Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A cave in the desert

The dream starts with me being in a small desert. The desert is surrounded by walls and ceiling. There are 2 other people in the desert with me. We seem to be searching for something there. At first i'm with these 2 people, 2 men, but at a point i start searching on my own. I don't know what i'm searching for, but all of a sudden i see an opening in the sand at a distance. It makes me think of a cave and seeing it makes me feel enthoustic. I somehow know that the cave itself is some kind of treasure. Though i is dark, like i'm walking there at night, the sand right in front of the cave is almost white, like there's coming light out of the cave. I walk a little towards it, but still keep some distance, knowing that with all caves in a desert there's the possibility of a hole/ hollow space underneath the sand in front of it. It almost immediately shows i'm right about that, because just after my few steps toward the cave the sand in front of it falls down like there really was a hollow space underneath it.
I run towards sort of a house behind me, quite excited. Excited because i found sort of treasure, but also excited because there's some kind of danger involved. In the house there are a bunch of people, stangers. As soon as i've told what i've just seen/found the seemingly leader of the bunch of people start getting the people together trying to lead them to a safer place. He leads he people up a stairs. I walk some steps of the stairs too, but when everyone is 'on higher ground' i walk down the stairs again with this leader. The dream ends with me and the leader wanting to go out into the desert so i can show him the cave.

I think this dream shows some kind of process. A possible internal process. A possible manner of how i internally react to a certain situation. At least i think so right now.

The desert...the unconscious?
A cave could also be the unconscious.
The feeling of having found a treasure...is the dream myabe showing that i've come some important steps closer towards understanding something? Did i come closer towards something my unconscious is trying to tell me? Did my unconscious sort of invite me here to take a closer look?
I think the main thing in the dream is the feeling of fear...the danger (or at least what i think of as a possible danger in rl?)...afraid of going to be swallowed by something totally, where i kept my distance of the cave because i knew there is a hollow space underneath the sand?
While writing the last sentence something else came to mind. Sand, according to the MDS-dictionary, could symbolize 'changing times'. A cave could also symbolize the womb. The desert could symbolize the unconscious. Maybe that hollow space underneath the sand is the so called space where 'everything just IS'...the space where there is no time...the space which can be reached for example during meditation?
This hollow space, reached by entering the cave, is where the treasure is found. And this treasure i think could symbolize the real Self. The danger/fear is my own fear of being my real Self, showing my real self to the outer world. In rl i indeed feel both...both fear, but also excitement. I know what can be found in that 'hollow space'...creativity, beauty, love. But i'm also afraid of it all.
I think, the bringing the people to higher ground is how i internally function when i'm close to this 'treasure'...'To higher ground' then could mean that because of the fear i 'get into my head' again and let all that thinking take place again.

Hmm, i think i got a little picture of it here, but still am curious about other possible interpretations, so...

Greetings,
Mask

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: A cave in the desert

Mask,
I see the desert with the walls as focusing on issues related to some type of isolation. That seems to be reinforced by your 'going it alone' in a search of the unconscious. Sands shift and perhaps there is a need for a change/shift in certain attitudes. The treasure may be recognizing what attitudes or aspects about your self need to change. Or recognizing they are changing. You seem to be afraid that you will be swallowed up by emotional aspects, which is probably true if you give in to the negative forces behind them.

Out of isolation to a safer place. That may be the attitude that is being addressed. There is an up and down aspect that may represent how the emotions are flowing at certain times in your waking life. Resolution of the conflicts retreat back into the unconscious. There may be the desire but not yet the discipline.

Does this fit somewhere within the realms of your psyche/life?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hi Jerry,

thanks for your thoughts and it's good to see that you're feeling better again!

Maybe you're right, but i'm not sure yet. While reading your answer i suddenly had to think about my own feelings/experiences about a desert. I've been in a few deserts in the past years and my own feelings about a desert are that i always experienced hem as great places to be...the silence, the beauty, the wideness (if this is a word?). Maybe in the dream the desert really is about freedom, but because in the dream it is surrounded by walls it could be that i'm afraid to loose part of freedom in some situation in my life?

After this dream i had several other dreams.

Killing an animal
In the night after the 'desert-dream' i had a dream in which i left my parents house through the front door. This had a reason. Just before me and my mother had succeeded in grabbing the armour of of an animal (the first animal that came to mind at waking up was 'armadillo', because of the armour-like (hard) outer layer of the animal.
After this i get outside because i know the armadillo now will try to escape the house or will come after me because of what i did to it. I get outside because i want to finish (kill) this animal once it escapes the house. Outside, having closed the frontdoor, i climb upon the window-ledge in front of the kitchenwindow. I know the armadillo will try to climb through the little window above the front door and i've the plan to shut that window hard while the armadillo is coming through.
I wait and wait and finally see the armadillo in the hall. It sees me and i have the feeling it knows what my plan is. But still it clims up and i see it appear behind that small window. The armadillo is then blindfolded. I find that a good thing. But as soons as i try to shut the window very hard on him the blindfold replaces a little and when the armadillo falls on the ground i'm looking in its small round eyes. It's like its looking right through me. The blindfold finally falls off totally and i sense the armadillo trying to come after me in order to kill me.
I see and axe, pick it up and quickly start hitting the armadillo in its flesh. It takes a while but i finally succeed in killing it. I remember how i did find its flesh so soft and it made me think of grilled fish.

