Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
I don't want to fight you, dad!

I'm in my home in my living room upstairs. I am sitting on the couch and feel quite relaxed. My parents come home and walk upstairs. My dad starts to argue with me about something but I am confused as to what he is saying. He starts yelling at me in Korean but I am still having a hard time understanding him. I am trying to ignore him but he starts to get hostile towards me. I stand up and walk towards the wall. I look towards my dad and he has his hands in fists and walks towards me. I start yelling at him in Korean, "You want to mess with me? I'll finish this right here" I get right in his face and try to provoke him to strike me. I start screaming something at him. He backs down and takes a few steps back. He starts walking towards me again and again I get in his face and start screaming at him. He backs down again. My mom is in the corner of the room with no expression on her face and is saying nothing.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 20, Las Vegas

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: I don't want to fight you, dad!

Jon,
Dreams of a young adult your age will usually reflect the conscious waking life experiences and be less symbolic than an older person's dreams. Such dreams are usually more difficult to interpret. But your dream probably reflects actual feelings you sometimes feel toward your dad? I sense is the dream is merely reflecting unconscious if not conscious emotions about your dad. Do you actually have such confrontations with your father? Or think about it? Do you feel he is too intrusive into how you live your life? Being Korean, and especially if he immigrated from Korea, the cultural difference would likely be reflected in your upbringing in American society and his in Korean culture. There is a barrier {walk towards the wall} you have put up between you and him. Your mother, as would be the Korean tradition, sits in the corner and says nothing.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present