Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Sci fiction hospital visit

I had a what I call a snippet dream the other night, either I don't remember it all or it was just a snippet.
I had three long hairs growing from the top of my right arm and when I pulled them they got longer, when they finally came out they were curly on the ends. I can make no sense of this except my boyfriend does have a few hairs that grow in the same place which I wax for him.

Last night I had a worrying dream:
I had to have a test done on my breathing, I went along to a huge sci fi type hospital room with three huge overhead oval shape type hospital apparatus. Each oval had a bed underneath and the three ovals were all connected to one arm coming from the ceiling. I layed on the bed underneath one of them with an oxygen mask on my face. The Doctor was a lady. Whilst laying there having my breathing monitored I felt something sharp on my right bottom cheek, I felt it and something sharp was sticking out, needle like. I pulled it out and it was about 6 inchs long. The Female Doctor said a piece comes out of it and it scans the inside of my body. I could feel the pain from this internal scanning, she said not to panic as once it reaches my stomach it dissolves.

I didn't get the results of the scan in the dream which is frustrating, I have had some ill health lately just generally tired and run down with low iron count. I believe this was bought on as I have been through a tough time re visiting my past in the process of individuation in order to understand myself better. This included having to speak with my Dad who had acted inappropriate with me whilst I was young. This led on to me analyzing why my relationships with men went the way they did. I feel I am through the worst and can again see light at the end of the tunnel. Although I realise anything can pop up and surprise me from the unconscious.

Thanks again

Happy Easter

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 UK

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Sci fiction hospital visit

Is there a reason my dream has had no replies I am a bit concerned now!

Stella

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

No good reason Stella, except I must have overlooked it. Old age does that to you. I'll give my thoughts in the morning. I still have to feed the social dragon {work/job} awhile longer tonight and will hopefully have a more refreshed mind in the morning.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I am not intending to hassle you as its very kind of you to give your time to us all. Thought maybe it was a difficult one or something of the sort

You are not old Gerard

Thanks Stella

Stella,
Hair is often indicative of attitudes you possess. In this case it probably involves your bf. The emotions involve may becoming in 'waves'. let's see what the dream has to say.

The breathing may be associated with emotional anxieties or fears in your life. The hospital is a place for healing. A sci fi hospital may indicate a need to heal those wounds that 'are not' imaginary. The oval shape apparatus may symbolize issues dealing with the 'womb'. One in particular aspect is a big part of your thinking process {one arm to ceiling}. You need energy to help cover the emotional affects. The doctor is you and the healing is of the inner kind.

I read the added info before I finished reading the dream. Looking at the dream and the info I see associations in real life

The rest of the dream seems to be pointing to actual experiences that may have been a part of the emotional pain you are experiencing {bottom cheek, needle like, 6 inches long, pain from the 'internal scanning}. This would be addressing your dad being 'inappropriate' with you. But because you are in the process of 'Individuation Process you do not panic. This is a positive sign you are on the right track.

As for the first part of your post involving the hair growing from your arm. This is probably associated with the 'analyzing' your relationships with men. That would be a natural part of the process of healing since the problem was from earlier experiences with your father.

Overall I see this as a positive dream. Like you I have used 'individualization as a healing tool in my life. I can attest it works, at least for those of us who are able to stay the course and discipline ourselves not to give in to the negative aspects of emotional fears {ignoring the need to heal and regressing deeper into depression and a imbalanced life}.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Gerard,
Thankyou for your reply. I agree totally with the emotional aspect (thinking function) I am a feeling, intuitive type and I forget at times to use my thinking function. I do need healing and this dream really addressed that for me, I am a qualified nutritionist so I know what is good for me but I have been neglecting (not thinking) about myself like I should.
With regards to my Dad, yes I can relate to that. I do not have many memories of what happened to me but I have feelings this is turn has been difficult to deal with. The not quite knowing is so difficult to make sense of, with time, reflection and concentrating on the facts I have. I have been able to put it into a box of some sort but I feel my unconscious has other ideas for me as always.
I have had to reflect on my relationships with men as unfortunately I didn't have a good set of ground rules to start from, I craved love and attention and learnt that sexuality got me attention from a very young age.
I was abused in many ways, physically, emotionally and sexually for most of my life until I started to become more conscious.
Individuation is painful but so far for me and my children, family etc it has been worth every tear Stella

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37 uk

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Stella,
I will provide comments to your response later today. But I do see you as being on the correct path to resolving those emotional conflicts. Too often we do not give enough time to these 'inner' aspects and let them 'stew' and grow worse. Balance and harmony in life comes with dealing with what is within, and not being soley focued on those outer aspects in life. I applaud your efforts, and courage. Healing begins when you confront the emotions head on. You are doing that and in time the wounds will heal.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present