Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Rhino and dogs

last night i dreamt i was in my aunts house in billings, but it wasn't her house. she has a big nice house with a huge back yard. but in the dream her house was facing a different way and there was no limit to her backyard. there were african animals running around mixed with horses and cattle. i was trying to get the dogs inside and the rhino turned around and ran towards the house. all but one dog made it inside. the one dog that didnt make it was halfway inside when the rhino bit his tail and held on. then i woke up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 14 Havre, MT

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Rhino and dogs

Sadie,
Your dream is most likely addressing issues or aspects of how you feel about yourself and those feelings are in some way related to your aunt. There are 'wild animals' as well as 'domesticated animals' which would represent parts of who you are, wild but domesticated. The dogs could symbolize many different aspects of yourself {see HyperDictionary}. The Rhino may suggest you need to be aggressive in some aspect of your life {dog symbols}. There is one particular aspect that you are holding onto, some emotional experience that won't let go.

Dreams are about your emotional state of being. What emotions come up when you think about your aunt's home? There are mots likely a lot of unconscious experiences that want to be noticed.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

thanks jerry.
going to my aunts house is always an enjoyable experience and i looked up the definition of dog and the closest relation is about relationships
and the rhino said i need to move toward my goals and be more aggressive. the dog being held right outside the door is very laid back and if its what i think it is, symbolic of me. in relationships, im afraid to move forward because i dont want to ruin a friendship and i am just laid back being friends with guys. lately one of my good friends and i have been moving towards the end of the friend zone, but like always, one of my friends like him. usually, i would back down so i didnt betray my friend, even if i liked him first. but this time if this dream means i need to be more agressive and move towards my goals, in order to get to an enjoyable experience. should i go for this guy? tell me what you think.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: Montana

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

sadie,
Your response, which I do greatly appreciate since it provides insights to your dream, sounds very plausible. The good feelings you have when at your aunt's home and your need to be more aggressive in some aspects of your life are displayed within the dream reflecting your true emotions. Kudos to you for being able to put it all together and make sense of the dream life as it reflects your waking life. It does take a good instinctive mind to put the pieces of the dream puzzle together even though the waking life experiences are always reflecting in your dreams. The symbols and metaphors are not always easy to understand especially with someone so young. I suggest you learn more about how dreams function since you seem to have a good 'intuitive' sense of the dream world.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present