Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dream within a dream

I had this dream one day after receiving divorce papers in the mail. I will respond to interpretations

My 11 year old daughter was going to Africa and I was going with her. There was a whole sequence of trying to go, all in an airport. My wife was there except her face kept changing to that of my first wife, not as she is now but when she was young. Seeing her like that made me feel "in love"

Anyway, we were at the airport and my passport was not in order so I was getting a new one made. As they were trying to take my picture, I fell asleep and had a dream inside my dream. I dreamed that we were jumping off a bridge into a river. My wife and both daughters were all on my back. I would jump off and before we got to the bottom, I would fly us under the bridge. Then I woke up, still in the dream.

The officials had been unable to get my picture so were going to let me go to Africa using my passport card, only I couldn't get it out of my billfold. I had thick gloves on and they were stuck on my hands. I woke up as someone was trying to help me peel the gloves off of my fingers.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 45 Iowa

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Dream within a dream

Dale,
Let me take a look at your dream later today. I have a mental block this morning {the social dragon, otherwise known as work, has occupied my thoughts} and although I can put pieces of the dream together I am not comfortable with the final conclusions. On first glance it does seem to be 'taking you back' to those emotions from your past.

Question. Is this divorce something you really want? The passport is your identity and the fact they are not in order gives me the impression you are not comfortable with the prospects of being divorced, again.

Jerry [mediatte]

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Yes, the divorce is something I want having had no communication with her in 8 months. Release. Comfortable with it? Of course not, I can just barely pay my bills, much less a lawyer among other reasons including the vow to stay together. Thanks for the reponse Jerry. I'm looking forward to your analysis.

Dale,
My sense is, after looking at the dream many times, there are built up emotions that may be affecting your thought process. From your response I sense a lot of anger and that seems to come across in the dream. This is not who you really are {passport and billfold representing identification issues} but it is difficult to abate these feelings. Dreaming within a dream often means a lot of pressure that is affecting your mental state {the dream being an unconscious state where true emotions are shown}. The pressures have to do with wife and children, reflecting the action condition of your waking life {financial problems}. Gloves often symbolize covering up your emotions. Hands represent abilities. You are stuck with these emotions and the direction you are going {fingers] requires you to shed these negative feelings if you are to find harmony in your life.

This dream was difficult {and perhaps had less to do with a mental block on my part} likely due to the fact you are having a difficult time with your emotions. If there is a lot of anger it may be blurring your ability to think straight. There is a need to find a way to overcome these negative emotions before they overcome you.

Jerry

Jerry,
That was a very perceptive analysis. Thank you. I don't feel like I have a lot of anger but I would be a fool to deny the possibility. I would prefer not to deny it because I eventually want to get those gloves off and find harmony. Dreams like that help. Why do I only express that anger in my dreams? (and occasionally in replies to internet posts) Here is another dream from a few nights before that and it clearly has anger in it:

I gave the middle finger to someone, flipped them off. I don't remember who or for what but right after I did, I shook my hand and the middle finger flew off, almost to the knuckle. I looked and it was a bloody stump. So I retrieved the fallen finger to reattach it and by the time I had picked it up, a new finger had grown in its place. It was a miracle and I was astounded. So I went around with my old finger telling everyone what had happened. The new finger was just a little smaller and the old one was swelling up and getting gross. I took it to my old boss, from where I had been laid off, to show him. Then I woke up.

All the best,
Dale

Dale,
There are several symbols pointing unconscious thoughts and 'covering up' those thoughts. Your anger is mostly unconscious, or something you have yet and hopefully will not, convey consciously. Giving the 'finger' is a non verbal form of communication, symbolic of an unconscious action that has not been conveyed verbally. The problem may become you keep all this anger bottled up and without thinking let it out. The inclusion of your 'old boss' {showing him the finger} suggests there is bottled up anger, a growing pattern toward all things that you feel {at least unconsciously} have caused emotional harm to you.
But there is good news in the last dream. The new finger is shorter than the old one. That may suggest your anger is less than it was. You are not an angry person at heart but all that you have experienced recently has caused these emotional conflicts. Unconsciously you are working through these emotions and the dream is the therapeutic tool that informs you of the emotional conflicts so you become consciously aware of the anger you really have. Not knowing the depths of the anger may force you to commit angry acts that are not a part of your personality. Being aware of how deep the anger is may help you control that negative emotion and head off anything you might do.

There is the saying 'time heals old wounds'. Over time your life will improve if you focus on the positives. Not letting the deep anger take control would be the best path. Conveying your anger consciously can only make things worse.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present