Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
looking for the movie, "The Story of Carl Gustav Jung"

I was wondering if anyone happens to have or know how to get the video, The Story of Carl Gustav Jung. It was narrated by Laurens van der Post, one of jung's close friends. I finished his book about jung, towards the end he said that on the day jung died, "Just about the time of his death lightning struck his favorite tree in the garden." When they did the documentary, according to Post, they went to jung's house to film the end of it, during the sunset. "When the moment came for me to speak direct to the camera about jung's death and I came to the description of how the lightning demolished jung's favorite tree, the lightning struck in the garden again. The thunder crashed out so loud that I winced, and to this day, the thunder, wince, and the impediment of speech it caused are there in the film for all to see, just as the lightning is visible on the screen over the storm-tossed lake and wind-whipped trees."

I googled this book and noticed it's in many college libraries, I can't seem to track down a free copy of it yet. One price I found was 299.00. It must be availlabe somewhere for a nominal to free price.

Thanks

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: looking for the movie, "The Story of Carl Gustav Jung"

Correction : I googled this VIDEO (not book) and noticed it's in many college libraries.

(The book referred to is van der post's "Jung and the story of our time")

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Sam,

I don't know where you live... Are you near a major city where they have a "Friends of Jung" circle/group? Many have lending libraries. Or, a member of the group may own it and be willing to loan it to you. Anyone may join these "circles" of sharing, which usually sponsor various classes/learning opportunities, for nominal fees.

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

The friends of Jung we have here in Missuola MT is to my knowledge, limited to an unpeopled website, where I am the only online follower. I suspect some people are out here getting together in groups, but I can find no trace of them on the internet, and I have looked and googled many times many ways.

Have you tried calling the phone number listed on this page?

http://www.montanafriendsofjung.org/home.html

Or a phone number listed with any of the events from their events calendar?

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Or, any Jungian Analysts you can find listed in your area? White Pages? Yellow Pages?

Thank You, I will dig a little deeper, surely will find something.

Hi Sam

By any chance is this the same video:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0084313/

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 70, Aotearoa/New Zealand

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I love Matter of the Heart, van der Post is in Matter of the Heart also. Here is a link to the video documentary that he mentions in his book. It appears to be largely out of circulation.

http://ffh.films.com/id/9370/The_Story_of_Carl_Gustav_Jung.htm

Hi Sam this link may be of interest for you, Carl Jung a Matter of Heart its 146 mins long.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-3225765193573569458#

Kind Regards

Stella

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 UK

stats from 7-14-10 to the present