Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
End of the world?

Okay so this dream technically didn't prophecize the end of the world. But it had an intregal part in it and is part of a series of dreams I had last night. Okay here it goes.
The first portions of the dream are blurry. I remember time traveling, traveling back in time to see one of my good friends when she was in high-school. Shes several years older than me and I guess I might have been intrested in what kind of person she was back then. This topic fascinates me. If we had met at the same age, would we still connect or not? The kicker is that shes a very close friend of mine and I've been having alot of feelings about her recently. I get along very well with her family and her mom showed up in the dream to help me get back to the present. I was stuck in the past and nobody could see me except for her and my close friend. I eventually end up in the present again and somehow end up in a car. Some stranger is driving and apparently we had just robbed a bank. The cops were chasing us but getting away was pretty easy for some reason. Those two parts of the dream were pretty hazy but they all connected somehow and then led to this.
I found myself in the backseat of a van with my ex-girlfriend, and her current boyfriend, who was driving. Riding shotgun was my friend, Brian and his girlfriend was in the back with me and my ex. I tried to talk to my former, but she seemed uninterested. I then noticed that she had a couple teeth missing. I asked her about that, and she chuckled and said "Yeah I know, the doctors don't know whats wrong with me." We were going on a road trip of somesort and the ride seemed smooth and serene. The trees overhead were illuminated by sunlight and despite the akward circumstance I was in, I felt pretty content. Then my ex said, "Look a meteor!" I looked out the window to see a massive fireball low to the ground. I wasn't sure if it was actually a meteor. It was on fire but the center of it was swirling and looked somewhat mechanical. I proposed to the rest of the van that it was a spacecraft falling to earth and that it was probably far away and that we need not worry. Then I saw it hit the ground and it seemed closer than I had thought it was. I told the driver to speed up, and he did. You could then see the ground almost melting away from the impact and water was over taking it. the van then flipped sideways as the earth below us had given in and we were completly submerged. I realized i was buckled in and concluded it would take too much effort to get out of the van. Brian's girlfriend held my hand and there I was at the end of my world, holding a stranger's hand, next to someone whom I cared deeply for once, yet now is obsolete in my life, and yet as soon as the water took over and I felt as if I died everything became clear again.
It seems that my dream is riddled with cliches and obvious symbolism. Time travel mean you have the need to return to a former time in your life, which may or may not have something to do with the appearance of my ex later on in the dream. Also intresting is the fact that I visited my current best friend who I've just started having feelings for. Websites I've visited have led me to believe that I'm intrested in persuing this current relationship, which I am, unfortunately shes involved with someone else, and that I'm fearful of repeating the same mistake over again. I really hope someone can find a way to sum it all up for me though. I know I'm not the best writer and the dream I described isn't as vivid as the one I expierenced, but I remember so many key elements from it and rarely do from dreams, so this seems like a big deal for me. I'd very much appreciate an interpretation of it or at least a crack at it. Thanks alot - Joe

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17, Illinois

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: End of the world?

Maybe this fits for you Joe,
In the dream dictionary it says that if you rob a bank you are "expending too much energy" and are in danger of "depleting your inner resources." That is because you are feeling that you need to obtain something of value, and are willing to commit a crime for it. It may speak about your interest in your ex, since her current boyfriend is driving the van, it may express your wish to be in his shoes right now, stealing her back. Anyway, her missing teeth may represent some blackness, something unknown to you, hidden or distasteful in your relationship with her. Some part of your relationship has become unattractive, and despite efforts to ignore it, to pretend the weather is fine, the intuition in you knows that this relationship is crashing, falling out of the sky. Water is a natural prevalent universal symbol for emotions. It is a basic symbolic image in man's sponteneous mythopoetic imagination. You fear that the flood of emotions precipitated by the demise of a relationship will end your world. However, at the end, you hold hands with the other female who is a friend. As a friend she is also a symbol of your own interior feminine sympathetic feeling functions, and a symbol of the universal female, who helps us remain connected and emotionally healthy, and with a conscience. Your faithful connectedness with her will ensure that your world will not perish and that your relationship with the ever present inner and outer feminine world will remain strong and healthy.

There's a natural mystic blowing through the air.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34 Missoula MT

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: End of the world?

Joe,
See if what Sam has offered fits your world. His perspective of his own posted dream had great merit. It doesn't always take a trained professional interpreter of dreams to see into others dreams. A good intuitive mind makes up for a lot. Of course learning Jungian psyche is paramount to 'knowing' the dream and I encourage anyone who has a sincere interest to study Jung. Not that Sam has not done that already {my suspicions are he has}.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present