Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Extra body parts recurring theme in dreams

Ever since I was a child I had this strange fear yet fascination with extra body parts/conjoinments (like two heads, 4 arms etc..) when it appeared on television anywhere I would have a strange reaction to it for as long as I can remember.

My first dream with that subject that I can remember probably dates back to about the age of 10 I'm guessing though the odd connection with the subject dates back to even before i was 5 years old. Last night I had one dream relating to it which determined my decision to post it here for guidance. I will give two of the recent ones.

In the first which was two months ago: I am in an old art deco building resembling the empire state building. I am in a room gilded in gold patterns and there is a large business man who sits in a large leather armchair. When I see him I feel a huge amount of thrill and strength with a bit of assurance. We begin to speak of some type of business proposal and I realize I do not really like the idea. I then suggest something which I cannot remember. His expression changes and I no longer feel the assurance. He says that may cause a "problem like them" and he points at these golden doors. And through the doors two girls (in one body) walk in. They have one body with three legs and two heads and a corresponding arm for for each head (two arms in all like a normal person) and three breasts ( I guess due to the widened body). They walk in wearing an old golden dress. They both have an excessive amount of make up and have their hair done. They walk in distress and embarrassment. I feel bad for them and decide to leave them man for them. I greet them both by kissing their hands (both to treat them as individuals). We walk away. Suddenly we are in a bridge in what seems to be industrial age London (I aspire to study art there in real life). I am wearing a suit with a top hat. The bridge seems to be in construction so we are at the ledges of one of the ends. We are talking and they tell me about how no one likes them and sees them as a problem due to their odd condition. I actually feel attracted to them and comfort them by saying that they will be good and become powerful and famous one day and that people will come to them and look for them and love them

(Those two girls appeared in a brief half asleep/half awake hallucination before this dreamwhere all I could ask was their names.They were closer merged this time and had two breasts and two legs, so it was basically a normal body with two heads. The one on the right (left when facing me) is Celinda which has a more powerful, feisty, aggressive, sexual, proactive, outgoing personality. On the other end is Cynthia who is quite the opposite. She is introverted, shy, childlike, innocent, cuter, passive. Though they both are identical, Cynthia has a more innocent beauty, while Celinda has more "hot" erotic beauty)

Second dream from last night:
I am in a room and there is girl on the floor. This time it is one girl but with three legs (therefore two vaginas). She is completely naked. This one may be a bit disturbing to few... I decide to have sex with her but on the left side. This kid from school who was my friend once but we got into an argument was behind me. I kept telling him to take the other side but he kept refusing. She seemed pleasured however distressed and confused.
(on a side note this may be important, the kid from school is extremely rational, militant atheist, and communist. He is a materialist and smokes a lot of weed.)

I am sorry if I may have offended anyone with the nature of this dream. This is something that has been a part of me for a very long time and I am seeking explanation for. It has often crossed over into my sexual side and become a strange fetish at times. It often makes me afraid yet I try to embrace it. Thank you for your help in advance.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17 Miami, FL, US

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Extra body parts recurring theme in dreams

Eddy,
I will use the same response as I gave Aleah. Please give me a few days to look over it.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you. will patiently wait

Eddy,
First off let me say there may have been recent waking experiences that have influenced your dreams, a usual thing with dreams of young people. But I see something much deeper and I will focus on that aspect since it is most likely more relevant.

I sense your dreams are reflecting an 'advanced' psyche dedicated to the creative self, something few people have the privilege of experiencing at such an early age. Your aspirations to study art are probably at the center of why you have these dreams, reflecting your soul's desire to focus on the creative aspect of the psyche. Being so I can direct you to Joseph Campbell and his 'famous' proverb, 'follow your bliss'. Instead of focusing on making money and the material world the inner resources are focused on creativity. Yours is in art. The creative self is a way to express yourself, the deeper self and true self, as opposed to the ego centered life most people focus on.

The dreams.
The first dream. The old 'art' deco building is you. I sense this reflects a connection to the deeper self that so few reach, at anytime in their life. Again the creative aspects. This is a huge part of who you are {empire state building}. Your inner life is dedicated to the true self {golden patterns} but there is that always constant presence of 'social order', the outer world trying to take your focus away from the creative and put it on making money instead {business man with his proposal. Society often offers what seems to be truthful and honest proposals when in fact most often they are merely a disguise for outer rewards that are counter to those inner rewards you seek {making money instead of fulfilling the soul}.

