Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
lost again

another dream where i am lost.

I was taking my youngest son to a new school to fill out paperwork. First we had to stop by his old school to get his transcripts. He is in high school.

Well after we finished up our business at the school we started back home. I very quickly relized that I was lost. I was driving a VW bug which we do not own. With each turn we were getting more and more lost. The strange thing is that I had to keep stopping the car, because even though i started out driving in the front seat, I would end up driving from the back seat ???? One of the stops we made for me to get out of the backseat to start driving again in the front seat there were two police cars with officers watching us.

Somehow now my middle son (in college) was in the car with me. I am not sure how he got there but he was there. Maybe my last stop to get into the front seat again. He was trying to help me. We saw things that were familiar, but when we would turn we were lost all over again. We drove up to this big tunnel that was about three car lengths long and two cars wide. I stopped inside the tunnel to get back into the front seat again. Looked over at the car that was parked to my left and saw a young man with a hoody on his head. I looked over further to the left and there was a cave, with a wood gate. It was dark, dusty and you could not see too far into it. All of a sudden another young man wearing a hoody came running out and jumped into the car with his "friend". There was a car behind them by this time and it followed them out of the tunnel. It had two men with hoodies too.

we continued to drive. there were no street signs, or anything to say where we were. We started to see buildings that we had seen on our way to the school, but as we got closer they were old, ugly and falling apart. When just an hour earlier they were new and beautiful.

I kept trying to call my husband to see if he could give us help. But I could not reach him.

We atarted seeing signs on the side of the road giving indication that the interstate was close. We started turning here, and then there as the signs were directing us.

I looked in the rear view mirror and realized that the men in the second car at the tunnel was behind us. Again another turn and yet another turn. We had to stop again for me to get back into the front seat. They stopped behind. I asked my middle son what he thought he said that he did not think it looked to good. I started driving faster and they started driving faster.

Finally I came across the doctors office, and I pulled into the parking lot and we jump out and ran in. I yelled is there anyone there. This lady came up, i told her what was going on. By this time for some reason I had lost my voice. She gave me some medicine, and was whispering to me. I am not sure what she was saying. There were bloody sheets laying on the exam tables. We walked outside.... she was not sure of the directions, but she was trying. Then I noticed that there was a cave. At this side it was clean, well lit and someone had taken time to put runners on the steps. Sturdy looking handrails, and little curtains. It was well lit. She saw me looking in the cave. She said that she sometimes used to cave but it could be dangerous. She pointed in the direction that she thought we should go.

We got back into car, and started driving off in the direction she had pointed. Saw a sign and saw the interstate. Then the dog started barking.

ok why did i keep starting out driving in the front seat and then I would relize i was in the back seat.

why a VW bug? Me with my long legs getting out of the back seat into the front seat made me look like a clown at the circus.

4 men in hoodies.

the cave.... dirty and ugly one side, beautiful on the other side.

as always could not reach husband

still more police

again lost

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 alabama

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: lost again

Cheryl,
Let me give a better look at this dream in the morning. It seems to be addressing some deep emotional issues and at the moment I can't intuitive what that might be. It also may be addressing some immediate issues with family {Jung tells us it is common for dreams to focus on immediate issues as well as older and deeper emotional issues}

As for why you started out driving and ended up being driven, that is most likely a statement that fits some aspect of your life. Some emotional/ person/experience is driven you when you want/need to be in control {front seat/back seat}. It may also in some way have to do with your immediate family, your sons and your husband.

A transcript is a history of events. Again the events may be both the personal relation with your family as well as deeper personal issues. I do sense the deeper issues are primary with the sons/father issues secondary.

There may be a relationship between the two event/issues and the more recent immediate experiences may have brought psyche energy so to focus on the deeper aspects. Case in point concerning the male members of your family.

You start out in the front seat with your youngest son but end up in the back seat. Have there been any recent experiences with him that would fit that mold?

Your middle son is trying to help, and you are able to get back to the front seat while with him. Both of you see things familiar. Do the two of you seem to see things the same way in your waking life, and yet you see things differently with your youngest son?

Your husband can't be reached. You have addressed that aspect already, "as always could not reach husband".

Then the dream seems to take on deeper aspects, with the first part doing so also but in an association to the immediate conflict with sons/husband. There may be a relationship of emotions between the 'various' experiences.

It may be this part having to do with the immediate family is saying something about how personal issues affects each of them, and how they are handled differently.

Then the cave appears and the immediate family disappears, from the dream {other than the one reference to your middle son}. This is where the older and deeper issues being to surface. A hoody {head covered up} and a cave both can represent something that is in the unconscious, something that is unconsciously driving you. Tunnels connect the conscious and unconscious mind. Our dreams do also.

As for the VW? It is a car which is you. A small car at that. Perhaps a smaller you, a younger you?

