Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dressing baby in black

Dear All,

I'm 6 months pregnant with my first child and last night i had a dream which has left me a little concerned.
I dreamt that i had dressed my baby in a black, fuzzy coloured outfit with a matching black hat. I'm sure I had chosen this outfit over a brown coloured one, but after i dressed my baby i wasn't too sure i liked how he/she looked. Then my mother came by and did not like the outfit and asked me to change the baby. I agreed with her, but just before i changed the baby, i woke up from the dream. I should also add, that eventhough the baby was dressed in black, at the end of my dream there was an image of a sweet or maple syrup that crossed my mind which for some reason, had some connection with the brown outfit but the baby was wearing black (confusing part).
The reason why i'm concerned is because i have read that dreaming with the colour black could mean a bad omen, like death and mourning for instance. Could it be an anxiety dream, with me worrying too much about my baby's health? My mother is currently sick with a bad cold, and i haven't been able to see her, worried I may contract it as i am pregnant. I'm really hoping this dream has nothing to do with death for my baby or anyone in my family. Please, i will greatly appreciate your feedback.

Thanks so much,

Jocelyn.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29, Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Dressing baby in black

Jocelyn,
Most likely it is an anxiety dream. Black is most often associated with unconscious aspects, which would point to possible unconscious fears for the baby's health and well being. Death is seldom a symbol for death unless there are supporting symbolic imagery that points to that possibility. I don't see that in your dream.

The color brown is the color of autumn. That would often represent a 'decline', often associated with 'low feelings' or depression. Carrying a baby to term {birth} can be a emotional roller coaster and such feelings are normal {as is morning sickness and strange urges to eat strange foods}. I believe the dream, without other evidence to the contrary which I do not see within the dream, is focused on the normal emotions that go with having a baby.

To help you understand my reasoning I will break down the symbols in the dream.

Black is your unconscious fear for the baby's health. The baby being dressed in black would be the imagery of your unconscious and the baby's body {clothing}. The thinking part is the black hat, your unconscious fears {thinking that has not developed to a conscious level}. Your mother probably represents the 'mothering' aspect that you are about you experience {first time mother}. Plus she, your mother is sick, which would be an association you have with the baby's health. The brown color, changing the baby's outfit, would point to the 'low feelings' that come with impending birth, a natural aspect of giving birth. It is hard to 'change' such feelings since they are natural {as is morning sickness}. You were about to change the baby when you woke from the dream. You are undergoing big changes, from being childless to being a mother.
It may also indicate that the negative feelings that are overshadowed {changed} by the positive aspects of the pending birth. That is supported by the 'sweet image of maple brown syrup. The natural 'flow' of emotions that come with pregnancies. The fact you have not seen your mother while she is ill indicates your fears of the 'sickness' aspect.

There are a lot of possibilities related to personal associations, such as the maple syrup, to each dream symbol but I don't see anything to indicate anything really negative about the dream other than what I have provided. I believe you have it right, it is an anxiety dream. You will probably have more such strange dreams, anxieties associated with the natural aspect of being pregnant. Try to be positive about such aspects of motherhood and perhaps those emotions will prevail over the negatives as in this dream {here I am giving advice on motherhood-being a man I have no personal experiences I know, no man has-this is purely a mother thing-all hail to the mother}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Re: Dressing baby in black

Thank you so much for your help Jerry.

The next morning after the dream i was feeling so down because pregnancy is really hard, i miss feeling normal (health and food wise, that is). I am so incredibly happy to be having a baby but the process of having one is life changing too. Also, just depending only on the baby's movements doesn't always reassure me that my baby is fine and so i become too over protective. I'm going through an emotional roller coaster ride indeed :).

Thank you so much, your interpretation has put me at ease. You really do understand dreams:).
I really love this forum too!

Jocelyn

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 29, Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present