Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Most terrifying dream I've ever had

I came home to my old house, probably from school. It was winter I remember. (I live in an apartment now with my mom and brother, my old house was when I lived with my dad, who was a very abusive man).

When I came home, I found two dead bodies and went into a state of shock, thinking it was my parents (my mom and her boyfriend, I don't associate with my dad anymore). There was a guy in there with a knife, he had a lot of stubble that I really noticed. He said he didn't do it, I attacked him but he escaped. There was another man in there, except he was a bit of a junkie and obviously a hobo - he escaped too. I went to a neighbour's house and asked for him to call 911 and he tried to call up a specific officer instead to respond, but the officer was busy. The dream suddenly switched to after the police came and left, I guess I blacked out or something in the dream. I found out that my dad was back and the restraining order was lifted against to only a few meters, and he was seated in a chair looking guilty for everything he's done. I yelled at him and freaked out but my mom yelled at me. She blamed me for the deaths of the two men inside the house we found, then she tried to apologize but fell asleep as she was apologizing.

There was a knock on the door and I told my mom not to get it; I checked outside first. An armed man (with a gun) walked away from our house down the street (it was still winter out). Finally we opened the door and found out we had new mail, and a female postal worker gave it to us. It was a written threat against us for me seeing the murderer, the murderer wrote it and he said he'd get my mom in the mornings while getting the paper. I felt a terrible sense of hopelessness but I looked up and saw white doves flying around. I told my mom that it was a sign of God and that's the last I remember.

The thing is I woke up more terrified from this dream that any other dream I've ever had. I feel it has deeper significant meaning than just a bad dream, so I'm posting here in hopes of that being deciphered. Thank you.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17, Canada

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Most terrifying dream I've ever had

Trevor,
The old house you came home symbolizes your unconsciously if not consciously returning to the memories/experiences of the abusive home you had when you lived with your father. The winter weather would represent the cold nature of the emotions you associate with those memories/experiences.

The dead bodies most likely represent associations you have with those persons mentioned, mother and bf. Do you have 'dead' feelings toward those relationships? The guys you discover in the house probably represent aspects of yourself, metaphorically with the symbols having some type of associations to your emotions {which somethings are personal and hard to discern by outside parties-such as the stubble}. And/or the men could be representative of how you feel toward someone, perhaps your mother's bf. The 911 call is a call for help in dealing with emotional conflicts you are having. The specific officer may represent specific structure that is lacking in your life, an example being love and acceptance from parents. Do you feel your mother is 'too busy' to provide these essential aspects of a teenager?

That specific 'officer' may have been some experience in your life you felt would provide that love and acceptance but if was not {came and left}. Perhaps a fleeting relationship with some other person who provided structure to your life. Or even an experience with drugs that seemed to help with the emotional pain but you discovered it was not the solution you need.
Blacking out may be returning to those unconscious fears you possess due to the negative experiences in your life. That fear may be your father returning to do more harm to you. You know he is guilty and that is 'sitting' in your unconscious.

Do you feel your mother blames you for the problems she has with her relationships with your dad and bf? Does she get angry and then offer 'empty' apologies. That could also be associated with her treatment toward you, her mothering an apologetic excuse that lacks real love.

The knock on the door probably represents an 'awakening' in the unconscious, again memories of past negative experiences. The armed man with a gun, that may be a sexual expression {gun is the sexual organ, the penis}. The new mail may be new fears of other emotional threats in your life. The female mail person may have personal associations but could also represent your anima or feminine aspects {emotions associated with how a woman would act or feel and usually opposite how a man would react or feel}. Do you feel a threat from someone in your life. Or is this an emotional threat, your sense of hopelessness due to the negative and abusive nature of your family life? Often the suggestions is to turn to God is moments such as these {when in fact you probably need counseling to help with the psychological affects}.

Has there been physical abuse, in particular sexual abuse towards you? Not only is that psychologically destructive but a criminal act that should not go unreported. If you were sexually abused the person who committed the 'crime' will probably do again, if not to you then to someone else. Of course this is conjecture on my part and I may be getting ahead of myself. Let me know your response to what I have provided and then we can look at the possibilities for the future, yours and those who may be 'guilty'.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

My relationship with my mom has always been good, and with her boyfriend too - I'm now in a very stable home.

No, I've never been sexually abused. My dad, however, was at times physically abusive and very often verbally abusive. Eventually when me, my mom, and my brother were leaving, he cut off all the phones in the house and began swinging a bat around and began crying, seemingly having a mental breakdown. I had to go to a neighbour's house to dial 911. My dad recently plead guilty to criminal harassment and was sentenced with 3 years probation, I'm satisfied with that. So as of now there's closure there, but thank you for showing a concern for my wellbeing.

I've always viewed the police in a positive manner throughout my life, and I felt a huge sense of gratefulness when they arrived to arrest my father and I've always looked up to them. I also do love my mom dearly.

The two dead bodies in the house also turned out to be random people (ie. not anyone specific), but in the beginning of the dream I thought it was my parents (I refer to my parents as my mom and her boyfriend, not my mom and dad). I wasn't too clear on that, I apologize.

I've almost always had a good relationship with my mother, however she used to be very mean towards me when I was a child, but she's apologized and has never done it since. She said she only acted that way because she was being abused by my father, and I forgave her.

I'm also very religious, yes.

Thank you for your prompt response. :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17, Canada

Such are the dreams of a 17 year old.
Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Trevor,

Have you shared this dream with your parents?

Some counseling could be helpful for you, to help sort out these strong feelings...to fix responsibility where it belongs...and gain a clearer perspective and sense of yourself.

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

stats from 7-14-10 to the present