Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Missing the Bus

Dear Forum,

I am posting a dream I see as a follow up in some ways to my other dream epilepsy or possession, in that I see a few parallels. In particular, the problem of travel. I couldn't find my car in the last dream. In this one, I can't find the appropriate transportation I need to get around. I have a thought about that. Since I'm dealing with a wounded right knee, I hunch I'm dealing with wounded masculine energies/ways of getting about the world. Another parallel I see is the anticipation of positive support from my husband (joining me and picking me up). I've always thought of John as being a very practical, positive problem-solver. Maybe my dream is pointing out again I need to integrate more of that.

One other note regarding Anthony. I submitted a few dreams about him last year. He is the priest with whom I had a three year "entanglement" and about which I had over 200 dreams in that time. He and I are no longer in contact, and I have felt I was MOSTLY resolved. As this dream suggests, there is still some old baggage to claim.

The dream:

Last night I dreamt I had gone to a beautiful retreat center somewhere near Eureka Springs AR. It wasn’t literally near there in the dream (or reality), but it was part of that dreamscape I’ve visited before in the past. Usually I’ve just driven through it. I haven’t stayed. This time I stayed. I came on a bus full of people, including Anthony. But once there, I had no connection to them. We were all there on our own. It had many, many acres, including land that would take me near Little Portion, and land that would take me near Shepard and Enoch Pratt Hospital. I wanted to walk around, but needed a little electric scooter because of my right knee with the torn miniscus. I ordered one from the front desk (we all had cabins or something) but they sent me the wrong one. Things got busy, there wasn’t enough time, and I never got to look around. We were only there a day and a half, something like that.
It was almost time for us to leave, and I was told we were to be on the bus by 11:30am, and if we weren’t it would leave without us. I approached the corner where it would pick us up but at the last moment decided I needed to register my complaint. I rushed into the hotel lobby, which was very simple and very crowded with people checking out. I pushed my way to the front when suddenly I found myself in the shell of a building the size of a barn that look like it had been burned down, except for the shell. If you looked through the floor boards you saw black water beneath. Several other people were also there waitiang to register complaints. When the manager walked in finally, I rushed ahead saying, “Let me go first because I have a bus waiting for me.” I told him my complaint but realized was really pushing the deadline so I didn’t wait for a reply.
When I got back outside, the bus was gone, clean as a whistle. I stood there trying to figure out what to do. I thought maybe they’d gone for gas and would swing back by for me. But I also figured they wouldn’t, because I knew what I’d been told. A part of me didn’t mind because it meant I could stay another night. A part of me felt guilty, and I was mortified by the thought of having to call Anthony the next day to arrange to get my baggage. I realized I was causing a number of people problems, including my husband who would have to drive up from the city to get me (a several hour’s drive). On the other hand, I knew he’d probably enjoy an excuse to get away. The woman at the hotel desk said I could have the room for the night for free (even though it wasn’t her fault the bus had left, which I thought was generous of her), and I decided I would make the best of it. I decided I would order that scooter and look around the place.

Blessings,
Rose

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 53, chicago il

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Missing the Bus

Greetings Rose,
Follows is a short read on your dream along the theme of Jungian Self work. It may or may not of course apply.

The first paragraph of your dream may be an affirmation, an assertion something is true, and possibly some thing irresistible, although unconscious (Missing the Bus), to you.

The second paragraph may refer to acceptance without protest leading to something being raised upward, to the highest level attainable, in the third paragraph.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47 OH USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? U

Hi Kathy,

Thank you for sharing your insights. I like that idea of surrendering raising things to a higher level. That is so true. I also get that the retreat represents to me an irresistable truth (I think that's what you meant). Although I'm not so sure it was a bad thing I missed the bus.

Rose

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} f

Rose,
Not being able to find your car would suggest you are not able to find your true self, or some vital aspect that is important to being that true self.
Not being able to find the proper mode of travel would suggest you have to find or realize that aspect that will make you whole as a person, discovering what it is that will bring about balance and harmony to your life.

I'll reserve comments about the masculine aspects after I examine the rest of your dream.

The Eureka, or Utopia, is a place within yourself that you have visited but have yet to fully realize. That has to do with discovering the true self. In this dream you staying 'longer' and in doing so you are reflecting on those important, and more recent, experiences in your life. The damaged 'right' knee may suggest your social being {anything on the right I see as connected to the 'social being', fulfilling social requirements}is a big part of the problem in discovering that true self. You are in need of a 'little' stimulation to discover exactly what it is that is the 'true' path in your life.

The bus that will leave without you if not on time may be an association to something in your waking life. Often such real life waking experiences filter through. What could be the 'bus', an actual physical aspect in life you are worried about missing?

The 'pushing' may be your pushing yourself in regards to aspects of your social life as well as finding that true self. The shell is you, the vital parts of yourself having been 'burned' {Anthony?}. The complaints has to do with that aspect in your life, something you are still trying to manage.

The bus is gone. That part of yourself, and the many emotions associated with it has left {no longer a part of your life}. You were aware of the possible consequences of this aspect, you were warned {self warning or perhaps even a real warning}. There is guilt involved. Anthony may be the baggage. Your husband is involved in the matter and you are trying to make the best of the situation.

