Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
multiplying rings

noticed a ring on my mother's index finger. She never wore one in real life. She died many years ago. Then she grabbed my index finger to see my ring there. More and more rings appeared in shades of blue and green. I did not have a great relationship with my mother when she was alive. I was grasping for her in the dream all the while rings were multiplying on my finger. She seemed more attentive to that than to me.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 54 Western Mass

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: multiplying rings

Mari,
Rings are often symbolic of wholeness, being complete. Being circular it is an end to all means, completeness, perfection, wholeness. My sense is because there was a distance to the relationship with your mother, because you need resolution to that relationship {grasping for her}, and because you are at that stage {54} of mid-life when such resolutions to emotional conflicts begin to show themselves, the rings represent the desire {unconscious if not conscious} to bring resolution to the relationship with your mother. As you grow older the need is even more profound {rings were multiplying on my finger}. The colors blue {intuitions that come from a deep source within your psyche} and green {development in personal growth} may point to that desire to resolve the mother conflict so to move forward in your life {personal growth}. Although in the dream she, your mother, seemed more attentive to the rings, that could point to you in a personal growth aspect of being a mother.

Have you given much thought about your mother in recent days and weeks? The mid-life thing is something that stimulates the need to resolve emotional conflicts. It is a natural part of life and when there are unresolved conflicts they will show up in your dreams to help bring attention to those psychological needs.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 59 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you so much. I have been conscious of trying to be a good mother to myself and wanting resolution with my mother so I can be healthier in relationship.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 54 Western Mass

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

mari,
Your dream does seem to be focusing on those aspects of 'mothers'. Although your mother has passed you can reconcile those negative experiences by looking back on them, trying to understand who your mother was and why she was that way, and putting those conflicts with her in proper perspective. Because you do have inherent physical and psychological traits related to your mother {spending the first 18 formative years of life can only produce such influences} you may act in some ways like her. Look at those negatives and work to resolve those, and the positives and try to build on those. Just as with the influences from early life your mother had on you, you have similar influences on your children. The negatives and positive apply in both instances. Building on the positives and working to resolve any conflicts in your 'mothering' of your children, that may be the symbolic value of the 'multiplying rings'.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present