Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
wierd dream

My wife Janelle and I drive up a dirt road in the country. At the top we get out, but I realize that we left our 2 year old daughter Krystina below, and I must go find her without delay. I see a girl of about 8 or so playing, she is somehow our daughter also, I think to myself this older girl will be ok by herself while I go look for Krystina. Janelle drives and I am worried about her driving, we are going downhill, she misses a turn in the road and we run into some bushes. I am upset, but I get out since we are suprisingly at the bottom and near our daughter. I'm walking in the woods calling for her, I hear a voice call back, then we do that again. Then I see a country house, kind of hill-billyish, to my relief, some women or a woman who own this house has been taking good care of my daughter. She is with the women and several other kids, inside a fence. My daughter is somehow a young boy about 8 or so. He has a stick poking into his right side, I check to see if he's impaled, I look behind him for an exit wound, he says he's ok, and is not hurt. Then I notice a littler stick poking into his face, it looks slightly inflamed. He mentions something about helium being in it.

Now I'm standing with him in the corner of a grocery store in our town, (the one my mother used to take me to, before I started school.) He is now an older man, I'm wondering to myself how he is both my son and my dad at the same time. Then I realize this is a dream, cautiously I look into his face to see his response, his face becomes like a warm yellow light, like a tube screen. He asks me if I need help with the roof of a house. Without thinking clearly, I just graciously say no. There are two more men now, they are smiling and enjoying the moment. I decide I should look at their feet, one has sandals that have a kind of African (colorful) theme.

I'm assuming that in retrieving my daughter I'm bringing up emotions that are repressed or forgotten or unknown. That is cause in dreams often I'm trying not to wake her up (not wake up those sleeping emotions). But in agressively persuing them, I uncover an emotional theme that is contemporaneous with the time when I was a young boy. I'm trying to squeeze this down into an interpretation here, I thought that checking behind him for an exit wound was checking to see if there were any more hidden unconscious factors hidden out of view. I could be wrong. This aspect of myself, my formative youth, has been somehow wounded and neglected, but it is not dead. It may yet live on to be a guiding principle, an inner wisdom from childhood that is as old as the archetype of the wise old man?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 34 Missoula MT

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Re: wierd dream

Sam,
The first part of the dream does seem to be focused concerns of feminine aspects that probably have to do with your own development, possibly from childhood {My daughter is somehow a young boy about 8 or so}. Something has been 'impaled' that left an exit wound. Consciously you are not opening affected by this {as an adult} but unconsciously it does seem to have left an emotional impression that becomes inflamed when it does become conscious. There may have been recent experiences with your wife and daughter that 'brought back' these unconscious impressions. Being at the beginning years of the mid-life thing such experiences that remain unresolved will begin to show themselves seeking resolution.
Look back at your boyhood years of around 8 years of age and see if there are any experiences that may be relevant o the dream.

The second part seems to confirm this possibility. You are both the son and dad. And you are back in those years of boyhood experiences. There seems to be a 'caution' about these experiences, something about the 'thinking' aspect that may affect the emotions {roof of the house}.

Your observations do seem to confirm a lot of what I see in the dream. Have you thoroughly analyzed those early years of life to determine what emotional conflicts there may be? The last part of the dream, the two men, may be saying something about these experiences now, you can smile about the past, but the foundations {feet} may need to be laid bare {sandals} to determine something that may affect your personality and life.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

stats from 7-14-10 to the present