Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tigers & Hot Air Balloons

Hi Jerry,

You helped me once before a few years ago so I thought I'd come to you again as I found a lot of insight in your response.

I have 2 dreams that I am curious about. The first one I had the night before last. I don't remember the whole dream, just the last part of it but it intrigued me. In my dream I was over at my brother-in-law's parent's house who have a lot of money and tend towards extravagance and they were showing these 2 very rare and very expensive pet tigers that they had just bought. One was white and the other was bright florescent orange and black stripes. I was immediately attracted to this orange tiger and kind of fell in love with him. I hugged him and he was so warm and embracing that I couldn't take myself away from him. We cuddled for a long time and I was aware that it was morning and that I should wake up soon so I looked at him and told him that I would call him Tigerlily (a nickname of a good friend of mine) and that I loved him and with his eyes he looked back at me and told me he loved me too in the most open-hearted way imaginable, I said goodbye reluctantly and woke up! I woke up missing this tiger. This was the end of a very long night of dream in which I was being followed and chased by muscular men who wanted to capture and hurt me.

Last night, in my dream I was in a hot air balloon with a guy who was teaching me how to fly it but were fly in a very obstacle laden area. The view was incredible and at first I was enjoying it, marveling at his skill of being able to fly through these narrow passages between mountains and skyscrapers, feeling exhilarated and excited at the view, thinking how beautiful the scenery was but then I realized we had just narrowly avoided several power lines and was suddenly aware of danger and simultaneously that he was going to want me to take over soon. I was also aware that we were reaching the tops of the skyscrapers and soon we would be leaving the Earth's inner atmosphere so I became worried that we were too high and that we couldn't possibly go much higher but felt that there was no choice of going back down but yet wondering how I would ever get back down and wondering if I would be capable of taking over.... then I woke up.

Thank you very much, I would greatly appreciate any thoughts that you might have on these dreams.

Liz

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 Kowloon, Hong Kong

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes, a few years ago

Re: Tigers & Hot Air Balloons

Liz,
A lot of possibilities to the tiger dream in particular. But there may be an evolving theme to the dream that provides clues.

The first dream
A tiger is often symbolic of feminine aggression. Orange is a color that often symbolizes aggression. Because the dream setting is a place that focuses on extravagance that too may point to an aggressive nature. And after a long night of dreaming of muscular men chasing you and wanting to harm you, that too points to some type of aggression. So what kind of aggression is the dream pointing to?
Something you should be asking yourself as you read this reply

The subject matter involving the tiger is love. There were two tigers to choose from the white tiger being white may suggest something more innocent, a less aggressive nature}. The other is the orange tiger aggressive] with black being bold as well as symbolic of the unconscious. These are opposing forces, something within you. It may be pointing to outer elements in your life, actual relationships that pit bold, aggressive men against someone who is less so. Or it could point to inner aspects about your own psyche/personality. Are you determined or do you possess an aggressive nature, an aspect that you find a great asset? It could be both.

As for the initial setting of the dream. Does that point to some associations you hold that may suggest a man possesses a more 'aggressive' attitude? What are your feelings toward your brother-in-law and his parents? And the name Tigerlily. Could that description not the person you named} point to an actual person you are in a relationship with now?

And finally. The muscular men chasing you and wanting to hurt you. That may be associated with a past experience where there was 'hurt' involved.

The second dream
The initial setting is a hot air balloon. That may suggest two things. One is an over inflated opinion of yourself. But it could also point to aspects associated with love. Along with an aggressive nature the two could go together.

There are obstacles to this aspect. Your aggressive masculine {animus} nature is able to navigate through the various obstacles that you are confronted with. Could you be 'flying too high' and reality is about to set in {he was going to want me to take over soon-you natural self taking the lead}. Those aspects of an aggressive attitude may be the real obstacle that stands in your way. You have reached great heights with this attitude but in other aspects of your life it may be a hindrance.
Could one of those aspects have to do with love? The opposing forces in the first dream could be associated with the hindrances in the second.

Another possibility to this aggressive nature are expectations of you. In the second dream the statement he was going to want me to take over soon may point to expectations. I would think those expectations are of your own but they could be from a real male person.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Tigers & Hot Air Balloons

Thanks for the interpretation once again... It was very helpful once again. You gave me a lot to think about and more questions.... I think in this current world a lot of women are struggling with their developed aggressive natures that have been required to gain independance and success and remember how to balance that with me open and receptive in relationships. I know I am... the practice of opening one's heart and receiving is hard for everyone as it is a place of great vulnerability but also a place of great strength and beauty.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36 Kowloon, Hong Kong

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present