Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dream about someone trying to run me over

had a bad dream last night and don't know what to make of it.

I was walking around in the city that I was born in [and I don't do that in RL - except to visit one dr. I have who is in that city]. Anyway, there was a man in the same building as me and he had his car in the building [yea, ok, I know - it is a dream!] and he proceeded to get in his car and try to run me over with it! So, I called 911 on my cell and got the police and then after that, the man stopped trying to run me over. Well, I kept talking with the police after that about what street I was on and what parts of the city were better than others, etc. and before I knew it, they hung up on me!

I decided to stay in the city for a while and walk to a different part and hang out. It was very late by that point [almost 3 a.m.] and I knew DH would be FURIOUS that I was out that late [I'm never out that late!]. Low and behold, I found him visiting in the same city. I figured he would be sleeping at home.

It was so real that I woke up and was GLAD that I was in bed!

OK....so any thoughts as to how to dream may relate to my real life or what the dream may mean?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42, NJ

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Dream about someone trying to run me over

Rae,
I'm giving this interpretation while I have bad head cold and it may affect my intuitive senses. I use these senses when working with dreams and they serve me well. Let's see what I can come up with that fits your waking life.

Dreams use symbols and metaphor as its language {and sometimes literal people if they are close to you emotionally}. The city would be you, your whole life/psyche/emotional aspects. The city you were born in may suggest exploring earlier life experiences {even as a child, infant/where you were born}. Walking around in 'that' city probably suggests you are exploring those inner emotions.

The man could represent three possibilities. One would be someone in earlier life who 'tried run over you' emotionally. If it is from childhood it would be addressing emotional issues that period of time remain unresolved. If in the present {this is where you have to decide which fits} the it would represent a man who is emotionally trying to control or hurt you.

Calling 911 represents calling for help. The police may be your better senses or higher authority {what is the first thing you think of when you think of the police?}. This may suggest you have used your better senses, unconsciously, to stop the emotional pain this person has caused you. Perhaps you have blocked out these negative emotional experiences or try not to think about them. You are focusing on the present day and the 'better' times {since you do not think about these emotions}.

Dh, if someone close, would probably represent himself. He is sharing these same experiences which may suggest he is trying to help you resolve them. Or he could be in the same 'car', past emotional issues as a child or earlier in life. His not being FURIOUS may suggest this is something that is opposite what he would usually do. Perhaps he has opened up to you about his own experiences. Or he is accepting of your emotional issues when you thought he would not be.

Another possibility is the man represents your masculine aspects. If this is the case you are 'running over yourself' emotionally. Since we usually think of the police as males if may suggest you need to get a grip on your emotions. When you are able to do this the emotional pain goes away. At least temporarily. You are less furious with yourself when you do not let these emotions control you.

The third possibility and a real one is bot of the above apply. Is there past painful emotional experiences {especially during childhood or early teens} involving a particular man? The second suggestion would be how you handle the emotions associated with the painful experiences. Look at your life and determine which may fit best. As I stated earlier my intuitive mind is lacking {I am having difficulty staying focused even as I type} but i believe I have covered the best possibilities. The understanding of dreams is no longer a great mystery as they were once were since Carl Jung provided an outline of how dreams function. The intuitive aspect on my part comes from the experience of working with dreams and developing those senses, a 'feminine quality' we all possess to some degree.

Let me know what you come up with and perhaps we will be better able to understand this 'man' who is trying to run over you.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Dream about someone trying to run me over

Sorry for the huge delay in responding.

I have thought about it, and I think it is probably someone from my childhood who was controlling/emotionally abusive.
The issue hasn't really been "resolved," per se, other than now I am an adult so I don't have to put up with it any longer.

Haven't had any more dreams like this since this dream [thank goodness!].

I think that is the theory that fits best.

Thanks for your interpretations. All very helpful and insightful.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 42, NJ

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

stats from 7-14-10 to the present