Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Spider and Roaches

I had a dream last night that I saw cockroaches on the floor of my room and they were in my dresser drawers. I then saw a couple of spiders in my room and they started devouring the cockroaches. I remembering thinking I wonder how long it will take for the spiders to devour them? It was a gross dream, but I wonder what it means. A lot of time I will see what I dreamed of last night the following day. I went to somebody's house this morning and when I walked up their driveway, I saw a half of a dead cockroach in their driveway.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 40

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Spider and Roaches

Susan,
Such a simple but disturbing dream may represent simply a disgust with cockroaches and spiders. But there is a good possibility it symbolizes something deeper. There are other symbols within the dream that may provide clues to what the spiders and cockroaches are representing in your real life. I'll explain.

Cockroaches are often symbolic of psychological conflicts that need resolving or healing. Because they are on the floor {those aspects that provide support for who you are} it may be something that is deeply in need of your attention {the therapeutic function of dreams-helping to resolve psychological conflicts}. The dresser drawers may represent those different aspects that make up your person/personality {where you keep your clothes} and/or those aspects you keep hidden away {such as disgusting aspects about yourself}.

Spiders are often symbolic of the feminine aspects {we all possess both feminine and masculine traits}. And spiders are devouring creatures by nature. In your dream the spiders are devouring the cockroaches and you wonder how long it will take to devour them all. This may suggest there are aspects about yourself that are in need of resolving but those emotional qualities {feminine qualities such as inability to confront emotional conflicts} may not be supporting those needs. It may be taking you a long time to acknowledge, confront and resolve the emotional aspects in need of resolution/healing.

Everyone has psychological aspects that need attention/resolution. If you look at your emotional life and can determine what the cockroaches may represent, especially if there are those experiences that are disgusting, you may be the spider need of devouring those disgusting aspects {resolving the psychological/emotional conflicts}. When it gets to the cleansing needed in such cases, it is you who must resolve the psychological aspects. Others can help but ultimately it is you who must become the spider {riding yourself of teh disgusting aspects}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present