Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rape, Woods & Wild Cats

I wanted to post about the dreams I had recently.

In one dream I was riding in some sort of vehicle near the woods, and a man grabbed me from it and dragged me into the forest where he raped me violently.

Two weeks later I was near the same forest when a woman kidnapped me & blindfolded me, she brought me deep into the woods and then she raped me. I was begging her not to, telling her I was just raped 2 weeks ago and I really didn't want to go through it again. I was begging her not to because of the emotional pain I was still in.

I couldn't escape because I didn't know my way out of the forest and so I was trapped by that alone (in real life I would probably run the hell out of there), but in my dream I let the fear of not making it out of the woods keep me in the little clearing she had brought me to.

Then she brought me in front of some panel, they were either going to decide if I could be her slave permanently or let me go. This was also outside in the forest, the panel of judges were all women. There were no men anywhere. While I was waiting for my turn to go in there another woman told me that it was my mom who had set me up. I couldn't believe it, but they said she wanted me to relive the first rape over and over.

I sneaked into the judging chambers (it was just a separate area behind some trees) and begged the judges for my freedom, telling them I had already been raped and really couldn't handle this anymore. I can't remember their reaction. I just know I took the chance to escape, there was a chain link fence. It wasn't very high up and I got on top of it, and walked across like it was a tightrope. I was trying to sneak by these wild cats. There was a panther, which leaped at me, but he didn't do any harm. I was terrified, and at the end of the fence was a lion. I really thought the lion would get me, but as I passed it by it just slept.

I don't remember the end really. But the dream bothered me.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 25 USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Rape, Woods & Wild Cats

Angie,
First we must decide if the rapes in your dream were real events or symbolic of some other experience. From HyperDictionary:

Symbolic Possibilities: Dreaming that you have been raped, suggests a sadistic expression of sexual desire. You may be expressing an unconscious desire to be violated, conquered, or forced into forbidden territory. Some women have a desire to be sexually overpowered, but not hurt. It also indicates vengeful feelings toward the opposite sex. Alternatively, it suggests that you are feeling violated in some way. Something or someone is jeopardizing your self-esteem and emotional well-being. You feel that someone or something is being forced upon you. Dreams of rape are also common for those who were actually raped in their waking life. Seeing a rape being committed in your dream indicates sexual dysfunction or uncertainty.

My sense from your dream the statement "I couldn't escape because I didn't know my way out of the forest and so I was trapped by that alone (in real life I would probably run the hell out of there), but in my dream I let the fear of not making it out of the woods keep me in the little clearing she had brought me to."
may be addressing the repressed fears of any painful memories. Whether they be of actual experiences {again, needing to determine if there were real experiences of being raped} or symbolic of something else that is as painful, your mind may have blocked them out so not to have to confront the experiences. The memories are 'trapped' because of the actual experiences but there is now a 'little clearing' within your subconscious {in the sense that those things in the unconscious that are ready to become conscious have moved to the dividing layer of what is the subconscious}. The experiences may be so traumatic they have 'enslaved' themselves within the deep unconscious. As long as they remain hidden within the unconscious they will relived over and over in your dreams {"she wanted me to relive the first rape over and over"}. The 'she' is you, or more precisely your deep unconscious.

The last paragraph of the dream is important. I sense the whole action in it is as much symbolic as it is real possibilities {there may be actual experiences from the past but I see symbolic references as being as important}. What catches my attention are the cats are all 'harmless'. Is this a statement about the actual experiences, that the rapes were purely symbolic and not that deeply traumatic experience that is a possibility? There is still confusion on my part to what the experiences are that you do not wish to address. Were there actual rapes or are the rapes symbolic of something else? I don't believe that has become clear as of yet.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Jerry,

Wow thanks for the quick response. I went to work and checked and was surprised to see that.

Okay I'll respond as best as I can. I don't remember being raped as an adult, though I have felt 'tricked' into sex, or taken advantage of, but of course I was consenting.

I did spend the first five years of my life in an abusive home, my father abusing my mom, and then after she left him she became emotionally and physically abusive to my sisters and I.

I have a spotty memory of someone touching me and hurting me, and also of another person playing 'house' with me and penetrating me at a very young age, but I can't remember most of it. Just bits and pieces.

I do have horrible self-esteem, and I do constantly feel guilty. I don't really think my boyfriend is so horrible, it's just myself.. I perceive it that I am always disappointing people and never quite good enough.

I have had horrible dreams, I post a lot of my nightmares on here that I've had of men who want to kill me, rape me, kidnap me, attack me.. a lot of violence against me in my dreams. Maybe I am being violent towards myself in my dreams because of my own self-loathing. I'm not sure.

I just know that I hate my nightmares and I'm scared to sleep. Sometimes I have awaken and found myself not knowing who I am or where I am and thinking a man was in my room and going to hurt me, but I don't know where this comes from.

My boyfriend will have to calm me down, and I don't even recognize him. He will be a stranger to me, I don't even recognize my pets that are in bed with me, though they often go scattering after I scream. He is a stranger to me when that happens, but he's not the one I fear.

I don't know what is going on, but currently I can't get therapy because I have no insurance and they have already told me that because of state funding issues they can't give me therapy.

I really appreciate you taking the time to talk to me about my nightmares though, they truly bother me and I do feel something is hidden beneath the surface.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Angie,
There does seem to be issues that are being repressed in your unconscious and it is probably because of traumatic experiences early in childhood. Your low self esteem is most likely a product of those experiences as well as the guilt feelings. And the dreams, they too are a product of the unresolved issues and will remain as long as these issues are not resolved. I suggest you continue to seek other methods of financial aid in getting therapy. Often there are agencies that do provide such support but you have to do some serious searching to find them. Don't give up and please do take these dreams serious because they will have a huge effect on your life until they are resolved.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thanks for the suggestion. Maybe I do need therapy but right now it's very hard to come by. I will continue to look into it, but I was in therapy before and mentioned my dreams to my therapist and he said "I'm not a dream interpreter' so I felt very invalid in my concerns with that and didn't think it was of interest to therapist.

Angie,
Unfortunately there is still that old school of 'Freudians' who have yet to enter the 21st century. Dream interpretation, especially the model Jung has provided, is becoming more the accepted path to those unconscious contents. But therapy is something I believe to be important for your life if indeed there are those deep emotional conflicts that remain unresolved. Your dreams do point to such inner conflicts.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present