One question I have about the male relationships in your life, your husband and Anthony. You have a wonderful husband who is well centered, a practical problem solver and seems to be right in most instances. But there was a need for Anthony. Why is that? Although the dream doesn't seem to be addressing that aspect of your life, there were possible questions in your last dream addressing it, epilepsy or possession?, that were associated with the couple you were counseling. The fact that it happened had a reason behind it. Could that involve the fulfillment you seek in your life that makes you whole, defines your true self? And would there be unconscious stimuli that causes you to be without that wholeness?

Note from personal experience: in my twenties I had this need for other 'relationships' even though I had married a wonderful woman and was happy in my marriage. It was not until I met Joesph Campbell {The Power of Myth} and many years of self analyzing that I finally realized it was from unconscious influences having to do with father issues from childhood.
It seems we all have such unconscious stimuli from early life experiences and discovering those aspects are important to resolving psychological conflicts later in life. This may or may not have anything to do with your relationship with Anthony.

Summary:

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Jerry,

Sorry for the long delay--I got knocked flat by the flu and am just today finally catching up on things.

I like what you said about the car being an aspect of my true self not available to me, and somehow that's impacting my ability to get through the world (social piece) effectively. It resonates on a deep level, for some reason I can't quite grasp at the moment. I also think it is associated somehow with my career. It's been taking off the last year, getting very busy. For awhile it was very slow, and I have had trouble keeping up with the pace of it, and keeping other social aspects of my life in balance. Well, in short, I've been overly busy, and need to find ways to create balance.

As for what am I afraid I'm missing...I do miss Anthony. Not as much as I used to, but he was an important influence, and I'm sorry we're not able to stay in contact anymore. I think he helped to reawaken spirituality and passion for me, and in a sense I need to find how to bring that into my relationship with my husband.

Blessings,
Rose

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 53,chicago il

Rose,
Career issues are a big part of our 'social obligations'. As we age such obligations have to be balanced with personal desires associated with the 'bliss factor' that Joseph Campbell taught. I see such conflicts as a natural, social duty vs. following your bliss. Deep within the unconscious psyche is this desire for the true self and I see that as being creative and spiritual {beyond religion which often limits the spiritual aspect that is associated with nature}. This may be part of the problem, balancing these two aspects.

A personal experience.
My desire is to work with dreams full time. But as with most, balancing social duties of work {supporting my furry felines being a big part of that} is so demanding there is little time to enjoy the virtues of creativity. That is a major task of the hero journey. Balancing social obligations and needs with those deep desires of the creative self.
As for the spiritual aspect, I utilize that in everyday life. Doing what is right in every instance {yet remembering we all fall short}.
Simple laws of nature that I live by, deeds being more important than faith to a particular religion. Good deeds produces positives, bad turns into bad. Most problems in life are self made.
'What goes around comes around'. Simple rules to live by that help simplify life and at the same time adhere to the spiritual condition that is a vital aspect of the human psyche.
Oh yes, another simple rule I live by. 'do all you can do and don't worry about the rest'. Worrying needlessly harms good health. It does seem to work since at the age of 60 I don't have any grey hairs in my full head of hair. My father had an abundance of hair also but it was fully grey. The difference of living without worrying and a life full of worrying {which I know he did in his life}. Genetics being overruled by a healthy lifestyle.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Thanks, Jerry, for your reply!

I want to throw a little something into this mix and see what you think. I mentioned that in the dream I was waiting for a scooter that would help me get around. I didn't describe the scooter, but I knew it in the dream to be the same one my mother's neighbor uses (she has MS).

A few days ago my mother informed me she was going to wheelchair class and would be fitted with that scooter, or one similar.

Since I'm her only caretaker, I often wonder if sometimes I am picking up on her needs/concerns and they are bleeding through into my psyche. What are your thoughts on that?

Congrats on the full head of hair! Maybe you're also influenced by the good example of all those cats, too!

Blessings,
Rose

Rose,
That information may be important. The scooter is something that helps with your mother's handicap. There may be some association to that since the influences and responsibilities with your scooter are with her, they may also fit somewhere with your life.
Also, going from a scooter to a bus may have more meaning when analyzed deeper. The knee symbol may also take on more significance. Such nuisances can provide clues to the deeper aspects that dreams often offer.

I'll take a deeper look a little later today.

I like the idea that dreams do delve into deeper psyche, providing greater understanding of a {an} universal knowledge that is normally thought of as mystical. I think they are natural, from the natural world and not from a mysterious place. The 'intuitive psyche' I believe can be enhanced and better utilized in everyday life that provides a wide range of awareness of the outer world, but something that most people will never experience because they are so focused on self and not the greater possibilities of the Self. Letting go of ego and not giving all our energies to the emotional forces that prevail when there is not a objective and universal investigation of experiences. I believe dreams have access to the greater knowledge/senses that is inherent not only from earliest man but perhaps to nature itself. If so it is a part of nature and not something mystically that just comes about.

A passing thought.
What is 'the' metaphorical reference of 'Jesus dying on the cross and being resurrected'? From a Jungian mind it would be the death to the ego-centered self and a resurrection to the spiritual Self.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present