Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Destoying churches

I found myself walking a sparsely populated mall , transitioning from a sandy , rocky , desert setting in which I was walking through . Once in the mall I asked for directions to some shop and found myself in that shop lying sideways on a sofa watching some sort of movie on a wide screen TV in darkness . The shop was packed with other moviegoers seated along the walls and in the few rows of seats that the shop could accommidate. As I lay on the couch I had a feeling I was waiting for Camille [my wife] to return (maybe from the snack bar?) and I nervously fingered my cell phone or the TV remote . At that moment I received a call on my cell phone and I answered it discreetly . It was a male voice accusing me of impregnating a woman who, if she were to become pregnant , would surely die from complications because her body just couldn't handle the pregnancy . This woman , was in fact pregnant, and dying, and I had to go see her.

I then found myself at Richard's house, a childhood friend , rounding up all of the old crowd to go with me and to my surprise Angel came up to me, embraced and kissed me, as I grabbed for ribbons & strips of clothing to cover her nakedness . I felt very awkward at that point, because Richard , (her husband in reality) was standing next to us then and was unmoved about what was happening . We all moved out to the driveway to load into a truck that would take us to our dying friend and I was about to hop in when I realized my cell phone was dead and I had left my charger down the block at some municipality. After pondering it for a moment , I decided my phone would be more useful to me alive than dead , I started down the block to retrieve the charger. It was at some sort of a single level city office building.

I had arrived and entered , with a Jack Lemon character inside mocking me playfully as I trod the hallway past him , at which point I had him hold my sunglasses as I would be right back . The back room and my phone charger was my destination , but when I got there a woman told me I had a package to pick up and directed me to a side room with glass windows all around . There was two large boxes of vinyl records in one corner that I knew weren't mine, but was thinking of lifting a few undetected. Just then the woman came in , behind me and ushered me to the other side of the room where my package was sitting. It was about 4'x4'x4' cardboard box with see-through plastic in the front sort of like a doll box in a department store , but bigger. It was full of about 6-7 paper mache models of the First Baptist Church in St. Petersburg, FL .

Photobucket

I shook the box a little and a couple models broke like glass . The woman became perturbed at my carelessness with the package and began taking broken pieces out, and piecing them back together hurriedly.

Something then happened I don't quite remember , but I found myself in some country woods now with a chain gang , as they introduced themselves in song one by one going down the line. The musical number was sort of unprofessional and unrehearsed and belted out in the rain by each member of the gang in turn when an individual reached an elevated muddy hill in the line of the procession . There was about 10 of them mostly consisting of Will Ferrell and the characters of Star Wars . I remember the Wookie mostly. After the performance , the chain gang appeared mysteriously in a rocky crevice or cave behind me unshackled and all seated in recliners and sofas looking lifeless as mannequins.

I was joined at that time by another person whom I can't recall but shared my predicament and increasing concern. This person said aloud "LOOK...they must be dead!" This enraged them because they rose up and gave chase to us like a pack of ravenous werewolves . We broke into a sprint back past the muddy hill , out of the woods and into a field clearing where we found the pack still on our heels . We twisted and juked and sped through field looking behind us every few seconds just to find the wolves still chasing their prey . I had a pair of screwdrivers turned upside down in my hands using the handle ends for traction, while running on all fours like a dog. This seemed to do the trick and as we neared the wood line at the opposite end of the field , a pulling force seemed to sweep us up of the ground and away from danger into infinity. It felt like our skin was being sucked off our bodies . Fade to black . We found ourselves afterwards back in that rocky crevice the chain gang started chasing us from , seated in the chairs . As we came to , the only audible sound in the quiet cave was that of a freshly burned-in or branded inscription on the front and rear walls of the abode still glowing red, pulsing with embers & heat , it read . . ."NEW + HOT" . . .

I woke up.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32 - Missoula MT

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Destoying churches

Joel,
I'll provide my thoughts to your dream in the morning {Sunday}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Joel,
Two possibilities I see within this dream both of which may be the focus of the dream. Dreams often address more than one issue, usually one of the outer waking experiences and the other the inner search.

The subject title of your dream post may provide clues to what the dream is attempting to communicate to your conscious mind. The first paragraph seems to be addressing a search, away from a desolate aspect to something that has to do with the feminine aspect.
Has there been some experience recently that put in jeopardy spiritual aspects? Is there a part of you been neglected and is in jeopardy of dying? Therein may lye the conflict.

As for waking experiences. Are there recent experiences having to do with female relationships that are in dire threat of dying? Perhaps thoughts
to do with nefarious relationships {Richards wife}. The cell phone would be communication from your unconscious {as are dreams}. A cell phone in need of charging may suggest this issue is charged with emotions.

There may be elements of guilt involved in these thoughts. That would address not only the spiritual aspect but also that 'dying' sense of a need for feminine relationships. Perhaps also elements of temptations that would not be in accord with spiritual requirements. But you are in meed not only of spiritual nourishment but also of feminine companionship. There seems to be experiences where the 'feminine' aspect has been 'broken' and there is a need to 'pick up the pieces'.

Some part of you is 'shackled' and needs a release. The song may be of the 'heart'. Perhaps your personality has something to do with this process. A comedy of errors of sorts but also a need to be brave and pursue those adventures {of the heart} that you have been reluctant or afraid to pursue.

There seems to be conflicting emotions to this part of
your life. There is the 'animal' nature that is one one side and perhaps a moral issue on the other. Although the spiritual aspects may be in front it does not eliminate those 'other' needs that exist. You may tend to try to ignore those 'other' issues but you can feel the 'heat' from that aspect of the self.

Jerry

First of all, thank you Jerry for your time and effort in this interpretation. As for the matter, I indeed identified all parts of your interpretation to my waking experiences to some degree.

Spirituality to me has always been frustrating. I perpetually juggle with different convictions concerning numerous religious dogmas, yet to find a complete aphorism for mine self. This conflict, in turn I believe signifies a fluctuation of my thoughts on mortality, or the demise of. The church in my dream was one of many I attended as a child.

As for the female aspect/experience, I have been married to my wife for many years in a very fulfilling relationship. In the dream, "Richard's wife" was a girl I had an interest in at the time, a long time ago. Also, after 15+ years, my mother and I are still estranged, as are my 3 younger sisters, whom I left behind when I moved from home at an early age. I think these are the female relationships that are "in dire threat of dying".Additionally, I've tried to "forget" about it all for so long, essentially accelerating the demise even further. Despite my efforts to forget, I think about it every day.

At times, I do feel shackled or weighted down by job, family, bills, etc...all moral obligations to which I will not defer, and for the most part the most enjoyable aspects of my life. Although, as time goes by and I become more entrenched in constraints, I find my stargazing to be an effective counter to mediocracy.

Joel

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 32 - Missoula MT

Joel,
I'll provide a response later today.

Star gazing. Taking your mind off those negatives and placing yourself in a field of wonder. If only we could be children all our lives and simply gaze at the stars in wonderment. The mystery never ends.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present