Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A Dream I cannot forget

I had this dream several years ago but I can remember every detail like I had just dreamed it last night. It's always bothered me, not becuase it's scarey but because I have no idea what it means and what the dream was trying to tell me. Perhaps one of you will be able to help me out with this one.

I am in an office setting (receptionist)people are coming and going (just a usual work day) then suddenly the earth starts to shake (earthquake)co-workers are running around screaming, terrified not knowing what to do. I calmly get up from my chair and get under the desk and watch everyone panic. I can see the windows shattering the ground moving but still feeling like; ah it's just an earthquake it will pass. Then I have someone calling my name I turn and it's 3 men dressed in white (they're so bright it's hard to look at them)(my first impression of them: Angeles?)trying to help me out from under the desk. At first I don't want to go with them but they tell me not to worry everything will be alright. One of them hands me their hand and I get out from underneath the desk. (the earth is still shaking and people are still running around in a panic) We walk through a shattered glass window onto the side walk. They walk with me (side by side) and lead me to this hill (still on the sidewalk) we begin to climb and I'm looking around at the kaos that is still going around, but yet I am still calm. I begin askng questions; who are you, where are you talking me, why is this happening? they all answer at once at the same time; "Don't worry, everything will be alright, we have something to show you, just a little bit further;" and they point ahead. We finally reach the top of the hill and I can see as far as my eyes can see (I look around and see the devistation the earthquake has caused and am in awe of it) the 3 men in white (Angeles?) stop and begin to point up to the sky and tell me look up. They ask, "Do you see?" I look up and I see that there is a very bright light slowly coming down. Seeing the light, I start to feel panic, uncomfortable but the 3 men in white (Angeles?)tell me again, "Don't wory everything will be alright". They point again to the sky and say: "Look, here he comes! he's coming, do you see?" I stand in amazement as I finally see what they're talking about and glance at each of them, they smile and tell me; "He wanted us to show you." I turn and look up again, I can see now who it is, I recognize him (it's God)and my heart fills with such great happiness, sadness,fear (all kinds of emotions at the same time) I'm standing there in bright light......I wake up.

Why do I feel so sad after this? Even recounting this dream makes me feel all the emotions all over again.

Any input would be nice, Thanks everyone!!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41 Las Vegas, NV.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: A Dream I cannot forget

Debbie,
What type earthquakes were occurring in your life when you had this dream? You were able to remain calm during this experiences even though the world around you may have been falling apart. But that may have been representative of a part of you that wanted to panic {the other people} but there was that stable aspect that kept you calm. Dreams reflect what is occurring in your life at the time of the dream. Think emotional self, dreams are about the emotions.

The angels, they are inner guides and in dreams not literal {although I do believe there are higher forces in nature that do exist-it is perfectly OK to believe in angels}. What higher aspects do you possess that may provide great strength in the time of chaos? These are masculine entities so that probably points to animus qualities.

God? Going past personal faith and interpreting such an image in a dream we again get back to your own highest qualities. The emotions are your own. Even with the best of attitudes there will always be sadness in life. The first Buddhist saying is 'life is full of sorrow'.

Again, what was happening in your life at the time of this dream? And again think about the strong emotions involved.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present