Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Interpretations for Those Who have Posted Recent Dreams

I will do my best to catch up on those newly posted dreams later today. I am fighting a head cold and have to put some time with my 'day job' this morning. I appreciate your patience.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Interpretations for Those Who have Posted Recent Dreams

My apologies for not getting to the posts. I have been suffering from the flu {which I thought was a bad head cold} since Sunday and just have not had the mental strength to focus. I should be able to return to some normalcy on Friday. Thanks for your patience.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Take care of yourself Jerry, there's plenty of time :)

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 70 - Aotearoa/New Zealand

Thanks to all for the encouraging words. I'll slowly tackled the back log of dreams beginning this morning and try to catch up by the end of the weekend. I am not 100% but do feel much better. The longer dreams I will leave to last so I can have more time to fully recover {long dreams take more time to interpret, of course}. It is going to be a rainy week end {like last weekend when lightening struck my computer and fried it} and that usually lends itself to a better concentration on intuitive matters.

It has been a rough week but I am finally feeling better. Not only have I had the flu I have had to do business as usually with my work schedule which made my recovery even slower than normal. Plus not being able to go to the gym {once in the past week and that was on Thursday} has driven the stress level up, which also slowed a recovery. I have a very strong immune system but the one variable that takes a toll is stress. Business has been great {at least my cats are eating well} but that requires a lot out of me mentally. Instead of being able to focus on my intuitive senses and my dream work I have had to put my energies toward the business. In this day and time, with the economy in the shape it is in, if you are not on top of things you lose. After 32 years of doing business I have learned how to focus on that, thus a better rate of success. But that takes away from my 'dream time'. Of course business is good not by luck but because I do have the experience, and one secret that too many of my competitors either lack or ignore. Doing what is right, caring about those I do business with. Putting great effort into the WWJD/WWBD-Jesus/Buddha thing and not just talking about it.

That my friends is the spiritual aspect of Jungian psyche. Not a religious thing, I gave up on religion many years ago. But what is right. My reputation and service to what I do has paid dividends in this recession. I live not by religious dictate but the simple rules of natural law {something Campbell and Jung espoused}. What goes around comes around. Its that simple and my experience in life {as Campbell once stated, "I don't need faith, I have experience"} is such natural laws work. It is an integral part of the 'hero journey', the ultimate goal discovering the 'Holy Grail'. And as one who lives by, and understands, the metaphorical reference of the holy grail, the ultimate goal in life is to live from the spiritual aspect and not the ego centered life of material worth and self centeredness.
"Luke, let go, use the Force"
The equivalent of 'let go and let God'. Of course the god I believe in is not outside me but 'within'.

One more thing since we are on the subject of spirituality and before I tackle another dream. I read an article this past week 'Research shows young adults less devoted to faith'. Tat is not surprising because young adults of today are more self centered and religion offers little help with the realities in the 21st century. But I see this as a good thing, if we can harness these developing psyches and turn them on to 'true spirituality'. Instead of faith there needs to be actions, the WWJD thing. I see my role, when I am able to give 100% of my time to the effort, as helping do just that. The spirituality that Joseph Campbell talks about, from the soul. No politics, no dogma that is meant to enrich the patriarchal greed of religion, but a desire to serve one another. Giving and not taking. As this century unfolds either this true spirituality will succeed or the 'corporate' dragon of greed and ego that is so prevalent today will devour us all. The later has the upper hand but there is hope. On hero at a time, doing what is right for all things earthly.
And oh yes. The one variable that can, and realistically may, alter all of the above is the natural disasters like that in the Gulf of Mexico {oil spill}. That and the damage we are doing to the planet can end all life on earth as we know it by the end of this century. Sounds alarmist I know. But this oil spill demonstrates the total lack of concern by the powers to be toward our planet. Unbridled capitalism is a moniker for greed and narcissism, the prevalent model of how the world thinks.
It may be too late already.

But I say that with a smile because I am positive about one thing. The suffering here on earth is but an experience for the soul. The soul survives death no matter your religion. My philosophy leans toward the East. Things only get better the next time around. What/where ever that might be.

I am back. A little reaching and hopefully some 'thoughtful' insights to the dream world.

Jerry

Glad you are getting better - me too! Sounds like you got the same bug as me. Did you forget to update your antivirus checker ...

I wonder if we can transmit infections via the collective unconscious? There's a scary thought

On what you have been saying about spirituality I entirely agree. The world is changing, I can feel it and I absolutely do NOT think it's too late. I love a story told about Shunryu Susuki (who was roshi of the San Francisco Zen Center). A student asked him tearfully what was to be done about the horrors in our world, to which he replied "Just shine your corner of the world!" It's really all we can do, and it's as you do in your business.

GO JERRY!!

I hope posting responses here is not discouraged, but I found the topic of 'true spirituality' very interesting.