Your dream encounter with society {the man} has one positive objective though. It points you to those 'golden doors', the true aspirations you seek. This is reflective of your waking self, what all dreams are about. Those golden doors lead you to the creative self, a feminine aspect of the psyche. There are two aspects to the feminine self. One is the body, sex and love, the other the deeper aspects, spirituality and creativity. Wearing of the 'old golden dress' is the more important aspect for you.

Note: it may be your fascination of 'extra body parts' has to do with the
natural creativity mechanism you possess. An artist sees beyond just what is before him/her. An artist has the ability to frame an emotional sense to his/her art, adding additional parts to the art piece so to accentuate what the 'inner eyes' see onto the art canvass. You have possessed this ability all your life, thus the early fascination in your life.

You leave the 'man' for the feminine {in distress because of what society wishes to dictate}. The bridge under construction is your plans for your future in art. You have accepted the 'call'. You are 'following your bliss'.

The second dream. This is about the two feminine aspects. The two vaginas, one the penetration for the body, the other for the soul. There is the desire to be exposed to both {being a male sex is a natural thing}. Two heads, two aspects of thinking. But your primary focus is on the creative {the left side is the path to adventure, the right what society dictates}. You often have to lose all objectivity when it comes to creativity and simply let the juices flow. You can not conform to an agenda that is focused on materialism {your school friend}. Yet there are aspects about this friend that probably do fit. Smoking pot usually signifies 'letting go'. But you can do that naturally by indulging in your 'blissful adventures' in art. His atheism may be addressing the anti-religious nature that society places on us in favor of the natural aspect of spirituality that has little to do with religion and everything to do with the 'natural' aspects of being a part of the cosmos. We are a part of nature, not separate from it {Carl Jung believed we all possess a spiritual aspect just as well possess a masculine/feminine and Shadow aspects}.
You are pleasuring the creative side of yourself but that leaves a confused objective self that is more centered on the materials world {except for those who accept the call to adventure, and creativity}.

As I stated in the beginning, there are most likely recent waking experiences that have influenced these dreams and those aspects are being addressed also {dreams are therapeutic for the mind just as the body has its immune system}. Those aspects are personal and only you can discern the relevance. But I do believe the primary focus is an inner one, about the creative desire to focus on your desire to be an artist. You are fortunate to have realized early in life those creative aspects. Most people, if ever, have to wait until mid-life to realize that most important aspect of all. Like myself, at age 42, discovering Joseph Campbell and beginning my long journey to this present day and working with dreams. That is my bliss. And we know what your is.
'Follow your bliss', and you will come to bliss.

Jerry

Wow thank you! I am very impressed at how well you interpreted that. Lately its been a battle between myself and the world around me. I feel like I am very dissociated and disconnected because of my childhood. You are right that I must embrace my spiritual and creative side. I suffer from a lot of anxiety and feelings of emptiness that keep me from doing my art sometimes? Could there be a split inside me? Many thanks once again :D

Eddy,
So many times our disconnections are related to childhood. Most often when we begin to look for underlying reasons for emotional conflicts in life, we merely need to look to childhood for answers. Even the greatest of creative minds had their tormented conflicts. And an inability to overcome those conflicts often led to destructive if not deadly behavior. Both were probably related to early life experiences that were imprinted on their psyche. Such early life imprintations are often unconscious stimuli and manifest themselves later in life. That is why I think it so important to recognize the need for a good psychological evaluation of oneself. And a need to learn how to discipline oneself so not to give in to the unconscious torments. Embracing your spiritual, and creative self, is one tool for doing that. And realizing that it is a disciplined life that provides the strength to overcome the internal conflicts. Disciplined in mind, body and spirit.

Jerry

Thank you once again for your advice. I will try my hardest to discipline myself and find out new ways to control myself. What is an effective way to find out what it is in my unconscious?

Eddy,
Follow your bliss and don't let the 'social dragons' lure you away from those intended goals of your art education. The fiery dragons of myth are metaphor for the forces of the material/ego world that want to take you off your path.
'If you do it for money, you are off your path. If you do it because it is what you love doing you will always have what you need to reach those goals' {Joseph Campbell}.
This requires discipline and the one thing that takes you away from your path is lack of of. The hero/heroine of myth is brave but more than that they have discipline. That is the one important ingredient to a blissful life.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present