Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Dead President, Dead Me and FDR

May 6, 2009 – I see an images of the former President, Ronald Reagan, sitting in a chair in a room. The room is nondescript, the space appearing empty but his image ... just him. His hair is white. I wake as I am hearing/being told something about him dying, that he is dying.

May 7, 2010 – I see an image of a woman’s body, naked, I think. She is laying down and appears dead (or unconscious). I have reference to her gastrointestinal system, that something is running into her mouth and through her intestines – through her whole system - like something has saturated her - that this is what is affecting her.

May 9, 2010 - I come to waking consciousness for only a moment, aware of the kundalini, registering a concern that it may move through me like a freight train again. Later, I dream of President Roosevelt (Franklin), that I am engaged in an activity of researching information about him.

~

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 44

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Dead President, Dead Me and FDR

So, I am still trying to understand what my psyche is saying in these dream pieces. I have had earlier dreams of Reagan. He was in office when I first enlisted in the Army years ago. The first of these dreams seemed to speak to my unconscious (perhaps over-)identification with the masculine, but also presented a "Peace Summit," speech. The second dream of Reagan featured my home with a basement full of male soldiers whose laundry needed washing. My ego-self in the dream was acting with a very militaristic, defensive, high and tight "in the head," line of thinking and action, ending with a convoy/armory of vehicles passing by outside my home. I then called it a parade. I went out and met with Reagan, whome I saluted, as he greeted my by saying, "Hello, Dear One." Now, he is white haired and dying. Then, there is unconscious me...which reminds me of my earlier dream of laying unconscious while two men dressed me in military clothes/fatigues. I have wept thinking about that dream, thinking I was feeling that these guys (my masculine aspects were only trying to protect me, only doing the best they knew how to do at a younger period in my life). But, anymore, the sadness/grief is for how my feminine self became covered over with so much masculinity (often negative). So, I can't help but think that these are the aspects that are passing/changing, so that I might achieve a greater internal balance of masculine/feminine. The dream of Roosevelt kind of throws me...a man who had passed even before I was born. Still a "presidential" type, I learned he is considered one of the three greatest presidents (along with Washington and Lincoln). He was the only president to serve four terms. His legs were crippled (by Polio, they say), but he is reported to have never presented himself publicly in his wheel chair (instead used braces to help him support the weight of his body on his legs). One of his famous addresses is "The Four Freedoms Speech," the values of which resonate deeply with me. And a biographer said of him, that, "He lifted himself from a wheelchair to lift a nation from its knees." He brought the United States through thte Great Depression and World War II

Kristi

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 43

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

Hi Kristi,

the first thing i had to think about, according the presidents in your dream, is the possibility if they are about your (former inner) leadership. Both Roosevelt and Reagan were republicans, where Obama now is a democrat. Maybe this could shed a light on the meaning of these dreams?

Greetings,
Mask

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Thank you, Mask, but I don't think so. I am not politically motivated, don't study or pay attention to politics. And Obama... when he was elected to office, my soul cried with joy/relief. It was time...time for a black man (person) to be in office...in my heart felt opinion. Saying that, I am also aware that I have identified greatly with African Americans, being that my own young life began in disenfranchisement/oppression.

One other thing, I was coming back to post is of the etymology of the names, Reagan and Roosevelt. Reagan means, "little king." Roosevelt means, "from a field of roses.

Kristi

Mask, Too quickly I responded and missed what you were trying to say...about inner leadership: Democratic verses Republican. My inner style (or, at least,my inner intention) was always more democratic in my views of life and its affairs, but what presented was more associated with the "rule of the law" (Republican). It adds something. Thanks.

Kristi

Hi Mask,

Still studying President Roosevelt and Reagan here and wanted to insert a correction: Roosevelt was a Democrat, often referred to, as I have come to understand, "The Democrat."

Kristi

Hi Kristi,

i looked it up and saw i had been reading about Theodore Roosevelt.
But what i also found is that Reagan at first was a democrat but became a republican...maybe the dying of Reagan in your dream is referring to that change in some way?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 37

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? yes

Hi Mask,

I just wanted to come back to say thank you for the interest and for responding ... these dreams have given me a lot of information.

Kristi

stats from 7-14-10 to the present