Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
A bothering dream my friend had.

My best friend texted me at 3:30 A.M. last night saying she had the scariest dream of her life. I'll give you all the info on it that she gave me. I'll just show you the 2 texts she sent me about it. Word for word, here they are:

"I woke up to the sound of someone rubbing their hand against a piece of paper. They were sitting on my bed kind of near my head. It was dark, but I looked at them and could see them clearly. They held a piece of paper that said "Cody will make you kill yourself." Then they handed me a phone that was ringing but was silent, I answered and this scary voice said "Seven days before he makes you jump the noose" they hung up. It was so real, I tried sitting up in my dream just to make sure I wasn't dreaming."

A little info about her. Shes my ex-girlfriend. She still has feelings for me but we can't be together. I tell you this because Cody is her current boyfriend. Their 1 year anniversary is in 4 or 5 days but shes ALWAYS complaining about him. Going on and on about how terrible he is. (Nothing disfunctional. Just normal crappy boyfriend stuff.) Hes controlling and he gives her guilt trips and crap if she doesn't do just what he wants. But, I think shes codependent on him to some degree.

I asked her for any more info she had on the dream or anything that stuck out and she just sent me this:

"It was exactly the same setting that I was in in reality. I was sleeping in the same position and everything. I woke up, and I heard someone rubbing paper behind me. I sat up. It was dark but I could see him clearly. He was all black. His face was so gentle I thought it was an angel. At one point it looked like me, but then it turned back into him. He held out the small piece of paper he was using to wake me up. In scratchy penmanship it said "CODY IS GOING TO MAKE YOU KILL YOURSELF." I looked at him in terror. His face was still gentle but concerned. He handed me a phone. The screed said it was ringing, but I specifically remember it being silent. I answered and the scariest voice said "Seven days until he makes you jump the noose." Immediately followed by the dial tone sound it makes when someone hangs up. I could literally feel my face disfiguring as I prepared to scream. Then I woke up."

Any info would be appreciated more than you could imagine. This dream has been on her mind non-stop and shes really worried about it. She said it felt so real.

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 18 CA.

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? No

Re: A bothering dream my friend had.

Christopher,
Tell your ex-gf not to worry too much about the dream. Dreams speak in the language of symbol and metaphor and what is going to be 'killed' is more likely an emotional issue she possesses that she wishes would go away. Unless she has serious/severe psychological conflicts the dream is addressing emotional issues and not an actual literal event. Look to the dream dictionaries above and see what the symbols may represent to get a better understanding of how dreams function. Carl Jung has provided real insights to the world of dreams and those people who understand the language of dreams can usually interpret them to an extent they are understood by the dreamer. I will provide a better interpretation later today since my time is so short this morning.

Tell her not to worry. The dream si about inner emotional conflicts and not a literal 'killing' or death.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Thanks for the help. We realize that she won't really die in 7 days. We figured it was symbolism. I appreciate the reply and I am looking forward to the upcoming interpretation.

Christoper,
The dream language 'sitting on a bed next to her head' probably represents unconscious emotions {emotions that are stronger that the conscious mind realizes}. Cody is at the center of these emotions and her 'thinking' about that may be what is 'killing' her. There needs to be better communication, perhaps between her and Cody or perhaps with her self, about the relationship. That part has been 'silent' suggesting it has not happened {the needed communication}. The 'noose' may be something she has created, being 'hung up' either on Cody or some aspect of the relationship.

Perhaps the relationship with Cody is so strong, perhaps too strong, they are causing her to put herself in an unneeded situation. Or as you stated in your description his controlling attitude is becoming too much for her to bare. Either way it does seem to be a bit unhealthy.

An important thing to remember since you are communicating someone else's dream. It must be as she stated the dream without your personal bias. That would distort the dream message. Your restating of the dream may include your own feelings which would not be a part of her dreams. Her dreams are about her. Period.

Jerry

Thank you so much for your ideas on her dream. I am a little biased, because I can't stand Cody. But I didn't twist the message. I just posted the exact messages she sent me, word for word.

Again, thank you so much. She and I both appreciate it greatly.

Christopher,
You are a good friend indeed. Have you conveyed to her my interpretation? Her response would be appreciated.

Jerry

stats from 7-14-10 to the present