Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
mother and baby skunk

I had a dream that there was a skunk in my house and I was afraid it would spray in the house. I was able to shooo the skunk outside the front door. Not realizing there was also a baby skunk in the house, I then heard it whimpering, but could not find it. The mother skunk was still at the front door, freaking out, b/c she could hear her baby crying. I let the mother skunk back in to help find the baby skunk. Eventually we found it behind a coushin (sp?) of the couch. I picked it up and shoooed the mother skunk out the door and gently tossed the baby skunk towards the mother. They both stared back at me, wanting back in b/c it was so cold outside...I felt terrible about leaving them out there, but I did not want them in the house...I then woke up.

**What I have read about skunks in dreams generally refer to turning someone off or away from you, but this seems a little different. Any suggestions?

***I am newly pregnant :) I misscarried last year at 5 months, and was devastated.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27, NC

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: mother and baby skunk

***correction, I am 34... I do not know why I said I was 27...LOL. You know during pregnancy, one becomes very forgetful. Anyway, I know I am getting older in terms of being pregnant. I put off starting a family as I have been focused on my carreer. Perhaps, this dream suggests a lot of my fears about this pregnancy considering my great loss last year. I am looking forward to any feedback.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34, NC

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Sherri,
I'm trying to put this all together so the skunk would have some specific and definable application to you {in dreams the house is always representative in some aspect of the dreamer-the house is you}. The skunk is definitely the key but at the moment I am having trouble pinning it down.
Let me look at the dream in the morning after I visit my own dream world. A good nights rest always seems to help my intuitive mind.

In the meantime, if you should happen to view this response, think of what it could be that would be 'your skunk', something that may be inside you {as in a baby}, something that can produce a foul odor when provoked. Since your dreams are about you and your life, this house in the dream, you, is having an emotional conflict over this mother skunk and this baby skunk. It could, as you suggest have something to do with your miscarriage.

As for something that turns you off. The pregnancy with the many odors that accompany it. The cold outside, warmth inside for both baby and mother. I do sense the possibility of the miscarriage mingled in with pregnancy in general. Let me sleep on it and perhaps I will see more clearly in the morning.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks for responding.
Adding to the dream a little, when I let the mother skunk back inside to help look for the baby skunk, she was running around and nearly knocked an expensive/sentimental vase down but I caught it just in time. She then ran to the couch where we found the baby skunk. I do not know if that adds to any of this.

I mentioned earlier that what I could find so far about skunks referred to turning people away from the dreamer, but "anger" was also brought up. Sometimes implying one is trying to get anger out of their life.
Well, I do have some anger towards my extended family. I thought I had dealt with it pretty well, but something new came up a few days prior to this dream and guess what? I am again angry with them that they continue to go back to this very unhealthy issue. I had been thinking (before the dream in question) that I cannot let them get to me, it just makes me angry. I do not want to be angry and have all this negative energy, especially now that I am pregnant again. I was considering confronting them about the issue that they brought up again, but have wondered what the point would be. They are not going to change. They are petty, and selfish. Why should I even stoop their level? But at the same time, I feel like I should stand up for myself and let them know how I feel. Even if it won't make a difference. But, then again, sometimes things are better left unsaid..... I haven't decided what to do. I live very far away from them, and leaving it alone is probably a good idea as I don't think I'll ever return home b/c of how they behave. My parents have had to move away, too. I have not spoken to my extended family for quite some time now, anyway. So, why call them up, let them know I have heard what is going on and give them my opinion. Perhaps they are trying to provoke me? My husband's family is wonderful, so I think I should just drop confronting my family. I probably should just focus on all of the good in my life.

If anger has nothing to do with skunks then, I am extremely turned off by the cold. And it has been such a long, cold winter here in the south this year. I am originally from Canada and another reason for not moving back is that cold weather. The skunks did want back inside my house b/c it was cold out.
Does the vase nearly falling over and possibly breaking if I didn't catch it symbolize anything?

Thank you for helping me understand the house is "me" and thus I am trying to protect myself from the possibility of the skunk spraying me. But, in the end of the dream, I was conflicted... the skunks just wanted a warm place to live and thus likely would not have sprayed. But, how do I know that for sure? LOL. This may refer to the fact that I do not trust my extended family and thus why should I touch base with them?
Thanks again for your time

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Sherri,
The skunk could very well represent those family aspects that you reject and do not want in your home. A vase holds the 'flower' within you {that best part of you that needs to grow} and could apply to family situations. But I get the impression that this skunk is something that, although unwelcome, is not something you have great disdain for. You didn't throw the skunk out the door, you 'shooed' her out. The skunk, a female and with a small 'child' skunk, most likely represents you. I sense the dream is addressing this aspect, pregnancy, the difficulties of having a child, the various 'smells' and experiences {morning sickness as an example but not alluded to in your dream} of carry of child. There may be elements of the miscarriage involved but since you are once again pregnant your confidence level is high and the concern about this birth is not deterred.
As for the vase. The flower it holds could represent the 'flower you hold' within you; a child. The breaking of the vase could have associations to the miscarriage, that vase was broken.

A lot of possibilities but what we must remember is the 'dream' means what is says'. Of course the language is in symbol and metaphor and makes it a bit more difficult to understand.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thanks for your interpretation. I had a scare last week, but have had some blood tests and finally an ultrasound today! Everything is going well.
I am no longer going to stress myself out with anything.... family quarrels, worrying about miscarrying, etc. I have no control over many of these things, therefore, I am going to sit back and enjoy the ride!
Anyway, I wish you well and again, thanks.
Sherri.

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Y

Sherri,
The worrying does seem to be the focus of the dream. Giving birth is so special. Do sit back and enjoy the ride {easy for a man to say}. The less stress in your life the better the chances your new born will be healthy. What you experience in your life while carrying this time, emotionally and physically, your developing baby also experiences. Make the ride easy on both of you.
Good luck with the new baby. This 'little skunk' may have a lot of adjusting to get use to but oh what a wonderful adjustment it will be.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

stats from 7-14-10 to the present