Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Saga of dreams

Well this is going to be a relatively lengthy post so I apologize if I break any rules :/
What follows is as accurate an account I could muster after waking night after night in the span of a month after experiencing these dreams.
Dream One: The Whale
I was on a boat, that is, my body was. I was perceiving the whole situation from above, like a bird's-eye view. The sea was rough, but artificial, like a movie set, and although this was obvious to me, no visual clues would make this fact apparent. The waves were rising, cresting and falling in a seemingly rhythmic pattern. The boat was tossing and turning, being almost enveloped by twenty-foot waves. All of the sudden, a shadow appeared under the vessel, it's length was almost tenfold of the boat. The shadow was of a giant whale that was "just passing through". Unfortunately, as the beast passed through, pushing its tail down in an effort to propel itself through the water. This occurred right under the boat, and according to the laws of fluid dynamics and physics, the water recessed and swelled back up with immense force, destroying the boat I was on. I was thrust through the air, straight to the vantage point I was looking from. Then the viewpoint and my physical body collided and became one as I fell into the dark "sea" below. Hitting the water uninjured, I clung to debris and slowly floated away as the dream faded to a close. As an added note of interest, in this reoccurring dream; the type of boat tends to vary each time. Sometimes its a fishing boat, sometimes a yacht, sometimes even a tall ship. The most noticeable aspect of this particular dream is the vibrance of the colors and the sharp detail of the water.
Dream Two: Fishing For Bodies
In similar fashion, this dream opened up with me on the deck of a luxury yacht. The sea was undoubtedly real this time, and extremely cold. The vessel must have been a ferry of sorts because I remember I had left something I needed in my car on the bottom deck. I was interested in acquiring my guitar which was stored inside the automobile. So I grabbed my nearest friend—who still to this day is unknown to me--and headed into the depths of the ship. There was a storm raging outside of the boat, pelting the craft with hail and sleet. As I descended into the belly of the ship, the lights were dim and there was a thick musty smell in the air. I approached my car only to realize there were people in it, but there was something wrong with them; they had very dull features with flat grey skin and yellow eyes. Strangely enough, the people in the car seemed familiar to me in some way, loved ones or friends of some sort. I backed away in horror, unaware of the rushing water that had crashed over the deck and was flowing from the front to the back of the ship. The water flooded past the small door at the back of the ship, the part I was slowly backing up towards. The ship lurched and I was thrown head over heels backwards out the door. Instinctively, I reached up and grabbed the slippery frame as the icy water pelted me relentlessly. Eventually I lost my grip and fell into the freezing sea. My car eventually fell out of the ferry and began to sink. I swam towards it in an attempt to cling to it for survival, assuming it would float. As I swam, the corpse-like passengers were smiling ear to ear and waving to me--as if to say "everything is going to be OK; go on without us”-- despite their impending death at the bottom of the sea. I treaded water for what seemed like hours until a crab fishing boat lazily coasted by. Upon noticing the ship, I screamed at the top of my lungs and they finally spotted me. And about ten minutes later the vessel approached me as fatigue began to set in. Before I got into the boat, I was overwhelmed from cold, borderline hypothermic, and moments away from passing out, surely sealing my fate. Finally, the crew threw a rope out to me and attached it to their hydraulic lift which launched me from the water onto their deck. After all of the action had occurred, I seemed to have lost interest in my initial desire to acquire my guitar.
Part 3: Shipping out
I was on a bus sleeping, when a loud announcement from the driver woke me up. Before I could pay attention to what he was saying, I fell back into the clutches of sleep. When I awoke again, everyone was gone, including a mysterious dark haired girl I knew in some way. She begins making candid appearances in almost all of these dreams starting with this one. I got off the bus and faced the colossal battleship in front of me. I went inside of the battleship and started descending into the depths of the vessel. I went down the stairs until I saw familiar but unknown people behind a half wall. I was unsure as to I knew these people but I found myself compelled to meet with them. I followed the line into a room full of glowing computer monitors on desks around the room. I discovered everyone was starting a test for permission to leave the country. I sat down and the mysterious dark haired girl walked by and tousled my hair before she went to sit down.

Part 4: Into the Jungle
I remember very small parts of this dream. I was at my home and I saw an army regiment marching down my street, and I asked what they were doing. Next thing I know, I was in uniform, attempting to keep in step. We walked down a path that leads into the woods behind my house and looked around. It was completely transformed into a river/jungle setting. Water was flowing over rocks into the river and we couldn't cross into the next backyard. All of the sudden, this gnarly looking dark haired man jumped out of nowhere and shot our leader who fell dead into the dirty water below. I lunged at him and he ran away as I too fell into the water below. Someone pulled me out, and once again I was siting next to the dark haired girl, wearing her tell-tale baby blue sun dress, who flashed a smile at me.
Part 5: Washed to sea
I was on a beach with the same group of people from the battleship, including the dark haired girl. There was a giant wall of sand opposite the water. A cliff framed the beach with a steep hill leading to the sand and water. I was at one end of the maybe quarter mile beach and they were on the other. I started to run towards them and a massive wave nailed me against the sandy wall and recessed back into the ocean. I regained my bearings and ran back onto the beach and towards my group. Another wave of green foaming water hit me hard and I skated on the slick sand back into the ocean. As I went, the wave crested over me and created an air pocket, so I took a breath before it enclosed around me. I was floating on my stomach, floundering and finally flipped over onto my back. Eventually I gave up, flipped back over and blacked out. Next thing I knew, I was on my back on a street with my group all around me, the dark haired girl crying. Paramedics were administering CPR, and I came to as I spewed a lungful of water on the the street.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 21, Ohio

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Saga of dreams

Kevin,
I'll give greater attention to your dream this weekend when I will have more time to thoroughly analyze it.
There does seem to be a lot of going into the 'depths'. Have you experienced a lot of emotional turmoil in your life? Something that has 'deeply' affected you emotionally?

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Saga of dreams

Kevin,
I won't break down the dreams in depth because I need to give equal time to other posts.
Continuing with the theme I mentioned previously, I see a lot of emotional energy in your dreams.
Emotional conflicts that run deep. The question is what are those conflicts?

The task is to determine what the 'dark haired girl' represents in your dreams. is she someone you 'dream of' or is she an aspect of your anima? If she is a 'dream girl' then your dreams are probably addressing a desire/need for female 'assistance' in your life, looking for female companionship {the guitar is a symbol for compassion and emotion and has sexual connontations {think of serenading a lovely woman with your guitar}. There are unconscious conflicts to this aspect of yourself perhaps having to do with difficulties in securing female companionship.

If it is an anima aspect then you may be having difficulties in expressing your feminine side {showing compassion, love}. My sense is the dreams are addressing issues to do with female relationships. It does seem one of the biggest problems is your own self, attitudes or personal issues that get in the way of acquiring a proper 'feminine' relationship.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present