Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Burning Barn Dad Hero

In this dream I was a young girl, maybe 6. I was in a barn with my mom, she had a sniper and was shooting at my sister and I. She also set the barn on fire. I was trapped and crying for my dad. He came into the barn to get us, he had to come from another city so it took him a long time, and he was too late. My mom shot my sister and I couldn't save her.

My dad pulled me out of the burning barn and I cried and said why weren't you there to save us? Why was I the only one who was saved? I was crying into my dad's chest and the barn was in a full blaze behind us, I can only assume my mom was in the barn too.

It was a very fast, but very vivid dream. You said to let you know if I dream about children or myself as a child, well this is unusual for me, not sure if you remember but usually it's my dad who is the bad guy and my mom who is the victim in my dreams.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25 USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Burning Barn Dad Hero

Angie,
I will give both dreams my full attention in the morning. A quick observation.

Childhood issues and 'men' being there when you needed them seems to be a common theme in this dream and your previous posted dream, Violence & Dirtiness. My guess, or experience, is they have to do with each other in some fashion. The 'wounded' child that never received the 'needed' love and attention, and the need for 'proper' love and attention when you need it now. Both having to do with men.

Part of your response from the dream Violence & Dirtiness.
I have to say he's almost like a father figure to me
This may be a significant statement. Like father, unlike bf? Or are there common themes there also?

Jerry [pray}

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present