Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
strange dream I dont know how to interpret

About two months ago I had a very strange dream. I'm a very vivid dreamer, and often have no problems decoding the symbolic experiences presented in the dreamworld. This one, however, stumped me. It was one of the first fully lucid dreams I had. I became aware of a state of being. There was nothing, no images, no smells, no tastes. I had a sensation of vibration, like I was the vibration. Also, the sensation reminded me somewhat like a vaccuum, being sucked in and pulled out simultaneously in all directions. There was kind of a sound, but not like any usual sounds you would hear through the ears. Rather it was like I was the sound: a sound of vibrational humming. I immediately recognized that this must be a dream, in fact i became rather excited about it. I remember 'thinking' "its a dream, its a dream!" and then had the feeling that I should maintain a state of meditation; silence of thoughts; complete awareness in the moment. The intensity of it almost seemed to make me anxious, and for that reason I couldn't/didn't stay long. Next thing I knew I had a vague awareness of floating above the gate to the chicken yard at my house, and then I woke up. Do you have any idea what this could mean? Thank you!
= )

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18, Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: strange dream I dont know how to interpret

Kaylee,
I am not a big fan of lucid dreaming since in my opinion it distorts the primary therapeutic function of dreams. Your dream demonstrates that position. Other than the 'vacuum' sucking you in' {there is some aspect of your life that is 'sucking you in} and the floating above the gate to the chicken yard at your house {the house is you}, the rest of the dream focuses on sensations rather than emotions {dreams are about your emotions}. Your focus on the sensations during the dream is fine and fun but it takes away from the addressing of emotional issues.

But there is enough to the dream that may expose internal issues. Being pulled/sucked simultaneously along with the floating above the gate {an opening to understanding the emotional issue} to the chicken yard may be saying something about your emotions {house/you}. Do you feel you are being pulled into something you either wish to get away from or, something to identify with and is a positive aspect in your life {the chicken yard}?

As for the chicken yard, it could represent actual feelings toward your surroundings, or it could be symbolic {or both}. At the age of 24 both are good possibilities. If you wish to get away from these surroundings there may be a lack of courage to do so {being chicken/lack of will power}. Something is sucking at you, either the desire to change your attitudes/surroundings or perhaps even conforming to where you are and a need not to change.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

thank you very much for your insights. much appreciated.
I recently have been staying with my grandparents (the chicken yard/house is theirs) and we have very different ideas on the purpose of life. I have been involved in the discovery of self, and its connection with manifested existance. This is something I feel I should pursue above all else, as it directly effects all else. My family has long been trying to convince me to live more conventionally, as in taking more of an active interest in money, careers, traditonal education, etc. For a long time this didn't sit well with me, but lately I've been actually considering following their advice. Your insight has woken me up! Pursuing those things would not be true self expression as who I am, but an expression of who the rest of my family is. In the past few weeks I have been pulled between choosing a path towards spiritual understanding and discovery, and general stability: econmically, conditionally, and eniviromentally. What you said has made me realize that the need for stability is a projection from the rest of my family, and from my ego. The desire for truth, through spiritual/experiential pursuit, is what is calling to me from the depths. It is something I have been following for many years, and has caused me to grow in so many different directions. To suddenly veer of this path I have choosen, as a result of the influence of my family (who are obviously biased towards stability) would be a mistake. So thank you, very very much!! Your words have really helped put this situation I am facing into perspective.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18, Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Kaylee,
First let me thank you for your response. Second let me say for someone your age to be thoughtful enough to give energy to the 'discovery of self' is a wonderful thing. You are in for a great adventure in your life's journey, realizing so early in life the need to venture inward when most your age are only concerned about the outer world.

Your response illustrates what is 'pulling' you into something you do not want {an greater interest in money}. And your courage to resist is to be admired. Following your 'bliss' may seem to some a wayward path but as life goes on the rewards will be great and your life will be full of harmony and content. I am sure you have already noticed the chaos that the pursuit of material wealth can bring about {from family experiences}. To resist what society dictates and ignore that inner calling is what Joseph Campbell termed 'The Refusal of the Call', one of the many stages that make up the Monomyth, or what is better known as the 'The Hero's Journey'. To realize at such an early age there is that search for the soul {the ultimate Holy Grail} and to stay the path despite the influences that wish to divert your forward journey, you are no doubt bound for greater things.

Follow your bliss.

If you do follow your bliss,

you put yourself on a kind of track

that has been there all the while waiting for you,

and the life you ought to be living

is the one you are living.

When you can see that,

you begin to meet people

who are in the field of your bliss,

and they open the doors to you.

I say, follow your bliss and don't be afraid,

and doors will open

where you didn't know they were going to be.

If you follow your bliss,

doors will open for you that wouldn't have opened for anyone else.

Joseph Campbell

And what is your bliss? It is centered on two things. One is the spiritual self, the natural aspect within the psyche that follows the common laws of nature which are inherently good. Religion can only teach you about faith. It is in the deeds {hero/heroine deeds of the monomyth} that define true spirituality, the great examples being Jesus and the Buddha. In our time the greatest of heroes/heroines were Gandhi and Mother Teresa.
An example of those common laws?
what goes around comes around

Sounds sorta of silly but from my experiences in life it works. More than most would like to admit.

Two is the creative aspect. Find that thing in life you love most doing and make that your job. Mine is my web site Myths-Dreams-Symbols and my working with dreams. By following my bliss {which I did not realize until I was 42} I have learned to read dreams, have an understanding of the psyche that is beyond any norm. And by all accounts I have a normal range of intelligence {which measurements are questionable and as usual fit what society dictates}. I have always been interested in psychology but it was in my second chance of life that I discovered my bliss {Campbell tells us we have two chances. One is at your age and the other at mid-life}. Most never realize let alone take advantage of this vital regulatory function that provide balance and harmony to life.

What is your passion? Have you discovered it yet? If not let go and let the senses lead the way. It can be anything but whatever it is it is attracted to the soul and fulfills the soul's greatest desire. That is why it is the 'Holy Grail'

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present