Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Flying

I was flying in a car. I was driving searching for a car in someone else's driveway that was stolen while I was inside their house.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 58 Ontario

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Flying

Cam,
A short dream with a lot of possibilities. But the different descriptions of 'your car' seem to point to something that is missing in your life and you are in a search for that 'thing'. Because we all have to put so much effort in the social arena and making a living, our focus is geared to those ends and those things that matter most to the soul are left behind. Those things are stolen from us.

Breaking down the symbols

Flying in a car - the car is you and flying is being above those social restraints that prevent you from being the whole person

Searching for a car- you are searching for that thing that will make you whole

In someone elses driveway - that thing you are searching for is in some other aspect of your life, not the social obligated world of material worth but an inner fulfillment

That was stolen - Society puts so many demands on us to comply with the expectations we neglect those inner requirements

While I was inside their house - All this has happened while you were attending to those social demands, you were inside a house {yourself} that limited your full potential.

There may be specific experiences or goals the dream is addressing but the overall focus would be that part of you that seeks fulfillment of the inner self. You are at that late mid-life point and probably have not been able to put much effort toward those inner resources. Less time devoted to work and social obligations and more time to put toward yourself, creativity, and those things that are important to fulfilling the soul's intent.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks Jerry,
I think your response is right on!That is exactly what is going on in my life right now.
Cam

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Cam,
Glad I could be of help. It is often much easier to determine what a dream, even a short dream, is focused when the dreamer is in those mid-life years. The patterns of mid-life are pretty much universal, looking back, seeking meaning in life, fulfillment. And the dream symbols are pretty much standard also. The car is you. And the search, fulfillment and meaning. Stolen things, those aspects in life that have gone unfulfilled.

Now the question becomes, can you now fulfill those things that were 'stolen' from you and bring meaning to your life?
Life is short. It is either now or never.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

You are so right man. Thanks again.
Cam

stats from 7-14-10 to the present