Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
violent door knocking

This dream was so short I am almost embaressed to write it here. Nonetheless, the dream was so "strong" that I was awake for ages after it..

The dream was simply that there was a "presence" knocking on my front door (ie there was no embodiment as such, and yet it could make a sound on my front door.) becasue i didn't answer the knock got louder and louder and then even violent - this preence was not going away until I answered my door.

The knock became so loud and violent that....I awoke from the dream.

The dream seemed so real that I went to check my front door!

What could this dream mean; does "something" want me to let it in??

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41 - Sydney

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Re: violent door knocking

Anna,
Most likely there is something within your unconscious that needs to be answered or acknowledged. Our dreams present us with those inner conflicts we have experienced in life and those that are left unresolved will 'knock' on that unconscious door {in our dreams, and possibly have unconscious influence in our waking life} until the conflict is acknowledged and put to rest. The louder it gets the more urgent the need to answer it. If it becomes violent there is that possibility there will eventually be a conscious disturbance in your waking life, such could be the influence of the unconscious conflict.

Are you under a lot of stress from an emotional event{s} in your life. Experience{s} that have yet to be resolved? This is very likely the knocking at your 'unconscious' door. Have you recently experienced inner rage that may threaten your conscious self? It will remain and continue to knock until you acknowedge it and find a way to resolve it.

Jerry Gifford

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

yes, yes, yes; I am under a great deal of stress in my emotional life and this stress I often refer to as a rage unexpressed - because I cannot find a way to express it.

I am separated but with a child - who I am desparate to "protect" from his father (for various reasons). I still attend the fathers visit with the child - and am not coping with the contradiction between not wanting to see the father again but at the same time having to to protet my son. Time will tell how this all pans out; though I am eager to live only as my authentic self in front of my son. Not sure how to reconcile all of this....

Evidently my internal rage has had enough and needs to be heard/vented/expressed.

Can I add another dream that i think says a similar thing- but in (perhaps) a more positive way.

I was walking up a rocky mountain with a group of people andwe were on a journey to find "something" at the top o the mountain. Our "compass" was a yellow ribbon that pointed us in the correct direction when the wind blew it. We followed the ribbon to the top of this mountain and saw a great red light/glow from under the cliff face we had found ourselves on. Underneath the cliff face was a huge "dinosaur" type creature; only it wasn't from the past, rather it had just been born (from what I don't know) and was a new species.

Cheers

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 41 Sydney

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Anna,
Thanks for the follow up post. Another assist in helping us all to better understand how dreams function and how they 'do' reflect waking life experiences.

My thoughts on this dream

Climbing mountains usually represents overcoming obstacles in your life. Those obstacles would probably be related to a search for something {journey}, perhaps having to do with an achievement or reaching a goal of some type {reaching the top of the mountain}. The compass may be those inner qualities that are required to guide you in this quest and the ribbon the reward awaiting you if you do succeed. You are making progress but there is a need for caution {yellow}, perhaps a reference to not getting your hopes too high{are you an overly cautious person or often have a negative outlook or perhaps afraid of disappointment?}. The dinosaur may represent old habits/attitudes/issues that could create new problems {new species}.

Your desire to care for your son despite the problems with his dad may be the '{mountain}' in this dream. There are those times when you see progression but your past experiences always result in disappointment {this may be a reference to contradictions of the realities vs. the appearances you wish to maintain}. The dinosaur could be your son's dad, the old and bad habits/attitudes he presents and the new ones you are afraid that will come about in the whole relationship and in your quest to protect your son.

Take the above and see if it fits somewhere. You may have to twist the language a bit to fit better but the outline should help understand the dreams' intent reflecting the waking life emotions.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present