Dream Analysis/Interpretation by Dream Analyst Gerald Gifford
Read: Methodology I Use in Analyzing Dreams,,,,,Based on Jungian Psychology
5000+ Dreams
    /a>
Interpreted
Please Support My
Rescue Kitty Fund

Click the Kitty

FREE INTERPRETATIONS: Please Provide Age/Gender For Proper Analysis.....Follow-up Response to Analysis Requested
By submitting your dream you have read & agree to our Disclaimer/Privacy Policy

The Dream Forum is Closed
Private Interpretations Available-E-Mail: mythsdreams@hotmail.com
Power of Dreams/MDS Dream Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Peraps an answer to a question?

I was in a classroom. I remember there being this light in there. Almost like a yellow-y light. I was sitting in the back on the left hand side, by windows. I believe I was on the first floor of the building. There was a tall, thin, bald teacher in the front of the class. I think I was in high school. There was a math problem on the board, written in green (the board itself was white). The teacher called on me to answer the problem and when I looked up, I remember I had been concentrating on working out something on the paper before me on the desk. I was wearing shorts I remember, too. I looked up and I know my face had been scrunched in concentration. Right above the teacher’s head I see a clock.

I tell him it’s one o’clock and that I am not going to respond to him since class is over and it is time for class to end. He laughs and tells me it is not the end of class. I know I am seeing that it is one pm. Somewhere in my mind it is.

But looking at the numbers and trying to remember, I’m not sure if it was, or if he just wanted me to second guess myself.

But I get up and leave.

I know there are other voices and some light laughter. But the teacher keeps teaching.

I then remember being in the bathroom. The floor was an ugly mustard yellow color. As if dated and old. I remember seeing blood oozing on the floor in the stall next to me. I remember thinking it was strange.

I then remember leaving the stall and when I stood, I remember feeling that I had menstrual blood and that I had to hurry home to get the appropriate items I would need to prevent leaking.

To provide some background, I am looking to move out of state. I've had no concrete offers, but my brother is moving into a home and has offered to let me stay for a short while to get on my feet come July.

Half of me wants to go - well, more than half - but the other part is terrified: what if i go there and don't get a job?

I was asking my higher self for some insight before bed and when i woke up, this felt like there was something there to connect to what i am looking for. What do you think?

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33, Western New York

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Female

How Did You Find the Dream Forum? Yes

Re: Perhaps an answer to a question?

Jackie,
So sorry I overlooked your dream. I will give it my full attention later today or first thing Saturday morning.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

Hi Jerry

Thank you for taking the time to look at it! I appreciate it!!

Jackie

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33 - WNY

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Femal

Jackie,
I do believe the dream is focusing on the problem {math} in your waking life. And the fact you are 'second guessing' yourself over the decision. Dreams seldom provide a clear answer to any waking problem but they do provide clues {dreams help you work through your emotional conflicts, not solve them}. The 'green' writing may point to personal growth which may be a prime element to your move. And the 'left hand side' may be a reference to the mythological path of the hero/heroine journey {life is a journey} where the adventure is the prime goal in life and not the material worth associated with 'getting a job'. Of course the dream may also be saying something about being prepared for such a journey. 'Remembering the last time you were confronted with a major life decision {high school} may point to such problems of being prepared. The emotional energy {menstrual flow, blood representing emotional energy} may be the biggest 'problem' that needs to be solved.

My sense is the dream is addressing this major decision in your life and the confusion involved. But as one who lives the code of the 'hero journey' I believe it is the adventure that is more important than it is the material worries {finding a job}. You are at an age where this may be the last time you will be able to make such a move without sacrificing much more than you are having to do now. Unless there are compelling reasons {using objectivity is also important} not to make the move, I say go for it. You have your brother to help you. Are there anything major issues keeping you from making the move other than the concerns over getting a job and the emotional aspects involved? In the hero/heroine path it is the adventure that leads you to your true and desired destination. Waiting for some divine intervention seldom works, you have to make the decisions and moves yourself.

One more comment about the 'hero journey. I have been on that path for more than 18 years and have experienced the positive aspects to be real and always a source in overcoming the negatives that life throws at me. In other words it does work as long as you stay the path and believe in yourself. The positive power of thinking is important but there are aspects within nature that lend themselves to a positive outcome when you follow the fundamental structures and stages of life. Joseph Campbell's
Monomyth is about these basic structures and stages of life, aspects that we all share and experience. It is most often the 'emotional' self that leads us away from this path and when you are able to reconcile the emotions to the realities you always will discover a positive outcome to the problem at hand. Mythologically speaking, in the words of a more recent mythological hero,
'Let go Luke, use the Force'.
Let go the emotions and follow your heart.

Hope this helps.

Jerry

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 60 Murfreesboro, Tn

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} Male

This completely makes sense. My eotions seem to be the biggest stumbling block, which on one hand when I stand back and am objective, I know things are ok and will be, but on the other hand, I guess I get afraid and wonder how much I am going to screw things up or what I will miss here (which at this point, I also know that Ive seen all I will see where I live, since the community is SO small).

My biggest concerns are my finances but everyone has those, I know...and I know the last time I veered from the path most taken I had an amazing experience and things were AOK...

I take your response to heart and I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to read this. I'm going back to re-read your response now to digest some more

Age & Gender & Location {Required}: 33, WNY

Have You Posted Before? Date of Last Post {Use Search and Your Post Name to Help Find Last Post} F

stats from 7-14-10 to the present