Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Ex's and drugs

To give a little background info - the ex-girlfriend, Ashleigh, and I weren't together for long - a month or so. She was my first real girlfriend (I'd dated other girls, but it wasn't serious, like I expected this one to be). Ashleigh broke up with me in a way that I found unacceptable and have barely spoken since, even though we promised to be friends. I was raised in the country, where there were no homosexuals but I always knew that I was interested in both sexes. I've primarily dated males in the past, but have been having issues with my sexual orientation recently. It's something that has almost been driving me mad, which is most likely the underlying topic in this.

I did some initial work on interpreting, but would like other opinions. I really appreciate all your help.

I was driving a van at night around a mall in a warmer weather area. I came across Ashleigh (ex-girlfriend). We hung out and fooled around. She was very energetic in the dream, kept disappearing and reappearing. Although I don’t remember having sex, she was very adamant that we use protection. I loved her very much in this dream but it wasn’t reciprocated. Ashleigh and I ran some errands together then afterwards we were going to drive to Washington DC for the weekend (I remember thinking that they had a lot of snow, like they do now, but Ashleigh really wanted to go, so I didn’t say anything). I kept saying that it was nine hours to drive there, and she kept saying eight, but we were in adobe-like houses that looked like trailers on the inside.

We didn’t make it to DC, Ashleigh had too much stuff going on. That’s when I knew she was dealing marijuana for a big-time family. I got in with the family and started dealing marijuana to many people, then the cops busted one of my customers (foreshadowing that it would happen to me). I saw him (the customer) point me out to the police across a large, crowded room. They tried to come in on me a couple days later, someplace large with lots of people, but it wasn’t a school, mall, hospital or even the family house as there were only a few of us “drug dealers” there and I was the main target. I remember there being lots of pale blue, almost baby blue, around me). I had just picked up a shipment nearby, maybe even there, but got rid of most of it. I tried to stash my purse under some stairs, more like escalators with curtains beside them as "walls" - like stashing something under bleachers, they made me go get it, made me feel like an idiot by saying “Yes, you need your driver’s license – what it this, your first time?”. I found my purse - at this time, I had a premonition in what would happen. I saw what was going to happen in words, almost like multiple choice, but there was only one choice – the cops would try to bust me, but wouldn’t have any evidence to hold me, say they’re sorry and let me go. I was nervous in finding my purse because I knew there were drugs in it, but I also knew what was going to happen with the cops. They opened my purse and acted like they found something, asked me to accompany them to another area the felt like idiots when they pulled confetti out of my purse – no drugs to be found. They let me off, said sorry and I continued going about my business – selling drugs. We all felt very paranoid after that, had a meeting and felt like the walls had ears so we kept passing notes. About this time is when the dream ended. The more the dream went on, the less I saw of Ashleigh, until the end at the meeting.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23, Columbus, OH

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? I don't think so

Re: Ex's and drugs

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for posting and giving a little background. One thing I've learned is that the people in our dreams are aspects of ourselves. You may want to ask yourself what are the likenesses and differences in Ashleigh as it relates to how you see yourself. In the dream, it comes up many times as to who you are and what is your involvement in this "drug dealers" circle. Just a thought... The other piece that speaks to me is the color association. Are you concealing your sexual preference from people who are close to you? If so,why? The blue environment seems to communicate this.
My hit with this dream is you are trying to find your VOICE.

One last piece that comes through for me is the hiding of your purse. You put so much energy into concealing it, worried by what's inside, only for the police to discover it is confetti and does not violate law. The fact that the police say sorry indicates a sense of forgiveness without any negative judgement. It could be that you have an inflated perspective around a "morality" as it relates to your sexual preference. Your own self judgement seems to carry far more power around this issue than the collective consciousness does. Honoring who we are both Shadow and the light is what the Soul wants for us.

Below is information about the color Blue and what it represents in the Chakra system.

BLUE governs the THROAT chakra. KNOWLEDGE, HEALTH, DECISIVENESS

Blue is the colour of the spirit and relates to self expression - speech, communication, the ability to communicate our needs and requirements; Spirit of truth and purpose. This is a mentally-relaxing colour. Blue has a pacifying effect on the nervous system and brings great relaxation - ideal for sleep problems, and hyper-active children. Connects us to holistic thought, and gives us wisdom and clarity enhancing communication and speech.

positive aspects of blue

- loyal
- trustworthy
- tactful
- calm

negative aspects of blue

- unfaithful
- untrustworthy
- self-righteous
- cold

Hope this helps,
Suzanne

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46 Laguna Beach California

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Suzanne -

First off, many thanks to you for your insight. You brought up some things that are bubbling under the surface for me - the morality issue is a big one. I know that everyone I know would still love and accept me if I were to come out as gay, I just still have such a hard time in understanding how to express it. Also, the blue association, I didn't catch and almost forgot to mention it in the post. Very glad that I did now! And Ashleigh most certainly had traits that I was envious of, and some that I was thankful I didn't have.

Again, many thanks in your interpretation - it helped much more than I thought it would have. Now if you don't mind, I have some pondering to do :)

Best,
Amanda

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23, Columbus, OH

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? I don't think so

Ponder away... I'm glad it stirred the pot. Remember if you spot traits in other people ie: Ashleigh
Well there is a saying,
"If you can spot you Got it!

Suzanne

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46 Laguna Beach California

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Suzanne,
Wonderful insights to Amanda's dream. If there is one thing exciting about a response it is when the dreamer verifies what is interpreted from a dream. I am of the belief that most dreams can be decoded, understood, and with the right approach, help the dreamer recognize the associations. Not only to the dream but to the dreamer's life. No longer do we have to wonder what dreams are about. Using Jung's approach and with a keen intuitive sense I believe the world of dreams is primed for recognition by the 'academy' of awards for those of us who 'live the dream'.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present