Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Starting war while on the beach

In a dream from last night i'm on a beach. I'm standing, facing the sea. I see ships appearing everywhere at sea. I know they carry bombs and they are going to start a war. I look around and everywhere on the beach i see small groups of people. Every group consists of two parents and their child.
It feels like every group (including myself) have just been on the beach to enjoy a sunny day.
Then the ships start to shoot bombs. One bomb at a time. When this starts i see other ships, which feel like their are on the side of me and the groups of people on the beach, heading of from the beach towards the enemy ships. It won't take long before they will start to shoot their bombs to the enemy.
Then i watch the bombing for a while. At first it feels a little like chaos, but after a while it seems i am able to see how the enemy attacks us with their bombs. They start shooting a bomb at people somewhere at my right side. The next bomb is still shot at people on my right side but a little closer to me. This goes on, like the bombs are shot first at my right, but slowly moving in my direction and from there more to the people at my left side. This gives a feeling of relieve. This way i am a little able to 'see how things are going to work out'.
But besides the relieve there's still fear; because how can i avoid to get hit by a bomb? I still keep looking around and it occurs to me that from every group that is about going to get hit by a bomb, it is the child (not the parents) that, as soon as the bomb is near, puts out his arms/hands, touching the bomb so the bomb will move over or take another direction. I'm surprised that these children are this couragious, but also asking myself if these children are aware of the danger of the bombs. Also am i afraid that one of them might give a bomb another direction...my direction. As soon as a bomb is moving into my direction i'm thinking of trying to use my hands as well.
Then i'm in a little house/room, with a door opening (no door) and a bench in it. On the bench an old man is lying...dying. At his side there's a younger man. It's like this younger man is assisting the old man in his last minutes. I know we're in a hiding place. Hiding for the soldiers...they've gotten of their ships...gotten ashore.
A little later the younger man is on the phone with someone. I think he's talking to loud and i try, without talking, to get him to not to talk so loud, because otherwise his loud voice will attract the soldiers to our hidingplace.

The beach and the sea; to me this is about 'standing' between the unconscious (collective?) and the conscious. The ships on a war path could stand for my emotions...inner turmoil. How i am influenced by my unconscious emotions...how my inner peace gets 'attacked'.
The ships 'on our side' going out at sea in order to attack the enemy is possibly my first or normal reaction to these attacking emotions.
While looking around i see sort of a pattern of the enemy-bombings occur. This could be a question to me...to try and see a pattern in my daily life referring to how i react to unconscious emotions, but it could also mean that i am already slowly getting aware of 'how things work'.
The parents and their child...i think this is probably about how children are when not yet too much influenced by their parents. Putting out their arms in order to give the bomb another direction, which makes me feel like the children see this as a game. This could be a request to me, to maybe try to look at some things more as through the eyes of a child.
The bombs from right to left...from past to present? Or from rational to emotional? Or is it maybe only referring to the fact of the existence of a pattern (of behaviour?).
Then the hiding place...this, i think, means how i often do react when emotions or things come to conscious...trying to get away from them...trying to avoid. The old man and the younger man....whisdom and Animus? While hiding nothing will be learned out of a certain situation (whisdom dies). The younger man on the phone...with whome? The Animus trying to get in touch with me? And i am only trying to get things 'quiet'...so it seems...

Was a very clear dream, feeling sort of important. It felt like we were at the start of world war 2.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 36, the netherlands

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Starting war while on the beach

It also could be that the dreaming is pointing to three possible manners in which a bomb (a hard situation/emotion) can be handled:

By attacking...confronting/in defence >> the ships heading out towards the enemy ships.

By giving things another direction...distracting >> the children using their hands making it feel like war is a game...trying to look at a hard situation/emotion like through the eyes of a child.

By hiding >> in the hiding place.

While this possibility came to mind i remembered that earlier this week i was confronted with a 'problem' at work and talked about this with other collegues. They all gave their opinion and way of how they normally behave in situations like this. After this i have been thinking about what, to me, is the right way of how to react in such a situation. Just leaving things how they are and trying to keep calm? Or by confronting?

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Hi Mask,

I tend to agree that the dream is about a confrontation with elements in your subconscious/unconscious and that it is showing how you have often handled these. Or, are handling these, still. Maybe it is that this "old" way of handling things needs to die. Perhaps it is this that the younger animus (you) is being instructed on...I recall your earlier saying something of having been a fighter, or some words to that effect. The children (you) in the dream are doing essentially as all children do. At that young age we cannot stand, let alone grasp, how the order of our life is being influenced...and so we deflect many affects to the unconscious. Only by meeting these "early life" experiences ("child and parents") may we heal them.

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Kristi,

thanks for your thoughts on the dream.

The 'old' and 'new' 'way'...that's exactly what came to my mind a while after putting this dream here on the forum. The younger man ('new way') on the phone then might be an inner calling.

Greetings,
Mask

stats from 7-14-10 to the present