As the heading implies, you are lost {again, more than once {more than one aspect the dream is wishing to communicate?}.

Dreams have these very strange ways of using language, symbolic or otherwise.

Let me look at the dream again in the morning light. My intuitive mind is usually at its best after a nights rest.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Cheryl,
After looking at your dream a second time I still believe it is addressing not only recent waking experiences having to do with the men in your life but also deeper emotional aspects, perhaps the emotional toll the marriage has caused and possibly something even deeper {cave}. The 'decaying' relationship with your husband {your dream maggots} may be affecting the whole relationship of the family, sons included {which would be a logical conclusion since the marriage has its problems}. The decaying relationship may have put you in the 'back seat' in the view of your youngest son while your middle son is more sympathetic to your position. Is the conflict of your marriage affecting the whole family and are sides being taken?

But I also keep getting this impression of something even deeper than an emotional toll and recent waking experiences having to do with family. Something deeper within the psyche {cave} that needs to be 'communicated' {loss of voice}. The last part of the dream in particular seems to be pointing to something besides recent experiences.
The lady who enters the doctor's office may be your inner voice, a voice that has been silenced for some reason. This may allude to the affirmation of your religion to 'obey' your husband no matter what. But could it also point to earlier life experiences that 'added' to your current position in life? Was your mother in a similar position in her marriage? The bloody sheets may represent energy forces {blood} that have been covered by sheets of experiences in life. The dream may be calling you to 'examine' those qualities learned from earlier life experiences. Perhaps there are lessons there {the schools in the first part of the dream} to be learned.

The dangerous cave {the danger of delving into the deep unconscious} has been provided with accessories that would seem to help someone navigate their way if entered. It is as if someone has been there before and understands the dangers. 'She', and could this she not only be that inner voice of reasoning but also a voice from past experience {possibly your mother?} knows the way in which to proceed. That usually comes from experience, having been there before or taken the same route and learned the right direction in which to proceed.

It is a bit of a stretch about your mother's experiences but I thought it a possibly. The 'she' that knows the way may merely represent your own wisdom. The sons would also represent undeveloped masculine qualities {from all the years of being submissive to your husband}. Your husband, well as you stated he is his usual self, not helpful.

Let me know your thoughts and perhaps we can determine the possibilities of the dream message.
And by the way. How have you done with the counseling. Has a change of religious affiliation helped any or is the same attitude still prevalent?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

jerry, thank you again.

all of this makes perfect since now. I know that growing up my mother was also abused. thank goodness the cycle stopped with me. i will walk away from a situation before i will loose my temper.

You nailed it on the head with my younger son. He has recently seen alot of verbal remarks from my husband. Even heard his father call me a bit&%. He let his dad know fast. "I mean no disrespect dad, but you won't call my mom that". When his father is not around, he is there with me. We play games, laugh at movies, do workouts with weights and do lots and lots together. But onces his father gets home he escapes to his room to work on his computer or to play video games. his father does very little with him.

My middle son has my personality. He is very protective of me and has experienced some of the verbal abuse from his father over the years also. When he is home from school he and I spend a lot of time together. He texts me every morning and calls me every night. He shares all with me. He has wit about him and he has such a good heart that everyone loves him. His dad shares very little time with him.

Now my oldest son, I very seldome dream about him. He is father made over. His way or no way. Very control nature. He is not open with me. He has held many of his father's lies from me. He is a good man, but he has not been fathered well. His dad spends the most time with him.

All three of the boys were mine to raise until they got older, and once they became bragging rights for their father. Excellent grades and outstanding at athletics. Then he was there.

Counseling is going well. Actually you have helped me so much also. My husbands father contacted me this morning and asked me what was going on. I was so proud of myself. I told him exactly what was going on, except for the other women. That is my husband's ball of yarn to share. his father was very shocked by what he was told. Asked him not to tell his wife, because she saw no wrong in her son, and somehow I would be made the bad guy. Also let him know how I felt about being treated like I was not good enough for their family. I ended to the conversation with your son was lucky to of had me, but he treated me like sh*&. Said that I don't hate his son, don't love him either. I pity him.

I also suggested that he send his son money so that he could afford to move out, because that is what he wanted to do.I never once raised my voice. Just as calm as calm could be.

My counselor is in contact with me daily. She is great. She used to be christian counselor but realized that many families were being distroyed by people staying together that should just cut their ties. Also realized that by advising women to stay no matter what... she saw that some on the women ere getting involved in things that was destroying them. Like drugs, over eating, getting involved with any and everyone (just to feel loved). I like her alot.

Thanks again Jerry.... having your interpretation is so helpful. Some times just confirmation of what I already knew, and then other times a different angle of looking at things. Most of the time confirmation of what I don't have a clue of.

My hopes are to someday post that I know where I am, and I'm not lost.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 49 alabama

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present