Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Walking through a white building

Hi Jerry, I have an idea of what this dream means but I still don't fully understand it, thanks in advance and god bless.

I find myself walking inside of a very large and open white building. Almost everything is bright white. I approach a stairwell that leads down and my destination is straight ahead and to the left. At the bottom left side of the stairwell there stands a small group of people, maybe 3 or 4, one of whom is a powerful male figure. I feel uncomfortable about passing by them because I have some awkward feelings about possibly encountering them. My destination is the bathroom and it is wide open with no doors and in the shape of a large hallway. It is in line of sight of the people that are standing near the stairwell and so I feel uncomfortable about having to pee in there. I walk all the way to the far end of the bathroom and use a urinal that is in front of a large vertical window facing outside to a lush landscape. I feel very comfortable about using this urinal to pee in even with the people watching me and the big vertical window I think is what allows me to be comfortable.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30 waltham massachusetts, USA

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: Walking through a white building

Kenny,
The white light is a positive thing and going downward {into the deeper unconscious} suggests that positive is something related to finally being able to eliminate emotions with that needs to be let out {bathroom and peeing}. The wide open building {you} is an invitation to confront those 'negatives' that have had unconscious if not conscious control of your life. By doing that your life will finally have a restoration to the balance and harmony you seek {lush landscape}.

Who is that 'powerful male figure' in the dream and your life? Is it merely your own Shadow or a real person {or both}? You are now feeling comfortable about confronting this negative aspect, perhaps ready to let it all out and bring your whole being together {3 of 4, almost to wholeness-in Jungian psyche the number 4 represent wholeness, harmony, balance}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thank you Jerry, you clarified and explained this very well and I am most thankful! I did recognize the group of people on my left as representing my unconscious aspects and I knew that the building represented me and my life but I didn't know how to put it all together. The powerful male figure did not seem to have any negativity attached to him, quite the opposite actually. He is not someone that I know in real life either. With this in mind could he still have represented my shadow?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

Kenny,
Your shadow represents those aspects that you reject. The positive aspect you felt in the dream may be the positive aspect of confronting the shadow. It would be power to 'confront' this aspect since it is something that is unresolved and resolution is the goal {I have some awkward feelings about possibly encountering them}. Your destination is the bathroom, where you can let these feelings out.

One possibility that occurred to me while reading this post again is the 'actual' feelings of going to the bathroom to let it out. That may be real and not metaphor. Can you think of any recent experiences that would fit with that? The 'shdaow' need not be something so drastic but perhaps a mere feelings of guilt about some recent experiences.

Jerry

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Jerry,
I think that you are quite right in saying that the feelings are real. In conscious life I do actually feel this way about using public bathrooms when there are other people present. As far as the letting out of actual feelings as a metaphor for something else in my life; I do feel an urge to speak my mind in reaction to my feelings which is something that I have long repressed for the most part for the reason of not wanting to upset or stir another from which these feelings would have sprung.

I do not have any guilty feelings or regret in my life at this time.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 30 waltham massachusetts, USA

Kenny,
Thanks for the follow up response. It shows that Jung's assertion that a dream can have tow meanings has great merit. The need to let it out is addressing the actual physical experience of 'going' in public as well as those repressed emotions that need to be let out. Often one has associations to the other. But 'letting it out' is paramount to being able to live a balanced and harmonious life in the future. Unresolved emotional conflicts will only magnify
if they are not addressed. Understanding what they are is the first step. Taking measures, albeit slow ones, is the next step to be taken. One step at a time.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present