Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Yucky Jellyfish

Hey everyone,
I dreamed last night that I was with my mother, uncle, and friend/crush at the beach. It was sunny outside and the water was clear and blue. We were swimming in the ocean and I noted that it was not like a typical beach. There were water slides and tubes that people could go down and somehow it appeared more like an amusement/water park. We kept swimming until I suddenly realized that it was jellyfish season. I saw there were hundreds upon hundreds of these marine animals floating in the water. In the middle of the ocean, there was a staircase which we proceeded to climb up in order to stay away from them. Strangely enough, there were also some jellyfish on the stairs, so we climbed up further while trying not to step on them. We finally got to the top step and I remember looking down at the water, where the jellyfish just kept floating around. I wasn't afraid or anything in the dream, I was just a little nervous and annoyed because the jellyfish were preventing us from enjoying our time in the water. Any ideas what this all means? Thanks.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18, Florida

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Yucky Jellyfish

Gina,
First I would look to the relationships with your mother, uncle and 'crush'. Is there some sort of 'painful' {jellyfish} experiences in any or all of those relationships? They may be related with each other in some way.

Realizing it was 'jellyfish season' may provide some clue to these associations. Perhaps there has been recent events that has caused you to focus on negative experiences. The beach is often symbolic of unconscious contents ready to be realized {the ocean being the deep unconscious}. You are trying to avoid the painful sting of thee experiences {climbing further up while not stepping on them}. If this is the case then it would point to some painful experiences that you do not wish to dwell on because the pain involved.

On the other hand the dream may merely be addressing some recent experience that was pretty much benign but could be very annoying. Again look to the relationships I mentioned. Living in Florida there may even be experiences involving the beach. At your age your dreams will often focus on such experiences with the intent to avoid any 'pain' that may be involved with the experiences. These 'jellyfish' are 'floating' in the water {your unconscious} and whether they represent something deeper or something benign they remain because they did strike a nerve that involves emotional pain. Can you identify what that might be?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Yucky Jellyfish

Thanks so much for your help on the interpretation. I had previously read before that oceans and bodies of water often represent emotional parts of oneself and the deeper subconcious. I think it's helped me understand a bit more about what it is I need to look at emotionally and why it's affecting me the way it is. Thanks again!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18, Florida

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present