Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
The nurse & the serial killer couple who ate their children

I just put another dream up, about the gangsters stuck in the tube, but i just wanted to put this one in too (the last one i promise!) because although i write down my dreams everyday this particular one, that i had a short time ago, really sticks out in my mind...

I only feature in this dream at the very end, Until then I just seem to be looking upon the dream feeling various emotions, mostly fear at certain times.

There was a nurse and a serial killer/psychopath. The serial killer was in bed, sick, and the nurse was looking after him. The male/ serial killer was evil, and cunning, when the nurse came home he would ask her bizarre questions like 'do you have flash light glass?' Perhaps he was in bed at her house because after he asked such questions he would then sneak around the house to check if she had lied.

The nurse didn't seem to fear him though. And in fact she knew that she would be looking after him for a long, long time and that if she didn't have children with him she would probably have no other chance. So she had his children. In the dream this was seem by her suddenly coming out of the room/house with two tiny sausage dogs on a leech. They were their children. And then they grew to become large dogs.

And then the serial killer and the nurse were a real couple and they cared deeply and lovingly for their children. But it seemed that perhaps they cared too much, because they were so afraid of any harm coming to their babies. They were very overprotective parents, but then they realised this and they let go a little.

Then suddenly the children turned into green rubber chicken pieces. Something had clearly gone wrong, and the children were somehow no longer alive. The only thing that they could do now was to eat the chicken. The nurse was slightly reluctant to do this, but then she saw the serial killer already peeling off the flesh and eating the chicken. She was surprised, but not angry, after all all it was the only thing they could do. So she ate them too.

But they stayed together after that, even though their children were no more. Perhaps they tried again. They were a couple.

At some point they did a lot of self-help courses/workshops together. But one time he got so mad at her because he found papers that showed that she had done 3 Reiki courses without him. He was so upset, and at a serial killer being upset she should have been afraid (i was looking down upon the dream) but she wasnt afraid, just kind of emotionless. He was upset not because she had done the course but because she hadnt included him, he could have driven her to the course he said. They made up after that, however, and everything was ok again.

Then they went to use the internet. I was there too now, but not with them, maybe following behind or something like that. We first went to one place were the computers didn't work. I noticed it was so deep down, and if there was a fire down there, it would be dangerous. But the next place was even deeper down, and there the computers worked so we went down. The guy at the front desk above asked us to use the computers on the 30th floor, the 30th floor down. I was so afraid going so deep down, because if there was a fire that deep down i would be trapped and unable to escape, it would be so difficult clambering up the stairs with everyone else rushing to get up too. And then i felt a very strong gut feeling that there would be a fire. Should i listen to my gut i thought? Or was it just fear?

But i went down. The nurse and the serial killer were directed to 2 computers next to each other and I sat in a different part of the room. The dream ended there.

(at some point earlier in the dream, perhaps at the start, the serial killer asked the nurse what she thought of celebrities. She wanted to please him, she was the nurse, so she replied by saying that if he wanted celebrity magazines she would bring some for him. At this point i felt fear because perhaps he was testing her, and maybe if she got the test wrong he would get angry and hurt her. But she wasn't afraid. And it turned out to be ok. He just said that he hated celebrity stuff because people got so into them that they became confused about what they liked and wanted with what the celebrities liked. People didn't know what they themselves wanted anymore)

The end!

Many Thanks :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33, Egypt

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: The nurse & the serial killer couple who ate their children

Haloh,
Again there seems to be a theme of 'anti-social behavior' to this dream {psychopath}. The nurse would be that inner healing aspect within yourself. The dream phrase 'he was in bed at her house would suggest this 'masculine' aspect is a part of you. Also because you are looking upon the dream and not actually in it until the last also suggests this is about personal qualities you possess. Any 'lying' {not be truthful} would be with yourself.

The children may suggest there some aspect within you that needs nurturing so you can 'grow' personally. That aspect could have to do with masculine aspects since it takes both male and female to produce this needed quality {children as a metaphor for those qualities}. The children becoming large dogs may suggest this aspect that needs to grow is becoming more a conflict, one that is big in your waking life. The dogs could be your animal nature and the conflict would that aspect opposed to who you really are.

If you are lacking these masculine qualities you may feel weak or you are looked upon as weak {chicken}. Or there is a lack of will power {a masculine trait}. There is a need to 'consume' {eat} this aspect so it no longer is a conflict. This goes against who you are but you have to accept it nether the less.

The anger displayed by the masculine aspect about the 'Reiki' courses may be addressing actual masculine relationships.

