Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wedding Rehearsal Dream

I was planning out my wedding which took place at my graduate school. It was very informal, there were many people in the seats. The whole ceremony went without a hitch, and at the end of the wedding my boyfriend said he didn't like the priest. That is when I learned this was a rehearsal. We sat down in a corner while the 'guests' left and discussed the issue at hand. He asked what were we to do and I responded that we would just test someone else out before the wedding day. Thats when he looked at me all shocked and said, aren't you moving too fast? I was shocked at his responsed, and responded with how much more time do you need? Then I woke up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Wedding Rehearsal Dream

Penelope,
Are there serious considerations about marrying or even committing to your bf? If so then the dream may be 'testing' your own resolve about such a commitment. But it may also be a test of consciousness to whether your bf is ready for such a commitment, especially if there are doubts {conscious or unconscious} about his true feelings. Weddings are symbolic of a transition in life {which they are, a major transition}. You may not feel completely ready or may have doubts for such a change. You are at the last moment 'learning' {graduate school} about these 'true' emotions.

The priest may represent 'guidance' of spirit in such a matter. If you have 'intuitive doubts about your bf's commitment to you his not liking the priest may be the value of this symbolic priest. The rehearsal would be an unconscious rehearsal of the emotions involved. The test may be one involving your true feelings about a commitment.

Have you or have you thought about 'discussing' such a commitment with your bf? If so what was or do you think would be his reaction? Or the 'moving too fast response' may be an unconsciously reaction of your 'true' self and you may need more time in these considerations.

The other possibility would be these symbols would all be metaphorical and the wedding, and doubts, would apply to some other 'emotional' issue in your life. Your bf would represent your own masculine qualities {your animus. The wedding would represent a need of some 'untested' or untrusted' aspect in your life. The rehearsal may suggest there is something that is ready for conscious understanding that you have yet to commit to.

Let me know your response to my interpretation. My sense is it is about the relationship with your bf more so than other probabilities {it could be both}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

The first interpretation seems to be the correct one. I have spoken with him about marriage as we have been dating for ten years, and if I am to continue in the relationship I need a further commitment from him. He envisions a marrage occuring in a time frame of seven years while I view one occuring sometime in the next three. This is where are discussion stands. At the same time our relationship outside of this discussion is working great.

I thought that perhaps the wedding dream was about this issue but I couldn't place what my graduate school and the disapproval over the priest could mean. Thank you for your interpretation it was very helpful.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Penelope,
If that is the issue, the timing of the wedding, then that is what the dream is attempting to help you work through. Your waking 'dream' is the wedding but the conflict of timing remains an issue, thus the attempt by the dream to help sort though this 'emotional' issue. Having a good relationship outside this one issue is a good thing since it demonstrates that the relationship is strong despite the conflict on marriage.

Something that may be beneficial when you do marry. A recent study shows those who lived together and then married had as long lasting a marriage as those who did not. Perhaps cohabitation can be a good thing. You wouldn't want to buy a car without test driving it. Taking the car home {before actually buying it} and driving it for several thousands of miles will let you know exactly how good, or bad the vehicle is. It is not by accident that in our dreams autos represent the dreamer. It is a symbolic representation, a universal symbol.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present