Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Reoccuring dream- unable to strike enemy

Through my teen years and nearly currently, although, has no occured very recently, I had a reoccuring dream that was always very spooky to me. It always involved me running from something that was possibly trying to just bother me or even harm me at times. I remember one in which I was with my family somewhere unfamiliar. I don't remember exactly how it started but i began being chased by a deer with antlers that was trying to stab me with its antlers. I wound up running into a van of some sort and closing all doors but the deer broke through a window. As i tried to defend myself, everytime i tried to punch the deer i would put all my strength into my swing, swing hard but as soon as my fist was close enough to strike, all of my power in the swing or strike would be lost and i was unable to defend myself, however, I was never hurt by the enemies in these dreams.
I have had others very similar to this, all involved having a full swing at some sort of enemy but never being able to harm object being swung at. I have spoken to friends about this and found others that have experienced the same dream. I have tried to have others give me some sort of meaning to this but with no luck. please give me any information that you can give with the information given! Thanks

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 Durham NC

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Reoccuring dream- unable to strike enemy

David,
When there is something chasing you n a dream it usually means there is something in your life that is 'after' you. Most often it involves an emotional experience{s} that you can not get away from or forget. The harm would be emotional but the original experience could have been physical as well.

A deer is usually symbolic of the anima or feminine aspects {we all possess both feminine and masculine aspects}. But a deer with antlers {a buck} may suggest there are feminine aspects being 'attacked' and it needs to be understood and confronted. You are the buck but the emotions are directed toward those feminine qualities {defencelessness}. My sense is, having read your inability to throw a 'powerful' punch is you feel 'defenceless' against something. The defenceless feeling may be from the original experience{s} that remain unresolved within your psyche. They will stay that way, unresolved and in your unconscious, until they are let out and resolved.

Running into the van may represent pushing these negative experiences into a confined 'boxed' area which would be the unconscious. The experience was negative enough that you do not wish to confront it thus it is placed into the unconscious for some later date {usually at mid-life if not before}.

I suggest you go back to when you first had the dreams and see what could be so negative of an experience you may have repressed it. At your age much of these symbols could easily be addressing normal waking experiences that wish attention. But since these dreams are recurring and began long ago I would believe the dream is trying to help sort through {dreams are therapeutic} the emotional experiences produced from earlier in life.

Let me know your thoughts and possible experiences before you started having the dreams and perhaps we can discover more of what the dream message is.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Interesting. I'm honestly not sure that i can remember what exactly I may have been defenseless to at that time as I feel that this dream was quite some time ago. I most vividly remember that dream over the others I have had that were similar. I do remeber the same dream reoccuring but with different enemies like people in my life. I really only remember one face and to be defenceless against that person at a time in my life makes perfect sense.
The latest dream I had with these symptoms was probably about 2-3 months ago which also makes very much sense as I was basicly being forced out of a house I was living in by my roomates and i was pretty defenseless in the decision being made by the landlord who was also mother of the roomates. You can probably see how i was defenseless as the family ties pretty much won the dispute by default. I feel like I still haven't settled within myself or with the others i lived with about the decisions they made at that time even though i have moved on so, if this reoccurs with any of these people, I'll know why.

Thank you so much for your reply!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 23 nc

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes-

David,
As is the case with most dreams yours seems to be addressing both recent experiences having to do with feelings of 'defenselessness' and deeper conflicts from your past. The one 'face' {person} from your past you felt defenseless against would be the more serious experiences since it probably has more influence over your life now. Often negative early life experiences are pushed into the unconscious where they remain hidden but have a lot of influence on personality and actions later in life. Your feelings of defenselessness dealing with the roommates may very well have associations from those earlier life experiences. The good thing is you did move on from the most recent experiences but you may need to examine the early life conflicts and put those into proper perspective.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present