At a wake
In a dream from last night an unknown mother wants me to attend the wake of her dead oldest son. She wants me and my best friend there, so a little later we go out to get there. Just before attending the wake we walk through a little store. The store is filled with little things that are specially sold there because of the wakes..to put them on a coffin. Unfortunedly i can't anything that suits this wake/dead person and i feel a little ashamed to attend the wake without a present, but i go there anyway.
The dead young man is the oldest of three brothers. I stand left of his mother and watch the coffin. It's a wooden one...very old wood and it is formed precisely surrounding the body of the dead man. The old wooden coffin feels very special and somehow also know from very long ago.
After a while everybody leaves and i'm asked to watch the coffin when they are all gone home. And so i do. I watch the coffin and then know the coffin will start to move as it does later on. It feels (or i know) like the dead young man has woken up again. It makes me just a little scared...mostly because i don't know where i can aspect the coffin to appear in the moment right after the last movement.
Again later, after my taking care of the coffin has ended, i'm in a room with my friend. There's a little older woman there with two mobile phones. This woman tells me that i need to use both phones to text-message two specific people to tell them about the death of this young man. In the dream from one of them the name comes to my mind and how i remember knowing she really wanted to know about this death and so i start to send messages.

Greetings,
Mask

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

Mask,
Perhaps a better term would be protection than isolation. Armadillos do have 'plates of armor' to protect them selves as you noted. The blindfold would be important in that it probably is addressing something that needs to be seen. Are there unconscious experiences you are protecting your self from? There is something that needs to 'be killed'.

These metaphors are related to your life. The dream statement 'the dead young man has woken up again' would be related to you in some aspect. Can you associate that with your waking life? Something related to 'feminine' aspects.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Hello Jerry,

still thinking about all of the above dreams. I'm still not sure what their exact meaning is, but maybe the right meaning will come when some things in daily life change...i don't know yet.

About the desert dream:

In short i stil think that cave is about that 'quiet place' deep inside. I discovered it, but am afraid to get swallowed by it. I tell the man about it. Both excitement and fear are felt and because of the fear/possible danger all people are put a level above ground. I think this 'putting all people' on safer ground is what i do to myself when experiencing feelings of fear...putting most of myself on higher/safer ground. I think the walls, surrounding the desert are pointing to this. The desert, to me a place of freedom, beauty and silence...the walls i think could be symbolic for the reaction 'fear'.

The armadillo dream:
The armadillo was blindfolded. I remember the blindfold had a purpose. I already knew the armadillo would try to come after me when i left the house. It was blindfolded so it would not see me.
The armadillo is also symbolic for (a part) of me, i know. The blindfold...indeed, something needs to be seen. The killing...indeed, something needs to be done. Overall something like: from understanding (seeing) to action (doing).

In another dream (which i write down here later maybe) i had my own baby. In the dream i felt love like i've never felt before...a love for my baby. It was really shochking to wake up from the dream and to understand that it had only been a dream. In the dream at a point i thought about that i had had the baby yesterday already, but that only today the realisation had come to mind that it was really mine and i saw what things (like dipers etc) i didn't have. I think in this dream the love for my baby, was in fact the love for myself (my inner child?). Maybe this is where the blindfold fell of?
In the dream, after realizing i didn't have the things i need for taking care for the baby, i started searching after my brother. I wanted him to drive me to a shop so i could buy all those things. I finally found him and was very, very angry at him, because (so i heard in the dream) he had been with other women, while he has a pregnant woman at home. Oh, i was sooo angry. I wanted him to take his responsibilities.
I think this whole dream is about coming to an inner balance. The inner male, female and child. The blindfold has fallen and somewhere i must have reached a point where finally i 'see'.
Feeling love in that dream...that was really a huge experience and i will try to remember it in daily life, so i can find out what really matters to me...in order to come and stay as close to my real self as i can.

Last night i had a nice dream.
I vaguely remember i just had travelled to some places in russia with a group. The dream becomes clearer when after this visit the trip goes to another country...Iceland. We get on a plane...litterarly ON a plane. I sit at the back with both legs to the right side.
After a long flight we finally see Iceland and the plane sets in the landing. We make a huge turn above a city. I have little difficulty to sit comfortable and i see that all people in front of me have one leg at the left and one at the right and i know that gives them more stability. On the other hand i find my way of sitting sort of stylish...because i sit on the plane like a lady on a horse. And i think about the fact that we're almost there and i managed to stay on the plane like this for quite some time already. For a split second it's then like i'm high up in the air watching down on a part of the world...seeing Europe, Russia, Iceland...noticing how far we've traveled by plane...and that i managed this long way, sitting in this position.
I'm excited when, from the plane, i start to see Iceland. The goal from visiting Iceland is to go to the snowy and icy mountains and while the plane is slowly loosing hight i can see these mountains at the horizon. I see one of the them very clearly...a large volcano (not active haha)...an icy mountain with a huge crater. This mountain we will visit i just can't wait. After landing we go into sort of a hotel. There we start preparing ourselves for the mountaintrip. I think about my clothes. I think of the snow and ice. I tell the leader and the others that i don't have such warm clothes for this trip and that i am not that well prepared. I look at some of the other peoples clothes....a lot of orange coloured. It looks like they are well prepared, but then the leader says something like: "The snow and ice might make you think it is could, but in fact the temperature is quite nice up there." I am relieved.

After this dream i have been thinking about Iceland. A lot of its 'cover' being 'hard and cold', but just beneath that 'cover' there's a lot of 'warmth', and some of those things just under the surface have 'healing qualities'...

So far...

stats from 7-14-10 to the present