Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Black Wedding Dress

Hi,

I had a dream about trying on dresses for our upcoming wedding. While I was trying these dresses on one of them was black with a white veil.

It has disturbed me alot this morning and after viewing a few posts of online - soemone made a comment....married in black - you want your life back.

Do you have any idea what my dream could mean? I am looking forward to marrying my fiance and hope the dream does not have a negative meaning.

Many thanks

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Black Wedding Dress

Natalie,
I don't you should be worried about the dream having any real meaning in your upcoming marriage. Dreams address aspects of the dreamer's psyche. The black dress may be saying something about the body {not a virgin perhaps} and the white veil a statement about how you feel about yourself, perhaps hiding the fact you are not 'pure' {veil} but still feeling as if you are {white-a new bride}. I would think it is as much a positive dream in that you are not concerned about virtues of the past but promises for the future.

As for the 'wives's tale' married in black - you want your life back. The white veil sorta cancels that out does it not? And as 'wives's tales' go, they are just that and should not be believed.

Jerry [pray}

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Black Wedding Dress

Hi Natalie,
In the Asian culture they wear black as a wedding dress. The other piece is related to nuns. Once a nun has reached her full development in the religious process she receives a black dress. It represents that they have achieved the highest state of spiritual development in their connection to the Christed marriage. My hit is that your Psyche is speaking to you of the sacredness of this marriage. Your soul wants you to know that this marriage goes far deeper than that of our society that has placed this sacred bond as temporal. It sounds like your soul wants for you a lasting and loving marriage but keep in mind this requires a willingness to forgive and not project unrealistic expectations on your spouse. Remember we are not perfect...

Blessings, Suzanne

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 46 Laguna Beach California

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

stats from 7-14-10 to the present