful' life. Being lost in the wilderness or wondering aimlessly in the desert {metaphors for a lost soul} can be ended by discovering the creative aspect and living from a spiritual center {beyond religion}. There is where we find meaning, in life and our individual lives. And if there is discipline in that path to self discovery I believe both creativity and spirituality will be the center in life. Psychologically expressing oneself in a truly soulful way.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present