Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
wont stop raining

I apologize for typos. Im in a bit of a hurry.
it was the saddest dream Ive ever head in one of those beautifully poetic ways.

I was a servant of some Braham. I was facing a Hindu god floating on a Lotus.

I was angry because he woke me up when it was still cold ( apparently i slept through the winter and woke in the spring)
He apologized and explained that it was pouring rain and hadnt stopped in weeks.
It wast threatening to drown the world and he needed to send soemone outside to investigate. I was the only one who could do it-I was standing on top of the water, hence I wouldnt drown if I went out.

I went out and it was..so depressing (anyone remember the swamp in Never ending story 2? ) Even though I didnt sink at all, the misery of the rain and gray sky really got to me and I eventually just passed out.

I woke up in a warm shrine, my best friend had found me. He was my opposite, 'working' during the winter but rather than sleeping he became human during the spring. He was also very..happy and ..'sunny'

I explained why I was outside and said
" Honestly, the world can drown for all I care. Its cold, and filthy. I just want to go back to sleep."

He smiled stupidly at me. "Is it really so bad" I just rolled my eyes, but inwardly thought 'No, not as long as your here with

He traveled with me and I was fine but after a while the misery got to him and he started to go insane and I was alone , trying to drag hi along with me. I didnt understand I had always thought that was stronger than me. The Brahman showed up
" Your in distress what is the matter?"
" I just wanna go back to sleep"
I whined at him. He ignored it just telling me that my friend had been overcome with madness of that never ending rain, that I could save him if i stopped my journey but that I wasn't allowed to. I tolled him the world wasnt worth saving and turned around to go back to save my friend but on the way he really started to lose it and tried to pull away from me, kicking and biting.
I shook him violently yelling at him not to leave me alone and in the process smacked his head on a rock and killed him. It ended with myself just standing waist-deep in freezing water just crying over my friend repeating " I just want to go back to sleep" while the water kept rising.

My biggest confusion by this dream was why my 'friend' went nuts but I didnt. One of the major underlying themes was that I admired him because I thought he was so much stronger than me.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 seattle

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: wont stop raining

Kaze,
I will provide my thoughts later today or Sunday morning. The social dragon needs to be fed this morning and my time is up {working with dreams}. Time is so short it seems when you wish to work with those things you love most. At least for now.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Take your time. I havent been around much myself, and social life is a good thing to have after all.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} seattle

Kaze,
Remember, these symbolic reference to people are most likely aspects of yourself. The friend that went nuts is you. But there is that other you who did not go 'nuts'. My sense is the dream is addressing the two aspects of who you are. On one hand there is gloom and doom but on the other the 'sunny' side. There is a strong side but also that weak side. These are the two conflicting aspects.

Are you that type person. One day all sad and depressed and other days a smiling, positive person? 'It won't stop raining' suggests to me there are forces that do cause depressed feelings. I get the impression it can be resolved not by self examination alone but also a need for a stabilizing medication. That thought for some reason came to me.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

No, I'm actually not like that at all. I do tend to tell everyone ' I'm good/fine' when I am not maybe that could be part of the discrepancy.

I've actually seen a few psychologists when I was a little and one more recently. I got a hold of his report and aside from a 'trust' and 'adjustment' issues there is nothing seriously wrong with me and no need for medication.

Is there any other explanation that comes to mind? Or should I just list this as an unsolved mystery?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 27 Seattle

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Kaze,
Saying you fine when you are not really are conflicting aspects. That would explain the opposites I mentioned in my interpretation. And the 'adjustments' and trust, what are those about. Perhaps you need a deeper examination of self. Seeing a psychologist suggests you had reason to believe there were strong issues that needed help to begin with.

Jerry [meditation]

The never ending rain reminds me of the wasteland of the grail legends, where there is this desolate soul landscape. In the legend only a young fool can return the wasteland to its healthy natural state, Parsifal (meaning young fool). The Brahman may be a powerful natural aspect of yourself outside of your current ego identity, the aspect that disregards the emotional desolation, lives outside of that dominion. This instinct attempts to affect and depotentialize the wasteland, by endowing you with the ability to walk above the water. Aside from incorporating into your identity some of the natural positive aspects of your being, the only other way to deal with the wasteland is to be unconscious of it, i.e. "go back to sleep". But we know that even when we sleep we begin to live and dream.
Your friend is also a representative of that natural healthy part of yourself, yet unlike the God, his power is merely human and so he's susseptible to being crushed by the tyranny of the emotional wasteland. It appears to me that this positive aspect of yourself is eventually driven crazy because of the sheer persistance and magnitude of the frozen barren water moodscape. It suggests that an emotion has become a dominant aspect of your waking consciousness and plays a role in many aspects of its functioning. When a mood or an emotion dictates an entire landscape and opresses compensating emotions, that landscape is unnaturally exaggerated. It is the function of that aspect of yourself, your friend, to be a vessel for those positive aspects of yourself to show through, to be projected, eventually to be incorporated into the natural array of emotions and abilities of your own ego consciousness.
Hopefully these ideas have some accuracy with how you feel about your dreams and life. Jerry has always said that dreams have a natural theraputic intention and seek to inform us of unnatural prejudices our consciousness may have adopted, in order to restore us to a natural healthy emotional balance.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33 Missoula MT

stats from 7-14-10 to the present