Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
eating my heart

hello,

in my dream I guess we were on some sort of a trip, we were all swimming down the river, the leaves were falling on us. We almost went past a church, that seemed flooded (it was standing in the river), but then we went in it and it was dark and dry and warm. All my classmates then seemed to go somewhere, I was barely following them through a maze of hallways, especially because at each "crossroad" there were guards that would let me pass only if I guessed which way they went. Of course I got it wrong once, and they lifted me and took me upstairs, and I realised I am only a little girl, their prisoner. In a room on the top of a tower a woman told me I will have to come there every evening to eat a bit of my (own) heart, otherwise I will die. And she cut two slices of a heart I knew was mine, put it on a little plate with some potatoes, and cooked it with pouring some wax from a candle on it (I know that's weird, but it was so). And she said she has very little candles, so this couldn't work for long (so I will die). I think I ate it, though soon I woke up and don't remember it well.

This dream was really disturbing, I would appreciate some interpretation. Have a nice day.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18, Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: eating my heart

cecilie,
I'll provide an interpretation for your dream later today.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

cecilie,
What emotional experiences as a young girl are you having to confront? They are most likely causing you to feel sad or depressed. You are a prisoner to these emotions and slowly they are eating away at your 'heart'. They are molding you into something that is negative, probably having control over your waking life.

If I am correct in my interpretation there may be a need to seek psychological counseling. Are you depressed? Are there childhood issues that are 'eating' at you? Don't ignore the deeper aspects that cause these feelings.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

I don't really know ... I think my childhood was more or less happy.

Maybe though ... I have always been more or less of an introvert, but when I was about of the same age as I was in the dream, I turned extremely on the inside, I was really upset because a friend disappointed me and have not formed a good friendship for a long time, I was aloof and lonely ... At present time I have problems with another friend of mine with which we were really close for the past 3 years and she means a lot to me, but we keep picking at each other and I hate it, but I'm still doing it ... And yeah, maybe I'm afraid I'll be rejected again and will become cold again or something.

Does that make any sense?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18, Europe

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

cecilie,
"I got it wrong once" may be a statement about the first emotional experience you spoke of during childhood. Now that you are having a similar experience lessons learned from that first experience may provide insights on how to handle this emotional experience. The reason for the dream and the symbolic images {abiding by my interpretation} may be because of the similarities of the two experiences. And it may be you are having this second emotional conflict because of early life experiences that formed your psyche. Introversion is an inherited trait but how you live that introverted life is based on experiences during life, especially early childhood years. Why are you afraid of being rejected, the deeper reasons and not just what you experienced? What was it about that first experience caused the feelings of rejection? Was it due to a lack of love and acceptance from parents? There is always an underlying reason. Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it. The dream, as a therapeutic tool, may be trying to help you sort through the past so you can better handle the present.

If you have future dreams that seem to be associated with this conflicted experience, and you most likely will, post them at the Dream Forum and perhaps we can learn something that may help you with this present experience.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present