Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Self Smoking Cigarettes and Chilling at Snoop's House...

I posted one of my dreams a little bit ago and I'm trying to get the hang of it. Describing your dreams is a very hard thing to do, especially for me because most of my dreams, while very vivid in detail, are also very abstract in what takes place. I consider my dreams very Lynch-ian. Every section seems unrelated, but somehow connect very fluidly in the dream. Anyway, I'm trying to get the hang of this because I think dreams are very important, and although the brain becomes something of a robot at night, I think many questions about ourselves and our personality can be answered using them.

This dream happened to me a couple weeks ago, and is one of the more random, yet entertaining dreams I've had.
My friend and I were driving about town in his 86' El Camino. It was sunset and we were approaching the local Wall-mart. I reached for my cigarettes and pulled one out. To my astonishment, they were on fire, and looked as if someone was enhaling them at a super fast speed. Me and my friend looked at it in amazement. I asked him what was going on and of course he had no answer for me. I kept pulling cigarettes out and one by one they were being inhaled by some ghost smoker and before I knew it I had an empty box and about 20 cigarette butts, still hot from being smoked. Apparently this wasn't a big deal to me at the time. I told my friend to drop me off at a telephone booth were my friend and her sister were waiting for me. I was going to attend a party with them, but didn't know where it was. We arrived to the house and the man himself, Snoop D. O. Double G answered the door. The girls seemed to be very good friends with him and entered as if they'd been there plenty of times before. I, on the other hand, remember being very nervous about meeting him. I even remember being concerned that the handshake I gave him was too long and too lame. This might be my subconscious white boy insecurity manifesting itself. Either way, I felt very awkward there and to my chagrin, the girls said they were going to go get liquor for the party, because you know Snoop Dogg probably never touches the stuff. So they left and the akwardness heightened. I even remember shaking his hand again as a possible do-over from the last time. I told him that I'm very big into making music, which is true, and told him my past accomplishments in that field, which are very minimal and include winning a contest in high-school. He seemed unimpressed, of course, and then motioned at his entourage that he wanted to leave. They got up off the couch and headed for the doorway. Snoop then informed me that they have some stuff to go do and he told me to keep an eye on the house for him. I obliged as I had no other option really. And there I was, in snoops house all by myself. After a couple minutes of sitting on the couch, I decided to explore the place while I could. The place was very uncharictaristicly shappy and wasn't much bigger then the apartment I live in now. The windows here half tinted green and gave the place and oddly sterile atmosphere. I looked in the fridge, probably because episodes of Cribs has me preconditioned to, and I found nothing but tupperware stacked on top of each other. No foor or drink of anything. Just tupperware. Then I went into the bathroom. Again, it looked very shabby and low class. He had one of those oldschool tubs without a showerhead that arent attached to a wall and had a wrap-around shower curtain on it. The room was odd for one more reason, though. Behind the tub, sink and toilet was a huge empty room. It looked sort of like a studio loft, something you can imagine an artist dwelling in. Sparse, open, and very very white. I began exploring this space, which seemed endless and then I had the sudden urge to look for cameras just incase he'd watch the tape and see me meandering around his abode. There were cameras. Tiny cameras. Everywhere. Hanging from rafters above, robotically swaying back and forth. And then I noticed that there was a whole other floor beneath me and that I was in the rafters of an even bigger warehouse. I saw men in white painters suits and hard hats wheeling wagons of stuff behind them. There seemed to be dozens of them, all transporting something from one part of the warehouse to another. It looked like a dubious operation that Snoop Dogg has kept hidden for years. I figured I'd better be getting back now. I had entered the main part of the house again, and sat back down on the couch when I got a call from my friend from earlier. She said she was outside. I opened the door, and her, her sister, and about a dozen half naked men were outside. I was very offput by it, especially when my friend said that they decided to bring some friends. I didn't quite know what to say, and felt very jealous that she had brought them over. They looked like they had arrived straight out of a Fireman's Calendar or something and the two girls were very giddy and whispering and laughing to each other. I decided to ignore it and asked her what type of liquor she got. She pulled out bottles and started handing them out to everybody. After she distributed them all she got to me and then asked, "Oh, did you want something?" I was very pissed, and then to make matters worse, her and her sister said that they were going out to get more "friends". And they left me again, in Snoop Doggs house, with 12 half-naked men, yet completely alone.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 17, Illinois

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: Self Smoking Cigarettes and Chilling at Snoop's House...

Joe,
At the age of 17 your dreams will most often focus on recent waking experiences where there is some type of inner conflict. They will primarily focus on 'ego development' and conflicts with peer groups as well as experiences that affect you emotionally. These type of dreams are often personal and only the dreamer can know for sure what they are trying to draw attention to. Most often that attention is benign unless there is severe emotional conflict associated with it.

In this dream I would look to 'bad' habits {smoking}and self esteem issues which all teens have to confront {lame handshake}. That evolving new identity that comes with maturing may be one of the insecurities you spoke of.

The exploration in your dream would be one of inner exploration, again having to do with ego development and trying to understand yourself and the world around you.

To better understand the dream look at the different people in the dream as being parts of yourself. Snoop Dogg would be a part of you that wishes to be noticed, or seeking fame {we all have such desires}. Since he is black it may represent deeper ambitions having to do with your music interests {part of your shadow self}. Take the dialog in the dream and apply it to a conversation about yourself and desired 'accomplishments'.

The tupperware may be saying something about 'artificial' aspects. Being your true self is always a message dreams try to convey to the waking mind. Going to the bathroom often represent 'letting or getting things' out that need to be eliminated. The 'shabby and low class' may be addressing feelings you have about yourself in certain aspects. The 'rooms' and loft would be aspects of yourself. Put those into context of the dream scenery and see where they fit with your waking life. 'Sparse, open, and very very white". Look at the white as not a color of skin but perhaps a metaphor of some other aspect about yourself {pure, innocent, etc}.

The 'whole other floor' is that unconscious elf beneath the ego centered self, the true identity that you hide from others and often yourself {Snoop Dogg has kept hidden for years}. I sense there is a real element of wanting to explore that creative side {imagine an artist dwelling in. Sparse, open, and very very white. I began exploring this space, which seemed endless}. That is a 'feminine aspect' {your anima}and the 'she' that is 'outside' may be pointing to that aspect of your psyche and not a literal 'she'. It may be something that is being 'ignored', a usual aspect in the life of a growing teen who is confronted with a world full of materialism.

The problem with dreams of a teen is they often contain elements of actual waking life experiences interspersed with symbolic metaphors that address the deeper self. Look at the dream as I suggested above and see what fits, not only your waking life but also those deeper desires and conflicts.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present