Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Invisible, Flying, Gargoyles, Rescue

In this dream, I was a dark-elf enchantress. I had the power to turn myself invisible, and to fly. I had to enter an underground world to save two friends from a horde of huge, black, fire-breathing gargoyle-like creatures. The only way to get the friends past the gargoyles was to turn myself invisible. My friends were both magical-type archetypes, one a ranger, the other a druid. They both had magical abilities but neither could use invisibility or flight, and I was really annoyed with them for getting into a situation that they could not get out of on their own.

I could only make them invisible, and thus sneak them past the gargoyles guarding all the halls and doorways leading into the cave, by carrying them. This meant that I had to make two trips, first carrying the ranger out and hiding him under a statue in a hallway near the exit from the cave, where I had to half-way bury him in sand so he wouldn't be discovered and eaten by the gargoyles. Then I had to go back to get the druid. The druid was naked other than a cloak. Both the ranger and druid were male, I was female, but not human... elf-kind, blue skin, pointy ears, wearing a long blue and green robe with magical symbols inscribed all over it.

I managed to carry them both past the guards and get them out into the upper-world, but we nearly got caught more than once. The last thing I remember is telling them both that they were really lucky that I had the gift of invisibility, and that it was not easy to fly carrying that much extra weight... and that they were lucky that I heard them call for me, and that I wasn't busy right then.

The colors and sounds were very vibrant and while the dream was not scary, it left me feeling pretty confused and off center.

I have been sleeping with a Lemurian crystal, asking that my dreams show me what I need to heal and move into the next phase of my life. This was the first dream, in three nights of requesting information, that I can actually remember having, upon waking up. I have no clue what it means... invisible, flying? Oh... if only! :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 48 / Ventura, CA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Invisible, Flying, Gargoyles, Rescue

Rae,
I will provide an interpretation your dream later in the day or first thing in the morning. It does have an interesting beginning; " I was a dark-elf enchantress."
Do you have an interest in magik {witchcraft}, or in pagan rituals? Druids, magical-type archetypes {Carl Jung is recognized as the 'inventor' of the term archetype in psychology} and Lemurian crystals are clues to such an interest.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Jerry,

Thank you. Yes, I do, I actually work with alchemy as a process for spiritual growth; but I never dream about it. And never have I had such a video-game sounding dream. I do dream frequently about flying, but typically I am flying a helicopter, not by use of magical powers, and not in other-than human form.

Thank you and I look forward to your interpretation.
Rae

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Rae,
The study of alchemy is most understood by most {I am sure not by you}. Transformations are of the inner kind alchemy is about those aspects. I sense this dream is also about inner transitions.

Here is what I see in the dream.

You are looking for your true self but unconscious fears have been pushed aside, or have to be ignored. These are fears of origins from earlier life. It will take spiritual discipline to overcome these unconscious/subconscious aspects. You are seeking freedom from those emotional shackles that have bound you in your life.

You are having to confront the fears by 'sneaking' them into consciousness {dreams do this}. You must use discipline to bring out these unconscious aspects and to confront the repressed emotions. You are using your spiritual life as a tool to overcome these aspects.

You are succeeding in bringing about these positive changes to the negative experiences but the deep issues remain. You continue to hide emotions pertaining to these experiences. The weight of the emotions associated with the experiences are becoming a burden.

The dream seems to be pointing to deep emotional wounds in your life. The added info you provided {I need to heal} seems to confirm this. The spiritual aspects you hold are one tool you are using to keep these emotional wounds at bay. But there is still a need to address the deeper issues instead of keeping them 'invisible' to the conscious life.

Future dreams will probably provide deeper insights to where you are in this healing process. Usually they will point to the need to confront the issues head on, addressing the sources and then letting the healing begin. I suggest you try to remember such dreams {you dream every night-remembering your dreams becomes the problem} and post them.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Jerry thank you, that gives me much to think about and work with. I will keep the dream journal near by and keep posting, maybe you can help me break through that wall. Appreciate it!!!!

Rae,
Dreams often come in a series. Each dream will provide new insights into what is in your emotional life that is in conflict or out of balance. Further dreams should help you understand {with proper interpretation} those aspects about your emotional life that are in need of resolution. Keeping a dream journal next to your bed and writing the dream down is a wise way to remember your dreams. When you awake from a dream lay still and go back over the dream so you can remember the details. Then write that down and post it at the Dream Forum. The use of discipline to bring out these unconscious aspects is how you start to understand these unrecognized emotional conflicts, and bring them to a final resolution.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present