Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Meeting Osiris in dreams

What does it mean to meet Osiris in a dream....? He told me my purpose was to carry his mortal children...be a BROOD MARE...

i have NO kids...don't want any....like ém just don't want them.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38 Switzerland

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? no

Re: Meeting Osiris in dreams

Hi Mary,

first of all: is Mary your real name? Because then you might even consider 'brood mare' to be 'brood mary'.

Did some searching and found that Osiris is said to be:
God of the Corn
Leader/god of the underworld
About the way from the darkness into the light
Rebirth...like the cicle from seed to corn to harvest...year after year after year...

Áccording to your dream-Osiris your purpose is to carry his mortal children. At first this felt a bit strange to me since Osiris has to do with rebirth. He is said to have taken for the souls of the dead in the underworld.

I started questioning myself:
What exactly is the underworld? Could it be a symbol for the world we're living on? Osiris is about rebirth. If you would place your own name in 'brood mare'...make it 'brood mary'...with some fantasy (though without making fun of your dream) 'brood mary' could be about the rebirth of your Self...the one you really are deep inside.
Your purpose then, to carry his mortal children...seems to be about 'taking care of'.
Mortal, but not yet dead. Osiris taking care of the souls of the dead. Mortal is still living...but will die one day.

The dreamer could try to replace him- or herself in every thing/one that/who shows up in a dream. So you could replace yourself in Osiris. What Osiris is saying in your dream comes from your own unconscious.
Osiris...you yourself...on your way from the darkness into the light...rebirth. Mortal children, i think, could be replaced by the symbol of the corn...
Like Osiris was god of the corn, you are 'god' (leader or whatever you like to call it...in charge of?) of your own corn...your own children. Maybe it's about 'live and let die'...about letting go...maybe it's about trying to find out what things in life (or about yourself) are really important to you and what things aren't (things in life or maybe even more things in yourself). And then, by taking care of your own/inner 'mortal' children you would be on the path of breeding Mary...your Self.

Hope it did make any sense...

Greetings,
Mask

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Meeting Osiris in dreams

THANK YOU!!! this makes a lot of sense...yes, my name is Mary soooo...

i have been really focusing on my own awareness and consciousness...reading a TON and then reflecting a lot so i MUST thank you for your interpretation...seems spot on!

^_^

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 38 Switzerland

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present