Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Stork carrying a baby

Hi Jerry and other dreamers,

it has been some time now after my last posts here. Did have several dreams in the time between, but was not totally 'into it'.

Last night i had the next dream:

With my brothers' girlfriend i'm in sort of a house. She's pregnant (as irl). I'm standing in a door opening looking outside, when all of a sudden on the other side of the street i see a stork walking on the pavement, carrying a baby. Seeing this makes me feel both surprised and very happy and i tell my brothers girlfriend to come outside to see this.
As she's comes out she tells me she doesn't see the stork with baby. It's like i'm then looking through her eyes and see she's right. No stork or baby anywhere. Instead i see 3 small dogs and one of them seems to be a puppy. But i'm not satisfied yet. I know what i saw and i keep looking around for some time. Meanwhile the girlfriend goes back inside the house and she steps into what seems to be the show window as if the house were a shop. I still am looking for the stork and then i see it again, just before the stork moves around a corner. I turn around to also get inside to tell her i saw the stork again. To get inside i push a quite heavy glass door and it's like i hear the girlfriend saying that she found this door almost too heavy to get inside...her saying this feels like a complaint. I my head i say to her she mustn't complain like that so much and that, oke, the door is quite heavy but that it is not totally impossible to open it.

Before writing down the dream here i had difficulty with looking at the girlfriend as a part of me. Because of her pregnancy and the stork with baby.
But while writing it down, especially the last part i suddenly could.

The house is probably me. The house turning out to be a shop...i think this is about becoming maybe more aware of the fact that i have choices. Maybe even more about that there are possibilities for me to go after the things i wish for.
Her complaining is me complaining about how hard it feels to 'get inside' and to go after what i really want out of life.
The dogs maybe are about 'trusting'.
The stork carrying (on it's way to deliver) a baby. A baby can stand for something new. The girlfriend not being able to see stork with baby i think stands for my own disbelieve in the possibility of my wishes coming true.

For now i can only hope hahaha...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36, the netherlands

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Stork carrying a baby

Mask,
Your summary seems to pretty much sum up what the dream is wishing to communicate. But she {brother's gf} is you, in related ways that address your desires {not hers}. Her desires are your desires. You can see and yet not see at the same time {you can see the stork but she can't}. Perhaps the issue is a matter of trusting in yourself. Is that the real complaint?

There is something 'heavy' that is preventing you from realizing these desires. As usual we may need to look to earlier life to determine what that 'heavy door' may be. Can you think of what those 'emotional' experiences might be?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Stork carrying a baby

Thank you for your reply, Jerry.

Still thinking about that 'heavy thing' here..

Last night i had 2 dreams.

In the first dream i am in the livingroom of my own home. It feels like it is exact the time it was when i was dreaming it...like i really was out of bed in my livingroom. A collegue of mine is there also. When i enter the livingroom this collegue is busy with my curtains...new curtains. She's putting them on the rail. I watch her for a short time, observing if she's doing it the right way. For a while i just observe, though seeing that she's not doing it correctly. But i leave her wanting to give it her own try. Untill it starts feeling a little awkward to see her trying her best but still not succeeding and i walk towards her and start to help her.
The curtains are brown and instead of 2 there are several curtains.

In another dream i seem to be in my parents house, again in the livingroom. With me i have a little baby-boy. He just 'got in'. Though i don't have kids i feel i'm managing very fine in taking care of him. And still little as he is, he looks at me like we have some sort of understanding between the both of us. I feel happy and proud of what i am capable of here.
Then i remember his parents bringing him to this house. They were going away for a short while and brought their baby to me. Remembering this makes me feel happy and proud again...of the fact that they trust me with their baby.

I believe this baby-dream might be a follow-up on the stork-with-baby-dream. Of course these friends (the parents of the baby-boy, that irl is a girl) are parts of me...my inner male and female? The baby-boy could symbolize the first steps of the integration of the Animus, but also something new i guess.
The parents of the baby-boy...male and female could stand for inner balance, with this baby as some sort of a product of inner balance. Maybe in this dream it is not so much about this baby-boy, but is this baby only used to give me that happy and proud feeling...is that happy and proud feeling sort of the product of inner balance.
The parents 'trust' me with their baby...in the stork-with-baby-dream it also seemed to be about trust (the dogs). But why did this last dream take place in my parents home? Is it about parenting, taking care? Or about something from earlier in life? A question that right now comes to mind is: 'could it be that unconsiously i think my parents don't trust me with something?' And that 'something' brings the word 'being an adult' to mind. Strange that this question comes up, because at the same time i know they trust me with being a real grown up, but that the question rather would be: 'do i trust myself with being a real grown-up?' And this grown-up then refers to having a relationship and kids. While just writing here i think i can conclude that unconsciously i might be doubting myself in this. (though my answer to this would be that i would trust myself with it) Although my answer would be positive this could be that 'heavy thing'. Strange, if the dream would really refer to all this, because i really believe i am up to something like that...though the dream seems to show different.

The curtain-dream then:
this collegue...irl i often find her insecure of herself and she often reminds me of myself in some earlier circumstances. Curtains in front of the window hide the inside to the outside world. Why more then 2 curtains. Is there more that i want to hide?
Brown...dark, but also earth-colour. I first watch her and let her try till it starts to feel awkward to see her trying so insecure and then i start to help her. Could be about first trying, then succeeding, but also feels like the dream wants to say to me: 'stop being so insecure...because you know exactly how things work.'

Getting back to the stork-with-baby-dream:
in this dream the sort of house later looks like a shop, because of the shop-window the girlfriend steps in. Shop-window...showing things to the outside world. I now think that this is were i'm having a hard time...the heaviness. To get to the point where i show the me i am inside...

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36, the netherlands

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present