Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Cave/Train/Opportunity

Myself and several others, that feel to be my siblings, are in a cavernous space with sleeping gear...pallets of blankets or sleeping bags and pillows. We are all of a grown age. The cave is large, wide and deep. The inner space is formed in a descending manner, leading into the depths of the cave. It proceeds somewhat steeply, but does not appear to be dangerous. We are all some bit spread out from one another, but not too far - perhaps several feet. We are also positioned near to the large entrance of the cave (perhaps 50 meters) such that the ample light of the entry way provides good visibility. I have some reference to my father...a fleeting image of seeing him. The scene changes and I am now seeing two mature black men in clear, early morning daylight and fresh air. They're approaching a ticket master at a train boarding station. I "feel" I am these two men. One of them is older than the other by a generation. He has graying hair. They are perhaps 55 and 35 years old. The younger man is concerned about whether or not they will be allowed to board the train. The older man signals quiet assurance. They feel well intentioned, seeking/on their way to, opportunity. They are silent as the older man hands a tattered old train ticket (as if it was in his pocket for years) to the boarding agent, who is a middle-aged white man. The ticket master approves, signaling their passage as he announces, "Animal Car #31." The two black man hurry the short distance across the field toward the freight cars, which are still coupling with the main body as the train proceeds down the track. I now feel I am the younger of the two black men, running alongside of the train, then grasping the ladder and pulling myself into the large open door on the side of the train car. Inside of the car, I see a white powdery substance that dusts the floor, and some large stacked sacks that contain the white powder.

~

I’ve recently had a work related injury that required surgery to alleviate an impinged nerve in my lumbar spine, caused by a herniated and fragmented disc. The situation, injury and workers compensation process, along with treatment from my employer, triggered a highly charged negative mother complex in me. Overall, I feel I negotiated it well, but I have more work to do, for sure. I am feeling this dream is showing how I (and varied aspects, as seen in my siblings with me in the cave) are emerging more out of this complex … a greater waking up from and movement out of this. I have felt some deflated by the whole thing, but I see the black man (men) as an emerging animus strength/energy to start fresh. I did just yesterday announce my resignation from my employer, to preclude/reduce risk of re-injury to my spine – and am beginning another job today. When visiting with my analyst yesterday, she had suggested I do a ritual powdering/dusting off of the negativity of my recent experience, as I embark on a new job – and more schooling/education in the near future.

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Cave/Train/Opportunity

The last time I was quite sick, I had a couple seemingly regressive dreams. Maybe that's part of healing. However, it seems to me like this dream is quite positive.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Cave/Train/Opportunity

Hi Sam,

I do feel the regressions are important, for they help us to pick up some pieces that have needed picking up :). Yes, the overall sense/feeling I derive from the dream is really very positive ... getting some things in my life "on track" - and the momentum of energy to do so present. It's about change/transformation. I feel that one of the themes is about personal, individual freedom (as seen in the "freedom train") - on my way to a place of discovering more of me, more autonomy.

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present