Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
old men hover like balls of light

I would very much appreciate your thoughts on this detailed dream of mine - a little while ago but it was very significant -

I got rescued by my ex husband, Kel (we have been friends for fifteen years now) from some event at the local exhibitions ground that was fairly full on and involved covered yards….and those red and yellow barriers you associate with roadworks
After the rescue when I looked at his blue 4 wheel drive vehicle (one he had when we were together) it always seemed to have a fairly basic shelter cover over it (like a carport roof)…with a type of golden light filtering through the roof.

We were waiting somehow before being able to move like waiting in traffic but somehow still moving slowly although this wasn’t visible to us. We were out of the vehicle but able to just stay within reach of it….when I realised there was this old man there too..

My ex was wary but very tolerant of him but I didn’t completely trust him like Kel did I had the feeling he would do harm if he could – violence to people - at the end of the trip I realised this man had deliberately made sure my violin got left behind I wanted to go back to get it but Kel said no. I acquiesced knowing I would try later to get it back myself. Then I found something on the inside of my anklebone. With tweezers I pull out a jellyfish creature it was abhorrent although small it would have grown larger – but very small burrowing under my skin the sensation had only been of warmth but it would have killed me – Kel took it off me and I presumed he killed it but later it escaped from where he put it. He lovingly placed it back in to a container although he knew it was deadly he could do it no harm but the next time it did get him. This time it appeared as a small fish and it went pireced his skin and burrowed just under his jaw I could just see the telltale bulge under his skin…. I was going to help him with that.

Then the next section of the dream overlays that - its as if I have some precognition of events. Like a movie that I have been briefed on earlier and I’m taking over a role, or infiltrating it like a spy….. and also with a mission but I take up in the middle of it.

It starts with getting ready for a work party. I am new and everybody is nice to me but they are trying to work out where I fit in (As well as me)…two of the nicest people I talk to very charming….and later I find the party is celebrating the number of sales they have achieved and these particular people are nice but are stunningly selfish….I try to tell someone my observation when asked my assessment but no one hears or wants to hear instead I am made to listen outside (on a broken pathed area outside ) to a recounting. It’s the actual soundtrack of how someone went home when they first met me and it changed their lives…they were talking about meeting me with a sort of awe and wonder…I felt a little ….. well I didn’t want to hear it drawn out like that….it was too confronting and this was a real memory, a friend of a friend I used to know and I recognised this real life incident - he did say that and feel that before he turned everything upside down…… The area outside was a run down garden and inside the work building there was a loading dock. The head of the team said I was entitled to six light blue towels and shirts with a local University (QUT) embroidered on them (I attended there for four years a little while ago) It was a small logo but he hadn’t got any from them (QUT) in a while from their laundry so could only give me one of each. There were many different jewelled colours and mostly towels unsorted on this big old trolley there…This person had curly black hair (maybe physically resembling this guy who spoke earlier) and he promised me some towels and shirts …would come soon.
I had a very small cubicle on the next floor up (almost an attic) very basic like a storeroom – lot of wood in a corner…around me others worked in cubicles too -

I noticed a person across from me flaunted his family (pictures, mentioning them and had his adoration all out in the open but he never saw his) but there was a black man (two behind me) who I knew was hiding a child but late this night I saw there was a wife as well she had a bandanna…. And he used citrus fruit (its fragrance and presence somehow) to disguise her presence under the bed clothes - their love making …he left big slices of it out and they bit into it before kissing, tangerines perhaps….I finally figured we were in sales…not sure what we were selling –

After drinking a lot the others surprise me by crashing early we also sleep in our booths….I feel I have blonde hair and a different name…..maybe….somehow I am sleeptalking to one of the other guys…also a very competent aggressive seller and I comment on how the rewards system seems to suit them and then both our attention is drawn in a dreamlike way within the dream as we are walking through empty streets - back to this building opposite us. In its middle it has big tubes like air conditioning and space – you can see the silver linings as well as space white like technology…….then I see these floating things, like specks of something but on the front of them I slowly realize and am surprised they have faces……each of these faces is nearly the same (happens one sequence after each other_ in that they are a very old man and each has a different but florid almost cranky face with a white round appearance and very red round cheeks like a toby jar… they are stressed or just very old).

They are in fact each attending a patient through a small portal on the outside of the building (where the windows would normally be) they float a little of course and have to refind their bearings after each treatment…just dismembered faces treating first babies then people I am struck by how its done in a really impersonal way…lots of alfoil around each cell… the faces are strangely like balls of light…. It’s hard for them to hover in one place for long periods of time.

