Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Why am I even trying? Backflip...fail!

I'm in my room. There is no furniture in the room other than a chair and a bed. I'm sitting on the chair and walk over to my bed. I stand up on the bed and start jumping on it. I attempt to do a backflip. I don't rotate enough and fall flat onto my stomach. I start laughing. I get up and continue to jump on the bed. I attempt another backflip. I over rotate this time and fall on my butt. I get up and continue to jump on the bed again. My cell phone goes off but I ignore the call. I start to do 180 degree spins while jumping. I attempt to do another backflip. I over rotate but this time I slip off the bed.

I believe that this dream may have to do with continuing to achieve a goal but I'm open all interpretations.

Thank's for any responses. They will help greatly

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20, Las Vegas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Why am I even trying? Backflip...fail!

Jon,
Two possibilities to the dream that may be relevant. The back flips may suggest you are 'going backwards' in some aspect of your waking life. You keep falling off track, coming up short. There is a lack of good rotation to this desire to go 'forwards'. This may suggest there is something that is holding you back.

Because these 'back flips' are performed on your bed may suggest 'unconscious' aspects. From the MDS Dream Dictionary:

Bed
- A bridge between your conscious and unconscious self. May symbolize a need to investigate, or acknowledge those aspects that have not be previously attended to.

The back flips may represent not only a lack of forward progress but also an unconscious reason for a lack of progress. That could be associated to emotional aspects. 'Looking back' at your life are there reasons that may be at least partially responsible for this lack of progress? Coming from a home where there was a lack of good parental love and acceptance, or coming from a home where there were a lack of the necessities such as poverty? Or physical or psychological abuse. Something may be holding you back. What could that be?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Why am I even trying? Backflip...fail!

I actually thought of something similar. I am over and under compensating in my flips which led me to think maybe I am putting to much time and effort in one part of my life while not putting enough effort into another.

Also the lack of progress part also seems to be able to fit in life pretty well. I have to think about this.

Man, you're good! THank you for your reply!

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20, Las Vegas

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

stats from 7-14-10 to the present