I've always considered myself more Nihilistic than anything ( I do not at all considerate it a negative thing. To me it makes sense and is, in maybe a 'bizzarre' way life/self affirming, and eve ncomforting.
Recently, due to the...'depth' I guess, of my dreams-which show a level of wisdom far beyond what I could hope to grasp in the waking world-as well as what seems to be an above average level of 'clairvoyance' while I am conscious, I have started to wonder about the idea that 'God' is within ourselves, aka the 'spirit' and have been curios as to how I can learn to ..'channel' this better.
Don't misunderstand, I do not believe in 'magic' or anything so whimsical, but it would be such a waste to ignore the potential of my mind.
I'm not very intelligent, and I am certainty not physically strong.
I truly believe I have just gotten by on sheer will alone. I wonder what I could accomplish if I could bring out this 'inner wisdom' into the waking world, for personal growth, and as a greater means to make it through the obstacles of this life.

However I am very weary of where, what, and whom, I should study to find out more because while there is a lot out there, I don't must of it to be credible.

Is there anyone, any place, you can think of that would be helpful? As trite as it sounds, I'm dealing with a lot right now and I could use of some of this wisdom ASAP. THank you.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 26 seattle

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Kaze
However I am very weary of where, what, and whom, I should study to find out more because while there is a lot out there, I don't must of it to be credible.

Is there anyone, any place, you can think of that would be helpful? As trite as it sounds, I'm dealing with a lot right now and I could use of some of this wisdom ASAP. THank you.

Hi Kaze

You are right to be wary and there is nothing wrong with that.

There is an old saying from the East that I have found to be true over and over again. It is "When the student is ready, the teacher appears." You have to be ready and although you need to keep your wariness, which really means keeping a critical mind, you also need to keep your mind wide open because teachers can appear in very surprising shapes and forms! It is hard to be both skeptical and open.

If you want to talk to me, I am willing to listen. I can't promise wisdom, but I've kicked around this world for seventy years. If you want to do that we can do it off list if you want, but not for dream interpretation, that's Jerry's skill and not mine!

Kaze,
I suggest you take David's offer. His experience translates into great wisdom and there is no substitute for experience. You can determine his wisdom from his posts. I have no doubt he will be of great assistance.

David,
I am finally feeling much better this morning. But that may be the least of my worries. I must admit I am weary of the weather, all the rain and storms. Saturday a week ago lightening struck and fried my computer. Yesterday {Saturday} it struck again and fried my cable box, if not my television {won't know until I get a new cable box}. Have I made the gods angry. Or is it my son's house {I am renting it while he basks in sunny Florida} a lightening magnet? Since I don't believe in a 'literal' god it must be the later. Curse the gods and unplug the appliances.

Jerry

Jerry.
I read about the floods in Tennessee it certainly does sound as if your weather has been appalling, but I wouldn't take it personally!

Glad you're feeling better, I am recovering a little more slowly, my older bones don't bounce back like they used.

I don't know about making the gods angry. I have wondered on several occasions whether the collective unconscious actually materialises in our "real" world sometimes. I am fairly sure (looking back) my anima materialised once in my life many years ago. It was, as you can imagine, difficult

Also, I have occasionally made a sacrifice to appease the gods. They seem to like oranges and chocolate! I just put them out with some wild flowers, a small candle for light maybe. Whatever feels right to me. The intention is everything it seems.

The world is waking up, I can feel it. We have foolishly and unknowingly started to worship the old dark gods (greed, war, narcissism, etc) and if we worship them, they will awaken, I believe. We mess with the old gods at our peril. They are beautiful and powerful beyond imagining.

ROTFL ... "Curse the gods and unplug the appliances." I feel a t-shirt coming on Jerry.

David,
I agree with your thoughts about the unconscious materializing in the waking world. There have been many instances recently when unconscious thoughts seem to have manifest themselves into real waking life experiences. Not so much in line with Jung's synchronicity but seemingly related events that were mere thoughts prior to their occurring. I guess the message is 'be careful of what you think' or they may actually become reality. Especially for someone like you and me who dare delve deep into the unconscious psyche. I do remember Campbell giving a warning about such 'psyche' adventures and the danger involved. But that is the cost of journeying into the dark world of the unconscious.
Neither-the-less I am convinced the positives greatly outweigh the negatives. Experience has proven that.

Jerry

That's interesting Jerry. Can you remember where Joseph Campbell talked about that?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 70, Aotearoa/New Zealand

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

David,
Exactly when I heard Campbell make that statement I can't remember. I believe it was in his interviews with Bill Moyers in The Power of Myth but don't hold me to that. It could have been in one of the numerous interviews of Campbell I have on audio cassette, including those with Michael Toms of New Dimensions radio {The Wisdom of Joseph Campbell}. During the mid to late 1990s the first recordings of these interviews were on the shelves of most major bookstores and I bought all that were available. I must have listened to those interviews many, many times trying to get to the depths of Campbell's soul. Toms did a great service in his interviews, exposing the real man that Campbell was.
{one small detail I remember from the conversations was Campbell opposed to trade unions. His reason had to with his wife's profession in dance and the union's position on some related event that Campbell opposed. I believe Campbell was non-political but when it came to personal experiences he did tend to take sides}

Jerry

Thanks Jerry.

I'll check it out.

-------------------

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 70, Aotearoa/New Zealand

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} M

stats from 7-14-10 to the present