Then typing this I remember too at different intervals there are flashbacks in the dream accompanied by music that show me an earlier life of somebody else or sections of the same life…. Growing up…except its not me at all…..the house the landscape…it’s a long time ago…I seem to be an observer I think I am watching the memories of a very young male child in the scenario – the father of the child whose memory I am observing gets older …. He goes through a gate very close to where I’m sitting at the end as a watcher making this playful joke about some lady that wants to come around and borrow money…. It’s quite good the punchline, bit of a play on words… like he can’t leave her waiting or something

thanks a lot
Maree

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 47, Australia

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: old men hover like balls of light

Maree,
This is a long involved dream and I am a bit short on time this morning. Let me give my impressions of the first part of the dream and then take a better look at the rest of it later today.

The relationship with your ex Kel. You still see him as a protective source in life, providing a 'basic' shelter you can count on. This is a great source of comfort for you emotionally {golden light filtering through the roof}. This is a vehicle {relationship with ex} you do not wish to drift far from because of the security it offers.

The old man may represent some real experience in your waking life, perhaps something from the 'distant' past, an experience that addresses issues of trust. This would be something in your deeper unconscious, perhaps having to do with experiences of violence. The violin would represent harmony in your life and this has been disrupted and you want it back. There may be a lack of support involved from someone in your life having to do with directions you need to take at the present time. And there are painful memories {jellyfish}.

Kel seems to be someone you rely on heavily, in the dream and probably in real life. Has he taken on some of those painful memories you are trying to overcome? Or perhaps he is a part of them. What was your problem has become his. But the problem may be too difficult just for a lay person to help with. It may be deeper psychologically. Kel has been tolerant of these emotional conflicts but you can see they are 'getting under his skin'.

If you have comments about this part of the dream they may be useful in looking at the rest of the dream.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Maree,
I get the impression this dream is primarily addressing the relationship with Kel. Has he provided more emotional support recently, more than usual? Are you finding yourself relying on him more, especially emotionally? It may be unconsciously you are looking back at the time you were married and those conflicts from that period of time, trying to reason that with your present relationship with him. Consciously you see changes in who he is but unconsciously there may still be questions. Did he at one time turn things upside down for you and that is still hard to reconcile? My impressions the dream is focused on what was, what is and what it will become. What it will become may be due to your relying on him for emotional support and the unconscious memories of who he was.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi
sorry I have been eastering... and only read your email now
Okay what can I say to help
your comments have been very interesting for example the jellyfish and the violin - I think these are right on.

Kel I hardly see anymore because we are just busy in different ways and I am letting him drift away because that is what he wants but I have had quite a few dreams of him in different ways and I think he is just a concept maybe of romantic love...or friendship. For quite a few years now I have learned to become more and more independent of everyone and everything which is a strength - but at times my life right now is more about responsibility than joy or passion and that won't be forever (I hope).
:-)
The second half of the dream may relate to my future direction - at the time I was thinking about studying - one of the areas being healing - the old men are connected - I don't think the old men are indicative of negative energies unless that is authority figures that regulate it and are quite staid?
...I saw them almost as dancing molecules and a wondrous thing almost of the universe (not of this world - without bodies) before I saw the old men faces and it was a surprise I experienced without emotion....the study could possibly two years...I didn't get into that university this year but did get into another one - unexpectedly at the last minute....it is a distance course - I may return to the other one for the final year if I do it (worried I'll pass now - so difficult) but i didn't know that at the time of the dream....
hope this helps - I so much enjoyed your thoughts - sometimes I know there's so much wisdom in the dreams and I just can't always unlock it when I need to....while they desperately try to communicate.

I have a growing respect for Jung's theories
cheers
Maree

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Hi

To help you see how close your interpretation is, the idea of the sort of ideal relationship I would want is embedded in the idea of the one shared with Kel - I think
maybe that ideal keeps me going, at times.... knowing that that is possible is a positive thing.

The loss of that relationship turned my life upside down probably irrevocably but it was just change and I have I think accepted that. Interestingly it was a very supportive relationship but I did lose the chance (or gave it away thinking it was a temporary thing) of my passion at that time.
I now have the opportunity to pursue things I wouldn't if in a typical situation. I think the dream is about as you said - what was, what is - and what will become....
I think I now notice the dynamics of relationships around me in the cubicles....next to me...they puzzle me....but then I escape to this bigger landscape....

mmn....
Maree

stats from 7-14-10 to the present