Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
surprise dream

I walk from my bedroom through the bathroom to my walkin closet to get out of my pj's and dress for the day. As I walk past the mirror I am taking of my top and notice a ladybug on my stomach. I pick it up gently and place it on the mirror. I then notice two more and also place them gently on the mirror. I stand back to look at them on the mirror and tell my daughter whose now in the room about finding them. Suddenly the whole mirror is full of lady bugs...100's of them seem to come from no where and have filled up my mirror.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44, calgary

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? n

Re: surprise dream

annie,
The mirror, and the fact you are in the middle of the mid-life thing, suggests there is a reflection of some aspect of your life. The fact you got to the mirror through the bathroom and from the bedroom and ended up in the closet suggests associations to those rooms. The bathroom is often symbolic of 'eliminating' something. The closet is where you store, or hide, aspects of your personality {clothing}. This are all be related to the bedroom which has many symbolic possibilities.

Taking off your top, along with the bathroom, may suggest you need to get something off your chest. But it may also be addressing personal features you think are positive or wish for {returning to the bedroom associations}. The stomach is the center of your emotions. Then there is the ladybugs.

The ladybugs are most likely alluding to you, you are the ladybug. This is something that is enhanced by looking into the mirror, the mirror is full of ladybugs {or aspects of your self}. Telling your daughter about them may suggest an educationfor her about this aspect. Or she may be you as a child and represent 'development' stages of your life {perhaps even to do with breasts}.

The message of the dream is definitely associated with the meaning of the ladybugs. At mid-life we start to look back at our lives and what we see is a reflection of who we are, and were. Could these ladybugs have to do with love interests {the Ladybug is a love symbol}. Or could they be pointing to personal aspects about your identity {the closet}? Could that have anything to do with your breasts {associated with the bedroom}? Those two things, love interests and breasts could be associated with a bedroom as well as personality traits. This is something that needs to be handled gently most likely 'reflecting' the issue it represents in your waking life is a thing that needs to be 'handled gently'.

Look back at recent days and see if any of the possibilities I mentioned were a topic of thought or conversation. Again it is the ladybugs that need to be defined. It may represent how you see yourself, a lady. Plenty of possibilities that only you can figure out since the ladybugs are not a common symbol.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks for the information. You are right it is the lady bugs that are the most interesting part to me. I looked at the bedroom and the change of clothes as a new day dawning kind of idea. Deciding what I would wear as who I would be. In thinking backwards as you suggested I realized I am approaching the annivesary of the death of my husband and that may be a part of it.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44, calgary

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? n

annie,
Thanks for your response. The ladybugs are the key of course and they may hold personal associations and are not so symbolic.
The reflection of the mirror could be addressing the anniversary. Are you still experiencing a lot of grief over his passing? The 'dress for the day' does sound as if you are going through the motions, perhaps an association to the bathroom and needing to 'eliminate' those feelings and move on with your life {a new day dawning}. The repeated inclusion of the mirror does suggest 'reflection'. And ladybugs are thought of as something positive. Perhaps you are at that threshold of renewal, getting your life back on track after a serious loss.

As for the passing of your husband. It is hard losing a loved one. Most of us have had to experience such a loss and it is very painful and for a time can be consuming. But the good thing about memories is they live on within the psyche and those positive aspects usually outweigh the negative. Perhaps the 100s of ladybugs are an indication of those positives from the relationship as well as the future. I would think he would want you to move forward with your life. He will always remain close, will be close.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present