Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
running and escaping

Hi Jerry, thank you in advance for helping me out. I must admit that I do feel a bit guilty for posting another interpretation request. Is there an unwritten rule for limitations on the amount of requests that you receive from any one person?

This dream involves myself and the co-workers that I am involved with on a daily basis. There is a large building similar to the building in which I work except that its in a more rural setting. There are lightly wooded areas that surround the building and paths, many winding paths. The feeling surrounding the dream is light and playful. My co-workers are all chasing me down the paths that go around the building. They surround me on an intersection of pathways.. Two of them are directly in front of me and seem to stand out the most; a very heavy/large co-worker blocks the entire path with his hulking figure, he isn't tall but very wide and another co-worker is underneath his legs blocking any chance of escape through the big guys legs oddly enough. All the other guys are behind/beside me blocking the other paths and seem more obscure. That is pretty much it.. I vaguely recall attempting to escape, I may or may not have been successful..

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: running and escaping

Kenny,
My sense the dream is pointing to a need/desire to expand your horizons. You are trying to escape your current environment for greener pastures/better things. The co-workers would represent those aspects that keep you from achieving this 'better self'. And those other large 'barriers' that get in the way of making this desired 'move'.

Is your job holding you captive? Or are there aspects about the job, perhaps co-workers that make the job unbearable and you want/need to escape from that? Are you looking at other alternatives but most of them seem even less appealing? This seems to be the focus of the dream, wishing to escape from some aspect of your job. Has this been on your mind of recent?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Jerry, you are right on; recently that has been a major focal point for me as far as expanding my horizons and escaping my current job, workplace and career. I do feel that my job is holding me captive because right now I am having a hard time figuring out how to leave this career and pursue a new one, specifically; the means of how to accomplish this within my financial capacity is where my doubt exists. Also I feel like my co-workers hold me back to a certain extent as well; people who are not spiritual in any way or who are negative or hold malcontent for others.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30 waltham massachusetts, USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Kenny,
Thanks for the feedback. Your dream was pretty much straightforward compared to most dreams. And with your age {30} such dreams are usual, the dream focusing more on actual events in your waking life, looking forward, and less on looking back at your past {an older person has accumulated more 'baggage' and their dreams usually focus more on trying to resolve those conflicts}. The large building would be your 'whole' life, all those aspects that make up who you are. Co-workers usually represent differentiating emotional aspects but also will symbolize those persons in your life that cause emotional conflicts. Being chased is a common dream motif and always represents something emotional in your life, either conscious and/or unconscious, that is 'chasing you, and needing resolution. The lightly wooded areas and many winding paths, that spoke to me as greater possibilities for you. All that is needed is to remove the 'barriers' to those pathways that prevent you from achieving such higher aspirations. The one, large co-worker and the other co-workers who are blocking your path probably have waking life associations. But they also would represent something 'large' within you or your life {besides the actual co-workers} that are barriers. To discover what those are will require an more direct investigation of your inner self. Now that it has been confirmed {from your dream}that your true desire is to escape your current job and seek a new career you can concentrate on that and hopefully find what exactly it is you want to do in life.

Let me insert here what Joseph Campbell said about such desires to find that true career that will be most fulfilling. 'Follow your bliss'. Is there something in life that you truly have a great interest in, something you would love doing? Follow that and you will discover a wholeness that money alone can not support. If you love your job you will love your life. As simple as that. Not so simple to do though.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present