Note: This is an aspect about dreams that is often hard to define. The inclusion of masculine aspects in a dream can at one moment be addressing animus aspects and then suddenly change and begin to address actual male relationships. But it could do both, addressing actual male relationships while at the same time be focusing on the 'inner' masculine qualities.

The internet and computer may represent a 'communication' with a wider network of people, or if an inner quality with yourself. My sense is you may be engaged in what some would consider dangerous. Culturally, and one needs to consider cultural aspects of the dreamer when analyzing a dream, there may be a conflict of your spiritual beliefs or investigation of other beliefs {Reiki}, a danger in doing that. The fire deep down is the fire 'within you', deep down, something that is the true self. The fear is if you listen to that 'true self' {gut feelings} it will cause conflicts in your life.

The internet is communication with a larger part of who you are, and/or someone who is a larger part of your life. A computer is new technology and if the opposing aspects sit down together it may suggest a compromise. But since 'you' are sitting in a different part of the room it may suggest there is a divide between two aspects in your life. This could be an inner aspect, a cultural aspect and/or a personal aspect with another person or persons {masculine i nature}. And the Reiki. Is this something you have explored that may not be acceptable to others in your waking life {the cultural and/or personal aspect having to do with Islam being that patriarchal aspect that can not accept any other spiritual concepts}.

How would the above fit with your waking life {assuming of course that it does}. This dream and the previous dream post seem to be addressing the similar conflicts in your life. My sense it may have to do with an actual person as well as with those inner qualities you possess. And the cultural aspect must be consider since you do live in a country that is so predominately patriarchal Islam} and there is an expectation of complying with those spiritual concepts and no other.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: The nurse & the serial killer couple who ate their children

You are totally right about the cultural side of things. I don't practice Reiki, but as my previous reply states i am very deeply involved in my meditation practice, and totally dedicated to it. It hurts me greatly that i have to constantly lie to my parents about what i am in india or nepal doing, as they would certainly not understand my spiritual beliefs. I cannot stand to lie to people, and to need to lie to my own parents causes me great, great distress, but i see no other way, as they have made it very clear that they would never support me concerning this. I am totally torn in this respect. I always have to lie to them about almost everything that i do in fact, that has always been the way, otherwise they would only disapprove. They are immensely controlling and conservative people, though i certainly do not blame them, for it is to be expected when they have grown up in Egypt under that same structure. (We certainly do not have a close or connected relationship, however as a result.)

I have made life extremely difficult for my parents in terms of the lifestyle that i have chosen. I am totally free and independent and refuse to be held back by any of their expectations of me. I do what i want, and always have. I just have always been too curious about life to be held back by them. Ive always needed to find my own truth. Though this causes me feelings of guilt and pain, as i know it hurts them a lot. But what can i do? I don't know how to resolve this problem within myself.

Would the danger you refer to be danger in terms of the danger i spoke about in my last post, about getting in too deeply in my own mind perhaps, for fear of never making it out again?

The interesting thing to me is this though.. I only happen to be in Egypt now, by chance, i grew up in the UK, and i left the UK 7 years ago. However my life in the UK was strongly, and quite distressingly influenced by my muslim, egyptian background, as i have mentioned. I have spent the past 3 years in india and nepal. And i only just flew into Cairo a couple of weeks ago (and i leave soon). But it is very very clear to me that this in no coincidence, for if i was in another place i certainly would have made no reference to my background, and so you would not have analysed my dream in light of its cultural significance, which i believe is totally on the mark.

The male aspect would probably not be to do with an actual relationship since i have been to focused on my meditation in the last years to involve myself in relationships. I wonder if the internet, if being a sign of communication might point to this. Because i have spent, and do spend most of my time (in the last few years) alone and in silence i have been unable to form lasting relationships on a romantic, but also on a friendship level with anyone at all (plus i am constantly moving about from one place to the next).

I am a little saddened by all this though, because i knew it, but i had thought that i was over it all, i did not think there was such a large part of me that still feels so 'anti-social' and that feels like it needs to fit in. How do i resolve this? It has been so many years, and i still cant seem to get over the controlling hold my parents had on me while growing up (and still do though i am now so far away from them). I just want to enjoy being free and doing what makes me happy! (which according to my dreams i cant seem to be able to do..)

Also in terms of the masculine side of my personality, i very much feel like i am lacking in much strength & will power, and i hate to see myself as weak, though often that is just the way i am, though i certainly wish it was not this way.

Many Thanks! :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33, Cairo

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present